PDA

View Full Version : Write a newspaper article reviewing/promoting PF!

Freycinet
10-19-2004, 04:54 AM
Tolwyn on the SimHQ forums suggested that we, the flightsimmers should contact our local newspaper and offer to write an article on the new Pacific Air War simulation coming out, called Pacific Fighters...

I thought about doing just that when Il-2 came out. I thought: "I've had so much fun with Il-2, what can I do to pay back a little?"

So I emailed the biggest General Aviation magazine here in Denmark, and asked them If they'd be interested in a flight sim article. They were, and even paid me handsomely to do it!

I have now become the flight sim reviewer of the magazine, and my computer and hardware upgrades are paid by the money I earn on reviewing flight sims. It's my little dream job "on the side"... Smile

Also, I get flight sims mailed to me by Ubisoft, MS, and the like, which is pretty nice...

I can very much recommend that ANYBODY with a little writing talent out there helps out PF in the same way. Especially among US residents, since I believe a PF article will be very interesting to a US local newspaper, and will open the eyes of a lot of people who don't know about the game.

So, to the keyboards gentlemen! (Well, OK, let's just get PF first...)

adlabs6
10-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Ha! Congrats on how your article led to a nice position with the magazine.

An interesting way to create some interest in the game, too.