PDA

View Full Version : RS5 PC developers read this!

O_SHOGTUK_O
05-04-2006, 02:59 PM
I am sure there are various other features you will be implementing into the game that i will not like but trust me, Being able to take cover then get a third person perspective is not in any way real or 'rainbow six' (trust me).

Of course there has been no confirmation that this will be in the PC version but take a leaf out of GRIN's book. They knew third person was not a feature for someone who appreciates realism so it was not present in the PC version.

Your talking about 'locking down the game style of lockdown' but this does not include removing the specific features of lockdown and thinking you have changed it. Lockdown was a mentality in itself (arcadey). It is the mentality and style of lockdown you must get rid of. Honestly, you cannot possibly talk of realism and 'thinking mans shooter' if you are going to have a feature that lets a person see what a person could not possibly see in real life. Third person views in any shape or form are not realistic and do not belong in R6. And... the only time people use third person to an unfair advantage is when they are behind a wall so to be honest: if your going to implement third person behind cover, you might as well have it as the standard view all the time... In other words, do not have it at all. Thank you

O_SHOGTUK_O
05-04-2006, 02:59 PM
I am sure there are various other features you will be implementing into the game that i will not like but trust me, Being able to take cover then get a third person perspective is not in any way real or 'rainbow six' (trust me).

Of course there has been no confirmation that this will be in the PC version but take a leaf out of GRIN's book. They knew third person was not a feature for someone who appreciates realism so it was not present in the PC version.

Your talking about 'locking down the game style of lockdown' but this does not include removing the specific features of lockdown and thinking you have changed it. Lockdown was a mentality in itself (arcadey). It is the mentality and style of lockdown you must get rid of. Honestly, you cannot possibly talk of realism and 'thinking mans shooter' if you are going to have a feature that lets a person see what a person could not possibly see in real life. Third person views in any shape or form are not realistic and do not belong in R6. And... the only time people use third person to an unfair advantage is when they are behind a wall so to be honest: if your going to implement third person behind cover, you might as well have it as the standard view all the time... In other words, do not have it at all. Thank you

O_SHOGTUK_O
05-04-2006, 04:42 PM
P.S. Having the player in control of only one man/swuad leader is not a good thing. You make it sound sooo exciting 'give the player real immersion into leading a squad'... Bah...

All well and good if you give each person who buys this game two human UBI staff members each. Give me two people dedicated to 'my' game who i can mould into my own killers and force them to play when i feel like it! This is not the case however. When AI is capable of logical/tactical thought, then i will maybe enjoy being a commander but for now: let me move one man into a covering vantage point, change player, move him into a covering vantage point whilst being covered from behind by player 1 and so on and so forth. Alternatively, let me move one man one route, leave him in a safe position, move another man in another direction and so on and so forth. Freedom is the key to a good game, ask Rockstar Games and the Devs of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas!