PDA

View Full Version : 6 Altair memories, 6 Desmond Memories, half an hour each

Fairus60
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
In this preview, this is confirmed. But if they are only 5 seals... where will we see the 6th? And im honestly dissapointed with Desmond only having 6 sequences too. With all those "memories" that had been unraveled through the E3 code...
And only 30-40 minutes duration? Come on! I was expecting at least an hour or an hour anda half each!
I hope they do make justice to both characters.
Here is the preview, it is in spanish, couldn find and english version.

Assassins Creed Revelations 3D Juegos (http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/avances/11248/3218/0/assassins-creed-revelations/)

dewgel
10-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Maybe you should change the topic title as that's quite a spoilery title, if you're correct.

Also, 6 Desmond memories yes, but it's already confirmed that we've got free-roam as Desmond. Desmond doesn't have memories, he has scenes. 30 - 40 minutes each are quite long to be quite honest, for their scenes. Longer than I originally thought.

kalo.yanis
10-11-2011, 01:04 PM
An hour and a half for each seal? That's a expecting too much, considering the main story-line of brotherhood amounts to about that. And these are, let's face it, more or less side missions.. or mini-levels, since they are actually important for the main plot.

playassassins1
10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Fairus60:
In this preview, this is confirmed. But if they are only 5 seals... where will we see the 6th? And im honestly dissapointed with Desmond only having 6 sequences too. With all those "memories" that had been unraveled through the E3 code...
And only 30-40 minutes duration? Come on! I was expecting at least an hour or an hour anda half each!

Assassins Creed Revelations 3D Juegos (http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/avances/11248/3218/0/assassins-creed-revelations/)

Do you remember in ACB that we could Leave the animus whenever we wanted to. In an article they said that we could leave the animus in revelations to explore 'The Island'. So that will be more fun with Desmond whenever you want!

johnnyhayek
10-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Fairus60:

The 6th seal is probably the artifact in Masyaf. That has been speculated by a few a people here, including me. Or, if it isn't the case, then maybe Ezio discovers there's still a sixth seal to be found during a point in the game. Also, the lengths are great. I expected them to be much shorter at first.

roostersrule2
10-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
And only 30-40 minutes duration? Come on! I was
expecting at least an hour or an hour anda half each!

The 6th seal is probably the artifact in masayf. That has been speculated by a few a people here, including me. Or, if it isn't the case, then maybe Ezio discovers there's still a sixth seal to be found during a point in the game. Also, the lengths are great. I expected them to be much shorter at first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe I thought that he could suffer from eagle vision and see Altair once more and this could be as big as AC2 3 hours for Desmond 3 hours for Altair maybe 10-15 for Ezio.

sp33dd34m0n
10-11-2011, 01:18 PM
6-7h for the memories od desmond and altair, plus the story-line with the templan-towers, side-missions... thats actually a lot and nothing to be disapointed about.

Sick_one12
10-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I think thats quite much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifif really every sequence lasts about half an hour,we get a total of 6 hours of altair and desmond gameplay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gifAnd since i guess the game will take about 12 hours or so to complete,we will obviously play half the game as Altair+Desmond and the other half as Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifAnd if you ask me,thats AWESOME for a game thats supposed to be "The last game of of the <span class="ev_code_RED">EZIO</span> trilogy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Plus:you can also free roam with Desmond which adds more fun game time with him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dewgel
10-11-2011, 01:20 PM
That preview translated says they're simply speculating that information.

By the way, it's already confirmed by the British Broadcasting Censorship jazz that the game has 2 hours and 45 minutes worth of cutscenes, which is 15 minutes more than Brotherhood (that's not including gameplay, obviously)

itsamea-mario
10-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Six scenes at about 30 mins each, that's like 3 hours, that ain't bad really.

ShaneO7K
10-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Nothing to really complain about here, 6 hours worth of story/gameplay with Altair and Desmond is more than I was expecting because I knew they were also juggling with Ezio's story which is the main one of the three in Revelations.

It could be a lot worse.

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Uh.. I think it means that all 6 memories are half an hour combined.

ShaneO7K
10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

Now I defintely think that would be a little too short and do Altair little justice (even though some awesome stuff could happen in this time which is likely) if that is true.

sp33dd34m0n
10-11-2011, 02:12 PM

No way.5 min each would be even less than a side-mission like a roof-challenge.

VRTX97
10-11-2011, 02:59 PM
No it means that each memory will be 20-30minutes, trust me, I speak spanish.

