PDA

View Full Version : So when is everyone "Going dark"? *Possible Spoilers*

ShaneO7K
10-09-2011, 04:56 AM
Just started thinking recently about when would be the best time to go dark and hide myself from any and all spoilers that will eventually spread through the internet as we come closer to the date we have all been waiting for.

Usually I would stay away from any thing AC related a couple of weeks before release so the story isn't spoiled at all for me but with all these gameplay videos just beginning to flow through differen't forums and Youtube, I can't help but wonder should I stay away from these forums and others like earlier this year?

So when you all planning to "hide" from the eventual flow of spoilers to come in the Road to ACR's release?

LightRey
10-09-2011, 05:02 AM
The very first second of November 15 (in whatever time zone the game first comes out).

dewgel
10-09-2011, 05:04 AM
I don't actually mind spoilers as such, so far we've just had 2 random mashups of gameplay, nothing actually imperitive to the storyline.

The real spoilers are the Desmond bits and what the weapon of Masyaf is that Ezio is going to find.

As soon as I see someone posting something like "Desmond Gameplay" or I hear of bigger videos coming out, I think I'll lay off.

Although I'm finding it difficult because things are looking sooooooooo good.

reini03
10-09-2011, 05:07 AM
I think I'll disappear by the 2nd of November. Uncharted 3's going to be released that day, and I have 7 exams between the 4th and the 18th. That's gonna make me avoid spoilers...

dewgel
10-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Haters gonna hate, but my disappearance might be 08/11/11

Yes, MW3. Shoot me?

EDIT: Then 11/11/11 - Skyrim

And there's Arkham City.

Busy month

Ezio95
10-09-2011, 05:20 AM
around now lo, batman arkham city, and uncharted 3 is more than enough to keep me occupied :P.. and their are too many spoiler videos out now :/ i cant resist

ChaosxNetwork
10-09-2011, 06:41 AM
I have been going Grey for some time, Just in case some information/game play comes up on the Dens, but I am thinking it is best to go dark right now since many threads have spoiler tags in the name.

blazefp
10-09-2011, 06:47 AM
I also thought about disappearing a while before ACR's release but I just can't stay away of the new trailers 'n stuff. I just can't help it.

However I'll definitely disappear from 15th November to the time I'll finish 100% of ACR, that's for sure.

Animuses
10-09-2011, 07:22 AM
I'll disappear November 15th, but I'll be back quickly. It won't take me long to beat the game.

ProletariatPleb
10-09-2011, 07:26 AM
I'll be in the shadows from 15th November till 2nd December when I get my copy of AC:R...yes I play on PC, go on, call me a pirate >_>

Toxotes47
10-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by sidspyker24:
I'll be in the shadows from 15th November till 2nd December when I get my copy of AC:R...yes I play on PC, go on, call me a pirate >_>

Same for me. I still remember accidentally discovering the ending of brotherhood whilst looking for the release date. Once bitten twice shy would be for me now I suppose...

Jexx21
10-09-2011, 07:51 AM
never. spoilers don't bother me.

AnthonyA85
10-09-2011, 08:12 AM
i considered "going dark" back when AC2 first came out on consoles, that lasted all of about....10 minutes, until i found a walkthrough on youtube, same with ACB, and will most likely be the same with ACR.

dewgel
10-09-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm with Jexx, spoilers don't bother me. Although I wish someone spoilt Brotherhood for me, cos I was really hyped for that thinking it was going to be epic, expecting the epic battle between Cesare and Ezio, which was a total let down.

I don't know why but I expected Ezio to die in Brotherhood.. hmm

There's loads of games to keep people busy till it comes out.

By the way, for those who say there's loads of spoilers videos out now, please link me? Because I see no spoilers? Everything so far has been little mashups and gameplay, nothing major to the storyline.

PS PS PS. Escoblades told me on Twitter there's an embargo for those like IGN, Machinima and other reviewers which gets lifted on Monday or Tuesday (tomorrow or Tuesday,a ctually) so for anyone wanting to avoid spoilers, I'd probably disappear then, because that's when Ubisoft are going to let people freely talk about what they've seen.

rileypoole1234
10-09-2011, 08:51 AM
The second I see a thread that might possibly have a major plot spoiler, I'm out till I finish the game. I made the mistake of looking through the Forums during ACB and had some major things spoiled.

