PDA

View Full Version : OT : Silent_Otto You have to see this



Celeon999
03-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Look what the tensions in the german-u.s political relations have caused : http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif


http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/3814/hnlgba1y7px.jpg

vozzek6969
03-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Don't mistake tension with U.S. female driving habits. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Celeon999
03-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by vozzek6969:
Don't mistake tension with U.S. female driving habits. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But which one was driven by a woman ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif


I tend to say that the BMW has won. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Some "hull damage" like we sub simmers say but the Humvee is definitly out of action. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

A bit more speed and it would had flipped it upside down.


So dont mess with an bavarian automobile ! They eat Humvees for breakfast. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

The_Silent_O
03-16-2006, 10:39 AM
It looks like the U.S. (probably Texas).

Yep, Looks like the HMMWV won!

Looks like one was trying to get into the parking lot and one was trying to get out and it was too tight.

Looks like the soldier might have to go back to drivers training...You don't realize how wide the wheelbase is on HMMWV until you try to make a turn.

Celeon999
03-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Looks like you are on the safe side with you BMW Silent.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Whenever a HMMVW gets in your way...... You are the king of the road http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

The_Silent_O
03-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Celeon999:
Looks like you are on the safe side with you BMW Silent.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Whenever a HMMVW gets in your way...... You are the king of the road http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

...I just tap the accelerator pedal and I pass them in seconds...9000 miles now and every second is still a joy to drive. This car will not get old. Your nation has produced another winner with the E90 chassis BMW. I love the engine...it gets great gas milage on long drives.

Celeon999
03-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Ah yes the E-90. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/1359/800pxbmwseries3blackl2sc.jpg


BMW build an awesome concept car for the "Internationale Automobil Ausstellung".

An BMW 330 with an computer system that could drive the car on its own. Complete with laser ranger, thermal sight ,radar and satellite connection. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And i thought Knight Rider was sci-fi http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
K.I.T.T. lives ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif


The test car went totally unmanned via autobahn from Berlin to Hannover and back. In the normal traffic ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif


I believe Japan build something similar with an hydrogen engine. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

The_Silent_O
03-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Celeon999:
Ah yes the E-90. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


An BMW 330 with an computer system that could drive the car on its own. Complete with laser ranger, thermal sight ,radar and satellite connection. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


The test car went totally unmanned via autobahn from Berlin to Hannover and back. In the normal traffic ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif




...but where's the fun for the driver? I guess I could sleep...

...Nobody sleeps in my 330xi...I pull to many high-G turns and their heads hit the windows (depending on the turn and the side of the car they are on). I really need to install those 5 point and helmet restraints!

Celeon999
03-17-2006, 11:47 AM
The fun for the driver comes when he decides to let the car race through an radar trap while he hides on the backseat.

Imagine the face of the cops when they are looking at the photo and they see no driver. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

The_Silent_O
03-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Celeon999:
The fun for the driver comes when he decides to let the car race through an radar trap while he hides on the backseat.

Imagine the face of the cops when they are looking at the photo and they see no driver. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif The_Silent_O once had his "picture taken" on a Bundesstrasse south of Schweinfurt...while driving his girlfriend's Madza RX-7. I was a gentleman and made sure it was me who had to pay the fine and take the credits. Too bad, it was one of my best photos! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I also had to correct my soldiers when they got tickets, the Polizei mailed them to me as their company commander...

Kaleun1961
03-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Ok, take it easy on me as I ask this totally ignorant question: Are these BMW's rear drive or front wheel drive? I'll be looking for a new car next year and I would like to get back into driving rear wheel drive again. So far I am eyeballing the new Dodge Charger, Cadillac CTS, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum. My wife's friend's husband sells BMW's, so maybe we could be persuaded to go the Bimmer route. Just one thought is scaring me right now, no matter which car I get, my now 14 year old daughter will be learning to drive on it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

The_Silent_O
03-17-2006, 04:37 PM
K1961,

BMW sells a variety of drive train options. For example for the series I purchased:

325i -- 215hp -- RWD
325xi -- 215hp -- AWD *
330i -- 255hp -- RWD
330xi -- 255hp -- AWD *

* - Because BMW wanted to retain the drivers feel to their AWD vehicles they only put 35% power to the front and 65% to the rear in normal conditions. When it needs it, it will transfer more power to the front. It still feels like a RWD hot rod, but the front tires are grippy and will straighten out the car when needed.

