PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Needs To Report The Full Mission Builder Bug

LuckyBoy1
01-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Please see this thread for details because if only a few people report it, you can kiss having a wide variety of missions to choose from goodbye!...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=6421018762

3.JG51_BigBear
01-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Definitely seems to be a problem with the ATI drivers no? I have nVidias on both my machines with the latest drivers and haven't noticed any of these anomolies.

LEXX_Luthor
01-25-2005, 07:22 PM
I tried to read the thread but gave up. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It may help bug discussion if oversize pics are made click links. Thanks

Also, tell what you were doing when you got the first corrupted pic.

LuckyBoy1
01-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I was using the full mission builder. Up until then, everything was fine.

Rab03
01-26-2005, 12:59 AM
I tend to believe Oleg that it's driver related issue. I'm having similar problems with older games when I try to play them with specific combinations of newer hardware's drivers and DirectX. Example-new GF driver, DirectX 9 installed and DirectX 7 compatible game - and I get certain screens or entire game corrupted.

Corrupted zip files can mean that computer which is used for zipping makes calculating errors, possibly due to faulty RAM or overclocking.

|CoB|_Spectre
01-26-2005, 03:47 AM
I do a fair amount of FMB work and have an ATI 9700 Pro AIW card, but haven't experienced this particular anomoly. The only video weirdness I've run into has been some loss of textures or texture corruption, but even then it's been very unpredictable and seems to happen mostly when I'm online. Usually it will subsitute bits of map for the instruments or the gunsight, repaint the inside and outside of the aircraft and cause big sections of the sky and/or surface to turn flat white. I've experienced the texture issues with the Cat 4.11, 4.12 and 5.1 drivers. Since reverting back to Cat 4.10, it's been rock solid. This is going to be a tough one to pindown because others have run the same drivers without incident.

pettera
01-26-2005, 04:04 AM
I have seen similar problems (checkboard patterns in map) in missions. I think it is an ATI-IL2 combo problem.

Petter

Extreme_One
01-26-2005, 05:05 AM
Definatley an ATI issue.

I'm really pi$$Ed off with ATI - they make decent hardware (better than NVidia IMO) but their OpenGl software support is rubbish.

They release a new Cat driver each month (not including Betas) and they have all been afflicted with terrible OpenGl bugs recently. Since July/August '04 as far as I can tell.

I never experienced such driver issues with my previous 3 cards (all NVidia)

LEXX_Luthor
01-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Okay, what were you doing in FMB when this happened?

Twice my FMB would not function except the blue screen and the menu would not work making me re~boot, turned out it was corrupted "bldconf" file...no text, just square charactters seen in WordPad. I think it was corrupted from hitting the power off button cos my motherboard (or something) was freezing up computer. Had another "bldconf" file in my backup FB folder though.

VW-IceFire
01-26-2005, 08:04 AM
I've seen this happen once...and it was really hot in my room at the time (it was summer and the air conditioning was off) which I think was contributing. But *touch wood* I haven't seen that in quite some time.

LuckyBoy1
01-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Not a heat or a power issue here. I run a OCZ 520 watt power supply and water cool both video card and CPU. Even at stock clocks still we have this problem. The game, when I am in the Full Mission Builder will freeze when I go to play or replay a track. I can do a shut down sometimes by Task Manager and other times, nothing less than unplugging the computer works.

LuckyBoy1
01-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Also RAM has been tested by several programs and also switched with new sticks and no change.

LuckyBoy1
01-27-2005, 05:38 AM
I've even tried reformatting my PC and installing and running everything at stock speeds and still no joy. The problem seems to affect the 256 MB ATI video cards more or the 128 MB cards that have been flashed to an XT bios.