Blind2Society
10-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I wish I could erase everything but the E3 trailer and extended trailer from my mind.

LightRey
10-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Spoilers generally don't really bother me either. However, I'll still spend most of my free time playing ACR.

ShaneO7K
10-09-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm OK with minor spoilers but I remember last year on here some titled there thread something like *SPOILER* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">"LUCY DIES?!"</span> *SPOILER* or along those lines, I just hope nobody includes names of characters in their threads after release for a while.

Mr_Shade
10-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Remember not to post spoilers please.. without a warning in the thread title..

I know the game may be old now, but we will have players who never played it reading these forums in the coming months http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I wish I could go dark.. lol

ShaneO7K
10-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Remember not to post spoilers please.. without a warning in the thread title..

I know the game may be old now, but we will have players who never played it reading these forums in the coming months http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sorry, got it fixed . http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dxsxhxcx
10-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
The very first second of November 15 (in whatever time zone the game first comes out).

I would say even before november 15 since the game will probably leak before that date...

LightRey
10-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I would say even before november 15 since the game will probably leak before that date... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Possibly. I'll keep my eye open for any reports about it just in case it does get leaked, but otherwise I'll just wait right up to the 15th.

reini03
10-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Poor Mr. Shade http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

masterfenix2009
10-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Probably a week or so before ACR. So, Shade, what is your personal advice on when to go dark?

RzaRecta357
10-09-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm super careful to not be spoiled.

Although I couldn't help myself but to watch those leaked videos of Desmond and Lucy under the sanctuary last time.

I'm gonna try to not do that this time. With Batman and Uncharted coming out the time should fly.

dewgel
10-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I would say even before november 15 since the game will probably leak before that date... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Possibly. I'll keep my eye open for any reports about it just in case it does get leaked, but otherwise I'll just wait right up to the 15th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not a case of the game getting leaked, most reviewers have the game already (Blades included, although I don't think he's allowed to admit it)

According to the embargo terms, all reviewers who have the copies are under strict orders not to reveal anything until tomorrow or Tuesday. I think he said something like IGN had the exclusive preview on it where they could release certain footage.

So, if anyone is wanting to avoid spoilers, I'd go dark later today or tomorrow, because expect alot of stuff to be appearing.

AkeiraXgamer
10-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Well I have big projects coming soon, so I'll probably unintentionally miss spoilers/leaks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

naran6142
10-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
It's not a case of the game getting leaked, most reviewers have the game already (Blades included, although I don't think he's allowed to admit it)

According to the embargo terms, all reviewers who have the copies are under strict orders not to reveal anything until tomorrow or Tuesday. I think he said something like IGN had the exclusive preview on it where they could release certain footage.

So, if anyone is wanting to avoid spoilers, I'd go dark later today or tomorrow, because expect alot of stuff to be appearing.

so with this whole embargo thing, did the reviewers actually get to play the game or did ubi just let they play other parts then wat we've seen?

anyways i'll probably go dark 1-2 weeks before the release

beatledude210
10-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Most likely the end of October for me, but I'll have Arkham City to keep me company until Revelations come out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SleezeRocker
10-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Spoilers don't matter for me as long as I don't see the end.

I don't care of the Dagger of Time is shown to be a Piece of Eden and "Kakolukia" is/was an Assassin, as long I don't see the End im good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mr_Shade
10-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

so with this whole embargo thing, did the reviewers actually get to play the game or did ubi just let they play other parts then wat we've seen?

anyways i'll probably go dark 1-2 weeks before the release </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They played only part of the single player campaign - brand new and exciting parts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

They do not have the full game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Altair661
10-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Im not gonna look at any media previews or anything, only videos provided by Ubisoft themselves, because I think they know not to spoil it. However November 1st is when Im goin dark. Uncharted, Skyrim, maybe some BF3. That'll keep me busy.

kriegerdesgottes
10-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I would say to avoid Youtube in the two weeks beforehand. Last year Zwoosh posted a bunch of videos of the hideout and the Brutus armor and stuff we hadn't seen yet because he managed to get the game early somehow. There's no way I could see those videos and not watch them. I'm not really a big spoiler person anyway so it's not a big deal but just sayin. Someone will get an early copy from some retailer (probably someone who works there) and it'll be on Youtube.

dewgel
10-09-2011, 11:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

anyways i'll probably go dark 1-2 weeks before the release </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They played only part of the single player campaign - brand new and exciting parts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

They do not have the full game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet you're one of the lucky gits, Shademeister. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Blades mentioned there's a video he's editing, with some SP footage ready for release either tomorrow or Tuesday.

