PDA

View Full Version : What is that iron site in these planes?

EAGLE_34_WO
02-24-2005, 07:41 AM
I have noticed an iron site that sits to the side of my regular gunsite and have wondered what it's for. It usually falls to the left when I firts spawn in game. I did notice one time I was in a zero and took heavy damage to my cockpit and gunsight. As soon as this happened that ironsite popped up from the left and it seemed to act like a backup in that situation. Is that what it is, a backup for when I take damage? Also, can it be toggled on and off? Thanks!

EAGLE_34_WO
02-24-2005, 07:41 AM
I have noticed an iron site that sits to the side of my regular gunsite and have wondered what it's for. It usually falls to the left when I firts spawn in game. I did notice one time I was in a zero and took heavy damage to my cockpit and gunsight. As soon as this happened that ironsite popped up from the left and it seemed to act like a backup in that situation. Is that what it is, a backup for when I take damage? Also, can it be toggled on and off? Thanks!

fherathras
02-24-2005, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EAGLE_34_WO:
I have noticed an iron site that sits to the Is that what it is, a backup for when I take damage? Also, can it be toggled on and off? Thanks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1... Yes.

2... No