PDA

View Full Version : % power and % pitch to manifold pressure and rpm

FA_Whisky
06-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Just an idea....
When you change your thottle settings or rpm you get the message power: ..% and proppitch: ..%

Wouldnt it be nice if you would get the engine settings in manifold pressure and rpm. Since the gauges are all not that accurate i think this would be nice. Also maybe for engine, oil, coolant temperature.

FA_Whisky
07-12-2005, 01:53 AM
any comment anyone?

PlaneEater
07-12-2005, 02:02 AM
I'd love it, personally.

Or in ata or lbs./boost.

Stefan-R
07-12-2005, 02:31 AM
But planes without CSP should still have "Pitch" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

FA_Whisky
07-12-2005, 02:58 AM
But planes without CSP should still have "Pitch"

why, rpm is pitch and power related right?
so with manifold and rpm you would know what pitch setting is used. And when you fly a plane without csp you listen to the engine for the right rpm right? so you want to know what rpm is set, not the pitch setting.

Utchoud
07-12-2005, 04:31 AM
It sounds like a good idea to me, but I see some problems in implementation. First, your rpm changes a little even with CSP depending on whether you are in a climb, level or dive, and even on your throttle setting. Furthermore, it changes when your engine is damaged, oil pressure drops and so on.

In my opinion, this feature could be added to the speed bar as new lines.

But I don't care, I prefer HudLog off http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

FA_Whisky
07-21-2005, 03:51 AM
In my opinion, this feature could be added to the speed bar as new lines.
Thats the Idea. That way you can also turn that ugly hud message off and still have good data about your engine. Or, Oleg could just fix the gauges.

FritzGryphon
07-22-2005, 01:35 AM
The gauges are fine. The game simply generates incorrect values for RPM and MAP versus throttle.

You can use use 3rd party programs like UPDspeed to view RPM, and I think MAP a well.

FA_Whisky
07-22-2005, 03:41 AM
Manifold and rpm are useable, but the temp and oilpressure guages are not.