I also expect to see some scrote releasing the achievements sooner or later, so watch out!

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I work in the dark to serve the light so... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Lol, i'm not trying to rush the game. I'm going to do sidequests too because i feel the games are too short if you only focus on the mainstory. For example, when i first got AC:B i rushed threw the whole thing i regret it. But with AC:R im going to take my time with it. I cannot wait any longer!!!!

sp33dd34m0n
10-09-2011, 11:50 AM
There are no real spoilers imo. even if a video shows some things from the game its more like a teaser since I the whole story is important in AC. Of course after 15. November its not recommanded to watch YT videos if u didnt play the game yet. But before that day im happy about every piece of information about the game that comes out.

naran6142
10-09-2011, 12:11 PM
They played only part of the single player campaign - brand new and exciting parts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

They do not have the full game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thnx shade http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

so im not going to worry about the new info coming out, doubt it has anything super spoiler-ish if its only a limited part

twenty_glyphs
10-09-2011, 12:50 PM
I think I'm going to have to strongly consider going dark on this site at least around the weekend before the 15th. I don't mind seeing a lot of gameplay beforehand and don't even mind knowing some elements of Ezio's story, but I really want to experience as much of Desmond's segments fresh if I can. Last year gameplay videos started coming out the Friday before the game did, and even watching some of those at different points from Sequence 1 to 3 didn't ruin anything for me. What made me mad was seeing thread titles on here around Sunday or Monday before the game specifically saying stuff about the cliffhanger ending of the game. And it wasn't just one, but multiple threads saying varying degrees of detail about what happened to a certain someone.

I would also advise anyone to stay away from the wiki, even if you are just researching something you think is only from a previous game. I was able to shake off the spoilers from thread titles here because I still didn't know a lot of the details behind the ending, so I just considered it more hype to make me interested in the ending. But then while I was about 2/3 of the way through the game just taking my time, I decided to read up on the Apple on the wiki, and right there out of nowhere came a paragraph describing Brotherhood's ending in more detail than I already knew!

It will probably be worse this year because the encyclopedia is coming out around the same time as the game, and if anyone gets that and starts reading it there will probably be updates to the wiki spoiling things and topics here with their titles saying stuff like, "Does {character} really do {action}?" It's going to be a dangerous time, and it will be hard to resist the temptation to stay away.

itsamea-mario
10-09-2011, 12:58 PM
I think I'll try to avoid these forums for a week or two beforehand.

Moultonborough
10-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Most likely a week before it comes out. But I got a new book to read on the eighth so that will keep me occupied till it comes out.

trueguitarist95
10-09-2011, 03:01 PM
I'll try to stay off these forums a week before release and then I will be playing Skyrim.

souNdwAve89
10-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I guess I'll be "going dark" around late October with the release of Battlefield 3 since I'll be busy playing that. Besides gaming, November is the time that a lot of tests, exams, mid terms, whatever you want to call it start happening and I'll be busy with that.

SleezeRocker
10-09-2011, 06:58 PM
I will be:
http://www.coolrom.com/screenshots/n64/Perfect%20Dark.gif

The day after or before November 15 when ACR will be in PS3 and played through for perhaps 3-5 hours straight (excluding multiplayer)

Animuses
10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I'll be busy playing Arkham City and inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood, so I'll be occupied before ACR's release. I guess I can stay away from the forums then.

SleezeRocker
10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood, so I'll be occupied before ACR's release.

Oh shoot I forgot about that!
When is that releasing? I just read it be disocunted for PS+ players so hope I can afford it with a $20 card http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kriegerdesgottes
10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
I will be hopefully still preoccupied with Batman Arkham City but I don't really care too much about spoilers anyway. I can either see them on youtube or I can see them on my TV. what difference does it make when or how I see the exact same thing.

