PDA

View Full Version : PF planes vs. the old vets.

Biloxi72
11-01-2004, 09:29 AM
S!
Before answering my question please keep in mind I understand it depends on the pilot, we are flying full switch settings for most part, and that the patch will address some concerns of "uber" planes.

I have just found a copy of PF here in the states and have installed itbut have yet had time to get online to fly. In Fb i have been flying the 109 and in PF my ride is/will be the corsair and wild cat. Now the question: for those that have had PF for a while how do you think the PF planes are in terms of difficulty to fight against? Do the corsair or hell cat provide challenges that you find having difficulty with or do the late war German planes handle them relatively with no real problems. Just trying to get a feel of how some of these "what if" match ups occured in europe.

Thanks

Biloxi72
11-01-2004, 09:29 AM
S!
Before answering my question please keep in mind I understand it depends on the pilot, we are flying full switch settings for most part, and that the patch will address some concerns of "uber" planes.

I have just found a copy of PF here in the states and have installed itbut have yet had time to get online to fly. In Fb i have been flying the 109 and in PF my ride is/will be the corsair and wild cat. Now the question: for those that have had PF for a while how do you think the PF planes are in terms of difficulty to fight against? Do the corsair or hell cat provide challenges that you find having difficulty with or do the late war German planes handle them relatively with no real problems. Just trying to get a feel of how some of these "what if" match ups occured in europe.

Thanks

VW-IceFire
11-01-2004, 11:04 AM
Corsair and Hellcat seem like average to good opponents in the aircraft that we used to fly (say 109s and 190s) seeing as we've been up against some of the best European aircraft around. The La-7, the Yak-3, and the P-51 are still some of the best aircraft...PF doesn't really add in a new uber plane...at least none that I've seen yet.

The Corsair is up there...but it doesn't seem to pose the same threat. That may all be differen when people get good in it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Biloxi72
11-01-2004, 11:48 AM
S!
Thanks Ice, that was kind of the same conclusion i was kind of expecting. But we will see over time with more people getting practiced in their new planes.

LStarosta
11-01-2004, 01:20 PM
The new PF American planes seem to be more forgiving than the ones from FB... Even the P51 is a tougher plane to fly than the Corsair. Whether or not this is accurate or not is not something I want to comment on.

I'll just say this:

No Hellcat or Corsair can replace my Jug, Fw190, or Bf109.