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Did UbiSoft confirm it in the article, or was that speculation?

MostJadedGamer
10-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I hope the Desmond memories are skippble. I hate that modern, and Sci-Fi crap. I play AC only for the epic historical settings, and hate when that modern, and sci-fi crap interupts my game.

MostJadedGamer
10-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
Nothing to really complain about here, 6 hours worth of story/gameplay with Altair and Desmond is more than I was expecting because I knew they were also juggling with Ezio's story which is the main one of the three in Revelations.

It could be a lot worse.

I certainly hope it isn't that much(and i would be shocked, and dissapointed if they wasted that much time on Desmond/Altair). Thats way to big of interruption to the main game. Also Desmond's memories had better be skipable.

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

It could be a lot worse.

I certainly hope it isn't that much(and i would be shocked, and dissapointed if they wasted that much time on Desmond/Altair). Thats way to big of interruption to the main game. Also Desmond's memories had better be skipable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No they are not skip able because like it or not this whole plot is revolving around desmond not Ezio, and besides altair and desmond ARE part of the main story lol

Jexx21
I hope the Desmond memories are skippble. I hate that modern, and Sci-Fi crap. I play AC only for the epic historical settings, and hate when that modern, and sci-fi crap interupts my game.

Stop buying Assassin's Creed or learn to like those memories. Because they aren't gonna be skippable, and the Sci-Fi component is a key part of the series.

MostJadedGamer

I do to Jexx21. No way do I think they would waste so much time on Altair/Desmond memories, and interrupt the main game to such an extent.

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dennis580:

Stop buying Assassin's Creed or learn to like those memories. Because they aren't gonna be skippable, and the Sci-Fi component is a key part of the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey man come on dont be like that, its his opinion, you cant convince him other wise, he hates the Sci-fi parts then fine its his loss

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 03:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I do to Jexx21. No way do I think they would waste so much time on Altair/Desmond memories, and interrupt the main game to such an extent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh.. no. Desmond and Altiar are key players in the series. Desmond is the main character of the entire series until the end of AC3 anyway. I want ACR to have a good amount of gameplay for both of them.

kriegerdesgottes
10-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
Maybe you should change the topic title as that's quite a spoilery title, if you're correct.

Also, 6 Desmond memories yes, but it's already confirmed that we've got free-roam as Desmond. Desmond doesn't have memories, he has scenes. 30 - 40 minutes each are quite long to be quite honest, for their scenes. Longer than I originally thought.

We don't have freeroam as Desmond. Where did you hear that? Falko Poiker confirmed in the podcast that his sequences are going to be linear but I think he was referring to his own memories. I'm sure the island segments are open but that's it.

I am ok with the amount of time given with Altair and Desmond. I expected 5 super short scenes but 6 at a half hour each for Desmond and Altair isn't bad at all so I have no complaints there.

CRUDFACE
10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
@krieger: yeah, I was like when was that confirmed, I don't think they will be. I'm cool with the time to. I guess all those files we found from before are going to be taking place together, huh?

BTW, you guys notice how the numbers for AC: Revelation have been reducing? Like they showed us all these memories and then they used to say "300 bombs!" Now they're saying "About 100 bombs!"

Might be wrong on that one though, lol

Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

It could be a lot worse.

I certainly hope it isn't that much(and i would be shocked, and dissapointed if they wasted that much time on Desmond/Altair). Thats way to big of interruption to the main game. Also Desmond's memories had better be skipable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No they are not skip able because like it or not this whole plot is revolving around desmond not Ezio, and besides altair and desmond ARE part of the main story lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sure, lol, feels like Desmond is trying to be the main character, but Ezio is keeping that status in this game.

@Jexx21: Come on, http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif hugs all around. Don't tell people just to go away.

MostJadedGamer
10-11-2011, 04:35 PM

Stop buying Assassin's Creed or learn to like those memories. Because they aren't gonna be skippable, and the Sci-Fi component is a key part of the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I buy the AC games for the epic historical settings PERIOD If it wasn't for the epic historical settings I would have never had touched a AC game.

Which is why AC3 will probably be the first AC game I do not buy because it looks like it is going to be Desmond in a modern setting.

kriegerdesgottes
10-11-2011, 04:41 PM
I buy the AC games for the epic historical settings PERIOD If it wasn't for the epic historical settings I would have never had touched a AC game.

Which is why AC3 will probably be the first AC game I do not buy because it looks like it is going to be Desmond in a modern setting.

