PDA

View Full Version : << Beta Testing for all >>

TheGozr
02-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I have read many posts about how patches are free and we should be thankful, well I have "mix feeling" (my new English word of the day) about this.
The question what to do about this?
What I wish to do is start a list of some sort to donate 10 or 20 $ or anything you can to Oleg Maddox account (paypal like). We need to know were to send the founds because this sim do not generate a lots of $$ IMO so lets help a bit.

Yes we are thankful period and everyone’s need to understand this as well as the moderators around these forums. So maybe with more founds new things will be smoother for the Maddox team. Because deeply I know that we have to be thankful and they have to be thankful as well, it is like an exchange.

Beta testers have a lots of work to do on testing and pretty hard to know what do they test etc. but i dout many beta testers have a word to say and the decisions are made at the boss office, i really think the beta testers do their best at the limit of their knowledge so intead to critisized the beta team why not work with them instead?
Giving data information’s is a big plus.
-Making a list just for what things should be from different views and docs.
-Make another list for just the "bugs". Not both mixed.

No new planes, no new nothing but work on what we have already. Please stop the non-sense of wanting more and more. I 'm asking to everyone interested on making this better to think about this, what a great feeling to accomplish something like this should be. To make new planes into game take lots of time but fixing what we have is much less time consuming for the team I think.

With all this maybe there is a way to make the sim even more realistic.
We have here in these forums lots of peoples passionate about this era and sim why not use it as a great encyclopedia?

TX-Zen
02-24-2006, 12:32 PM
I think its a great idea and would love to see it happen. I have no problem donating extra dollars for this idea because I would love to see the game get a solid overhaul to correct many outstanding issues.

I know BoB is around the corner, but I find it hard to imagine that the game will have the life and vibrance that IL2/FB/AEP/PF does as a series.

Can you imagine what this game would be like if the majority of bugs were fixed and each FM tweaked to be as close to historical as it could be?

I'd definately contribute extra for that.

<S> Gozr, good idea

carguy_
02-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Ok,yeah,cool.The system should disallow behavior like "I pay I require" which is bound to appear once ppl make donations.

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Regardless of the conduit, I'd love to see some of the 'obvious' bugs (if only cosmetic) to be corrected. Tweaking some FM's and/or DM's as well would be extremely cool. Resident wide-screen resolution support would seem almost a no-brainer at this point as well.

This sim is far from unplayable...on the contrary, it's the best I've ever played. It will also have to last for some time to come considering BoB won't be released for at least another year and even then will likely be 2 patches away from optimized. If it were only a matter of funding, I would definitely be willing to 'do my part' to erm...make it so. My concern is that it's not only about money, but other resources like time and available personnel with the appropriate talent. If I'm wrong, I'd like for a representative from 1:C to respond in one way or another and confirm that with 'X' amount of money, 'Y' could be fixed. knowing what the return on the additional investment would be would go far in garnering the requisite support...be sure.

My .02c

TB

T_O_A_D
02-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I can't say for sure, but I would imagine its more of a time issue, than a money issue. Sure money would hire more help, but how long will it take to train that help to the level of competence to be of any real use, and the man hours of an already competent worker wasted in this venture?

Some from 1C, Maddox or even Oleg can only answer this question, for sure I would think.

Monguse
02-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Phenomenal idea!

I would definetely participate. Gentlemen, count me in.

TgD=Monguse
'Guse

hos8367
02-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Well, this is certainly an admirable idea. The thing is, I too think its less of a money issue then people would imagine. First there is the time issue. Toad put it pretty well. The other thing is that this is a 5 year old (I think) game now. You see oleg saying this and that can't be done because of the limitations of the code. This game was originally created to be eastern front with FAR fewer planes that we have now. It has gotten quite popular and more and more new planes have been added to keep with the public's request. This has made for a game who's code has been pushed far beyond its original intent. You just can't make many of the changes people are asking for without completely starting over. It may not make sense to people, but that is the nature of programming. This is why we are getting BOB. I think Zen has misunderstood what BOB will be. It is the begining of the remake of the entire game. Like IL2 started as eastern front, Oleg has said that BOB is the start of the remake, and he will work his way around WW2 once more. This time the game will be coded knowing what scope it will grow to. I anxioulsy await BOB, and what will follow it. It really has a huge potential being created from the ground up to be a complete WW2 combat flight sim.

HelSqnProtos
02-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by TX-Zen:

I know BoB is around the corner, but I find it hard to imagine that the game will have the life and vibrance that IL2/FB/AEP/PF does as a series.

S~!

Respectfully I must disagree. B.O.B. is going to take us to a new dimension of simming. I would further add that no one believes Oleg is stupid. I can't see him releasing a product with 14 flyables to compete against one with what 180?

I think Gozr makes fine points, however I don't see them being implemented in this sim. I am all for it in B.O.B. but the pay idea makes me nervous. When people pay, they expect!

I would like to see a 'more' open beta system. The current system is too closed and vulnerable to 'bias' imho. However my very high esteem for the Beta Team Leader keeps my comments to a minimum on this subject. This thread however is useful and has something to add to the discussion so hopefully he won't scream at me too hard. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif Big love for you Suk !!

In closing I would like to agree with Gozr about the need for more community particiaption in Beta Testing. I would also like to (piggyback - forgive me Gozr) to make a plea for more SQUADRON INPUT on the sim. I feel like the DF crew gets far too much attention. Coop is the bread and butter of the sim. What should be the process does not seem to be in question only the mechanism which by we can accomplish the task. Threads like this with respected players and pilots like Gozr and company only benefit the sim.

Good thread.