Jexx21
10-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I will be hopefully still preoccupied with Batman Arkham Asylum but I don't really care too much about spoilers anyway. I can either see them on youtube or I can see them on my TV. what difference does it make when or how I see the exact same thing.
Arkham City

kriegerdesgottes
10-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I will be hopefully still preoccupied with Batman Arkham Asylum but I don't really care too much about spoilers anyway. I can either see them on youtube or I can see them on my TV. what difference does it make when or how I see the exact same thing.
Arkham City </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow I'm ******ed. Good catch I can't believe I did that.

InfectedNation
10-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Does anybody know when Escoblades will be off embargo and release some stuff?

naran6142
10-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:

it either later today or tomorrow, i think http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GallopRider
10-10-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm probably "going dark" on the 11th of November. I'll be busy playing Skyrim and pwning dragons. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

InfectedNation
10-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:

it either later today or tomorrow, i think http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's 6.30 pm over here in the UK (where Esco is I think) So it looks like it will be tomorrow or later this week...

Oatkeeper
10-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Ive had AC2 and Brotherhood spoiled for me, Im not going to the forums for 2 weeks prior. especially when you have idiots who spoil the game in their topic titles.

Dralight
10-10-2011, 03:28 PM

He just posted on Facebook a few minutes ago saying his single player preview will be up at 5pm UK time tomorrow.

InfectedNation
10-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Dralight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:

He just posted on Facebook a few minutes ago saying his single player preview will be up at 5pm UK time tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Does he take friend requests from people he doesn't know by the way?

kriegerdesgottes
10-10-2011, 03:33 PM

He just posted on Facebook a few minutes ago saying his single player preview will be up at 5pm UK time tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome, so that's about noon for me here in the U.S.

Dralight
10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dralight:

Perfect http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Does he take friend requests from people he doesn't know by the way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh you don't have to add him. He has a page anyone can "like" so you can follow what he's posting. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Markie577
10-10-2011, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dralight:

Perfect http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Does he take friend requests from people he doesn't know by the way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh you don't have to add him. He has a page anyone can "like" so you can follow what he's posting. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright that's it!!! I'm going dark :-( Still somewhat more then a month!! This is going to become very hard. Good luck to you all

NewBlade200
10-10-2011, 05:01 PM
The best time would be 2 weeks before release. The games get leaked a week before launch. Afterwards I will collect information about the game only from official sources and threads made by people I know of on the forums.

Moultonborough
10-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
The best time would be 2 weeks before release. The games get leaked a week before launch. Afterwards I will collect information about the game only from official sources and threads made by people I know of on the forums.

Yes, but even if you read only certain threads it might not work. People have a annoying habit of putting spoilers in their titles so even if you don't read it, kit could spoil it for you. That's why I am abandoning the forums from one week out until I finish.

NewBlade200
10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

Yes, but even if you read only certain threads it might not work. People have a annoying habit of putting spoilers in their titles so even if you don't read it, kit could spoil it for you. That's why I am abandoning the forums from one week out until I finish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As I said before, 2 weeks is the best time because it leaked a week before with ACB. It is safest to go for 2 or more and just subscribe to the AC YouTube channel.

Elatreus
10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Well as the game is usually released a few days earlier in America than it is over here in the UK, I normally would avoid anything a few days before the American release.

Easier said than done though. A few days before Brotherhood's release date in the UK I decided to browse the the forums, and got the ending spoilt for me by some idiot. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

I'm determined not to get Revelations spoilt for me this year.

NewBlade200
10-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Everyone always says that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Moultonborough
10-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Everyone always says that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Yes, they do. And most blow it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif Probably me as well but for some they do accomplish the feat of being totally surprised. For me Brotherhood since I didn't know it came out until a few days after release but now I know better. Most likely I won't make it a week and blow it by reading a review from IGN or Gamespot. But I will try not too. Only time will tell for us all.

Animuses
10-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Now I will only watch videos uploaded by the Assassin's Creed YouTube channel and I'll try to stay away from any thread about anything from Revelations. Previously I said I was going to leave the forum the day before the release, but now I decided to stay away from the forums two weeks in advance and I'll come back after I beat the game.

I'm looking through thread and all I see is:
*spoiler*!!!!!! I've also seen spoilers in topic names already. :/
As NewBlade200 said, if you want to avoid spoilers, you should stay away from the forums two weeks in advance.

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 10:53 PM
I will be going dark a week before release and untill I finish the SP side of the game.

But I will still frequently visit the MP forum, just not the SP.