The next AC game has been confirmed to have a new assassin in it. It will not be an all Desmond game thank goodness.

kudos17
10-11-2011, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Which is why AC3 will probably be the first AC game I do not buy because it looks like it is going to be Desmond in a modern setting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I happen to like that "modern, sci-fi crap". Get over yourself. This series may have parts of Altair, and a big part of Ezio, but in the end this is Desmond's story, which takes place in 2012 (which is barely the future, by the way).

You don't have to like it, but appreciate it, and how it incorporates into the big story here. Ezio is not the "main character", he's just another piece on the chessboard. Hell, the same could even be said for Desmond.

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Sorry, I told him to not get it because it is the main setting of the game.

He just got me angry I guess..

sorry.

Krayus Korianis
10-11-2011, 05:31 PM

Also needs to learn how to use a freaking comma correctly. My eye is twitching something fierce.

For Dennis580:
Desmond, Ezio and Alta´r are chess pieces in this entire story. Like it or not, this isn't Burger King... You can't have it your way.

Game is set in 2012, in October. It is Desmond's story, not Ezio's or Alta´r's story. This entire "epic historical setting" is taking place in an Animus in Desmond's head. Kinda see where I'm going with this?

Fairus60
10-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Well I wasnt really complaining about the duration. I guess its just my interior Altair fanboy inside that wanted another full Altair game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, and since its the last game he appears... well, I wanted more. I know that long or short sequences, Revelations will be the greatest AC yet.
Im starting to agree with the theory that maybe the 6th memory will be accessible through the artifact in Masyaf. It kinda fits.

The only thing is... how will they touch Desmond┤s backstory in only 6 memories? They seemed a lot more in that E3 code

RzaRecta357
10-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I'll love it when AC3 busts out and needs to be so radically different to make it stand out that it's set in modern time with Desmond and motorcycles for horses with zip line guns and things to boot.

All these people will complain and it'll be hilarious.

kriegerdesgottes
10-11-2011, 06:07 PM
ok again, ACIII has been confirmed several times to not be all Desmond. ACIII = new ancestor. This is no secret.

kudos17
10-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
ok again, ACIII has been confirmed several times to not be all Desmond. ACIII = new ancestor. This is no secret.

All hail the French Revolution ancestor!

No, really.

itsamea-mario
10-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Yeah he's allowed to not like it, doesn't mean they're bad, a lot of people however do like those parts. I loved it when we got to leave the animus in AC2 and when we got to actually do something with Desmond.
And there's more 'sci fi crap' going on in the historical settings than in the modern times.

And we can dance around the matter all we want, but Desmond IS the central character, he's the reason were even playing as Altair and ezio.

eagleforlife1
10-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Yeah he's allowed to not like it, doesn't mean they're bad, a lot of people however do like those parts. I loved it when we got to leave the animus in AC2 and when we got to actually do something with Desmond.
And there's more 'sci fi crap' going on in the historical settings than in the modern times.

And we can dance around the matter all we want, but Desmond IS the central character, he's the reason were even playing as Altair and ezio.

But Altair and Ezio are the only reason that Desmond has a story. Without them he would never have ==Brotherhood spoilers== <span class="ev_code_WHITE">found the apple in the Colisseum (sp?) vault</span>.

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Don't worry about the time, worry about the quality of the work that they put into the game.

itsamea-mario
10-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:

But Altair and Ezio are the only reason that Desmond has a story. Without them he would never have ==Brotherhood spoilers== <span class="ev_code_WHITE">found the apple in the Colisseum (sp?) vault</span>. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now this is getting like the chicken and the egg (the egg came first)

But didn't look for the apple because of ezio, Desmond used ezio because of the apple.
Ezio has had 3 games, Altair has had 2 or (1.5).
Desmond however has been in all 4 games as the main playable character, he is the connection between Altair, ezio and any other main assassins in this cycle, he is the convergence point for all of them, he also probably had the highest concentration of TWCB DNA, so is naturally more kickass. And now that he has the skills and wisdom of two if the greatest assassins that ever lived, he can use that 'kickassness'.

MostJadedGamer
10-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Desmond however has been in all 4 games as the main playable character

LOL is that some kind of joke? I don't know what AC games you have been playing, but in the first 3 games Altair, Ezio, and Ezio have been the main playable characters. Desmond has been a background character that occasionally interrupts the game.

The vast, vast majority of the first 3 games have been played in historical settings with a historical character with occasional interruptions by a background character named Desmond. That is a simple fact.