BMWs also come with Dynamic Traction Control and Dynamic Stability Control. But you can turn these features off when you want to get "Loose"

I got the 330xi. You should ask your friend for an extended test drive...but i warn you...you'll want to get one when you are done!

It took me a year to decide...It was down to Volkswagon Passat, Audi A4 or the BMW...BMW won due to the new Chassis and better driving.

Celeon999
03-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Well the daughter learning to drive is a thing every father of a daughter has to go through in his life Kaleun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

A son would be a different thing. You would only have to worry about him.

But with a daughter....... you will have to worry about her AND your car. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif


Maybe Celeon gets some promo money from BMW so he posts some pics to make Kaleuns mouth wet. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I believe this here is the "all extra´s" version including I-drive, leather and mahagoni that could be...... quite expensive if you know what i mean http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1839/bmw36sg.jpg
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6863/bmw28vy.jpg



Or what about this one ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif


http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5313/bundeswehrtrabi4jy.jpg



Or this vehicle in the "Angela Merkel edition" ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/2320/merkelrache1oc.jpg

blue_76
03-18-2006, 07:53 PM
have u seen the latest commercials for VW?
'german engineering in da house!' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

pimp my ride (http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/22/vw-strikes-again-un-pimp-my-ride-videos/)

AO1_AW_SW_USN
03-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by blue_76:
have u seen the latest commercials for VW?
'german engineering in da house!' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

pimp my ride (http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/22/vw-strikes-again-un-pimp-my-ride-videos/)

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Great link!

I don't watch television much these days, but man... that was great.

I am so sick of seeing these "Rice Rockets" here in the US ever since the movie "Fast & Furious" hit the theaters. Watching the stereotypical "Techo-European" Germans "Unpimping" rides leaves me jealous. Why didn't Chevrolet or Ford come up with this commercial? Oh, yeah... it's because they're too busy attempting to engineer a fuel-efficient engine.

The_Silent_O
03-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by blue_76:
have u seen the latest commercials for VW?
'german engineering in da house!' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

pimp my ride (http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/22/vw-strikes-again-un-pimp-my-ride-videos/)

More amazing than the commercials (and they are great!) is that they got a semi-famous actor, Peter Stomare to do the lead role.

He was the woodchopper in 'Fargo'
and was Satan in 'Constantine'

He's a great actor and is actually from Sweden.

The_Silent_O
03-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Celeon999:
Well the daughter learning to drive is a thing every father of a daughter has to go through in his life Kaleun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

A son would be a different thing. You would only have to worry about him.

But with a daughter....... you will have to worry about her AND your car. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif


Maybe Celeon gets some promo money from BMW so he posts some pics to make Kaleuns mouth wet. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I believe this here is the "all extra´s" version including I-drive, leather and mahagoni that could be...... quite expensive if you know what i mean http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1839/bmw36sg.jpg
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6863/bmw28vy.jpg


That's my car (minus the I-Drive and I have the Standard Transmission, who wouldn't want that in a BWM http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif), but mine is all wheel drive. I Luff it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

exact same interior.

Celeon999
03-19-2006, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by blue_76:
have u seen the latest commercials for VW?
'german engineering in da house!' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

pimp my ride (http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/22/vw-strikes-again-un-pimp-my-ride-videos/)


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I didnt know those i guess they are made for the oversee markets only. But they are great http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

But VW has also an funny commercial here in europe these days. I dont know where to find it on the net.

Maybe someone knows where ?

Im talking about that commercial with frog and the œber-fly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Celeon999
03-19-2006, 05:05 AM
Heh ive found it !

Use the link and click on the download button to start the stream.

œber-fly (http://www.cartoonland.de/archiv/frosch-vs-fliege/)


Celeon says "V-dub in za haus " http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif