PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic campaign: why did my F-4 get downgraded to F-2?

gx-warspite
10-08-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm playing a dynamic campaign starting in 1941 as Germany in the center map. The original ride of my squad was a 109F-4, but after the move to the Smolensk map it's an F-2. This is my first time this far along in a campaign... is there any way to fix this? =/

gx-warspite
10-08-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm playing a dynamic campaign starting in 1941 as Germany in the center map. The original ride of my squad was a 109F-4, but after the move to the Smolensk map it's an F-2. This is my first time this far along in a campaign... is there any way to fix this? =/

fly_zo
10-09-2005, 12:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm playing a dynamic campaign starting in 1941 as Germany in the center map. The original ride of my squad was a 109F-4, but after the move to the Smolensk map it's an F-2. This is my first time this far along in a campaign </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,
When starting campaign You can select different planes for diferent period in campaign, did you do it?

-------------------------------
born to fly forced to work!

gx-warspite
10-09-2005, 12:32 AM
I don't *think* I got a choice to switch planes. I did choose the F-4 when I started the campaign, IIRC. Hard to remember, that was over a week ago!

Ankanor
10-09-2005, 02:27 AM
Judging from your words, you made a choice only for the first scenario, leaving the default for the rest of the war. You can make your choice for what you want to fly during the whole war. For example, I fly only FW190 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2005, 04:48 AM
Hi

Once you have selected your planes for the campaign & generated it, there to my knowledge is no way of changing them.
I know the 109F4/F2 issue you are talking about & it is the way the Luftwaffe fighter Center DGen campaign is structured.

To change/alter plane selection, You must do this before campaign generation. If you wish to have access to the 109F4 flyable in the campaign that you only can select the F2 do the following.

Open DGEN in the game program

Scroll down until you find planes data base
files (the lists of program files are alphabetical so its straightforward)

Find data base file DeC This file is luftwaffe fighter ops center

To open this file select notepad

Once you have done this you should have a list of campaigns & flyable planes associated
EG The Invasion Begins
BF_109F4
BF_109F2
& so on

Go to the campaign you want to fly the F4 in,I think it is Lvov
& insert the following
BF_109F4

then save the file & close out.

For more info on how to modify your list of flyables in DGEN go into community help threads & go into the thread USER FIXES THAT MAY HELP OTHERS & on page 3 there is a thread created by Utchoud, that is very specific & accurate on how to do this.

There is also a thread by UBIRAZZ in the general discussion thread "IF YOU DO NOTHING ELSE READ THIS. In this thread there is a section on campaign modifying

Hope this helps

ViktorViktor
10-09-2005, 05:07 AM
I'm currently playing an offline campaign as a F4U1-A pilot, using DCG (Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator add-on application). With DCG there exists an option, 'Downgrades', which causes your squadron planes to be replaced with the next lower model, if plane losses become excessive. So in my case, if my squadron loses too many Corsairs, they will be replaced with F4F Wildcats (I think, this has yet to happen to my squadron).

This 'downgrade' could be what happened to you.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2005, 07:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gx-warspite:
I don't *think* I got a choice to switch planes. I did choose the F-4 when I started the campaign, IIRC. Hard to remember, that was over a week ago! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To change your plane selection, do this before you click generate. Go to the default plane on the right hand side single or double click & a drop down box with other planes will appear

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2005, 07:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ViktorViktor:
I'm currently playing an offline campaign as a F4U1-A pilot, using DCG (Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator add-on application). With DCG there exists an option, 'Downgrades', which causes your squadron planes to be replaced with the next lower model, if plane losses become excessive. So in my case, if my squadron loses too many Corsairs, they will be replaced with F4F Wildcats (I think, this has yet to happen to my squadron).

This 'downgrade' could be what happened to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The above downgrade is a DCG option only & as far as I know does not occur in DGEN

gx-warspite
10-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Wait a tick, so planes don't even upgrade as the years go by? I'll be stuck in an F-4 even in 1945?

That's pretty weak =/

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2005, 10:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gx-warspite:
Wait a tick, so planes don't even upgrade as the years go by? I'll be stuck in an F-4 even in 1945?

That's pretty weak =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Thats in correct.
If you are playing german fighter campaign centre. Depending where you start as there are
"subcampaigns" eg You have selected luftwaffe fighter Center, with this you have the following subcampaigns

The invasion begins
Lvov
Moscow
Rhzev
Kursk
Smolensk
Lvov
Berlin

At the start of every subcampaign you have a selection of aircraft a default one & if you click on the default one a dropdown list of other selectable flyables will appear.
If you have started the german fighter campaign center from The invasion begins your default plane list will look something like this

Invasion begins 109F4
Lvov 109F2
Moscow 109F2 or 4 cant remember
Rhezv FW190A4
Kursk 190A5
Smolensk 109G6 Late 1943
Lvov cant remember (Good plane that!!)
Berlin FW190D9 1945

You cant change plane types once your campaign or subcampaign is in progress.
The only program you can do this with is Dymanic campaign builder DCG for short, & that is a "third party program" created by Paul Lowengrin