ShaneO7K
10-12-2011, 08:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Desmond however has been in all 4 games as the main playable character

LOL is that some kind of joke? I don't know what AC games you have been playing, but in the first 3 games Altair, Ezio, and Ezio have been the main playable characters. Desmond has been a background character that occasionally interrupts the game.

The vast, vast majority of the first 3 games have been played in historical settings with a historical character with occasional interruptions by a background character named Desmond. That is a simple fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whether you agree or not Desmond is the overall main character until AC3 ends.

The history is a key point in the games but they are really just there to further Desmonds story.

Ruscris2
10-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Wow, i expected them to be about 3-4 minutes each.This is quite good.

blazefp
10-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Ruscris2:
Wow, i expected them to be about 3-4 minutes each.This is quite good.

Giz that's not even half of Cristina missions and those were already quite short.

BK-110
10-12-2011, 10:44 AM
3 hours for each of the two... That's more than I had expected. It sounds reasonable to me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Azugo
10-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I'll be satisfied if Revelations clocks in at about 25 hours total, but I'll also be disappointed because I'm one of those singleplayer junkies. I guess I could compensate that disappointment with multiplayer, but I almost never play the multiplayer component of any game.

I'm gonna really, really hope for AC3 to be atleast 40 hours of singleplayer content... Lol.

ShaneO7K
10-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Azugo:
I'll be satisfied if Revelations clocks in at about 25 hours total, but I'll also be disappointed because I'm one of those singleplayer junkies. I guess I could compensate that disappointment with multiplayer, but I almost never play the multiplayer component of any game.

I'm gonna really, really hope for AC3 to be atleast 40 hours of singleplayer content... Lol.

Now that's asking for a lot.

Azugo
10-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Yep! Like I said, I'm a singleplayer junkie.

ajl992008
10-12-2011, 04:06 PM
i was hoping for 10 hours with ezio and so 6 hours with desmond and altair making 16 hours, brotherhoods main plot took 10 hours which felt too short for me, side missions are good but its really the main plot thats most important so i was hoping for more but im not too dissapointed, alteast this time im prepared for a sohrter camplaign, i was anooyed after completing brotherhood, still a good game though.

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Err..

AC1 took 30 hours, AC2 40, ACB 40

So either I take a really long time or I just enjoy it more.

ajl992008
10-12-2011, 05:01 PM
side missions took me another 10 hours and im spending the time to rebuild rome which is quite fun, i like bortherhood but would have liked to to have last a couple hours longer for the MAIN plot, then i do side missions throughout the year until the next ac.

Azugo
10-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Err..

I think you just take a really long time. :P

eagleforlife1
10-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Err..

You take a very, very long time.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Err..

Hmm, how about if you would have just done the main things and not the extra stuff? I'm a little surprised ACB was long for you, but it had a crap load of side missions

MostJadedGamer
10-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Good new Altair's memories will be short. I want the main part of game( Ezio in Constantinople) to not be interrupted much.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards...revelations/60700673 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/628357-assassins-creed-revelations/60700673)

The Altair memories within the Keys will be relatively short, but engaging.

MostJadedGamer
10-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ajl992008:
i was hoping for 10 hours with ezio and so 6 hours with desmond and altair making 16 hours, brotherhoods main plot took 10 hours which felt too short for me, side missions are good but its really the main plot thats most important so i was hoping for more but im not too dissapointed, alteast this time im prepared for a sohrter camplaign, i was anooyed after completing brotherhood, still a good game though.

AC is a free roam game you are suppose to be doing a lot of stuff other then the main plot. Your missing out on half the game.

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Err..

You take a very, very long time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I just enjoy it more because the game is really really easy. It's not like I had difficulty getting through it.

I just enjoy the environments and the free-running.

NuclearFuss
10-19-2011, 03:14 PM
To be honest I think everyone'll be doing Assassin Dens and all the other extra stuff so we're all going to have different play times.

I hear Skyrim got done in a two and a half hour speed run but in an open world-er like that there'll be HUUUUUUUUUUGE amounts of stuff to do. I'm hoping Revelations will as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Steww-
10-19-2011, 03:36 PM
That would be a good amount of time for each memory.

I'd be interested to know how many memories the Ezio storyline has, excluding purely cinematic ones. Though I think in Brotherhood they were just to boost the total memory count to 72 xD

LightRey
10-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Steww-:
That would be a good amount of time for each memory.

I'd be interested to know how many memories the Ezio storyline has, excluding purely cinematic ones. Though I think in Brotherhood they were just to boost the total memory count to 72 xD
They did?
Why am I not surprised? xD