PDA

View Full Version : Bombing question

F10_Chainsaw
04-27-2005, 04:29 AM
Hiya.... just started out bombing level bombing with HE111.... and I got a question of wich I cant find any answers...

In the sight You need to adjust altitude rigth down to exakt 10m differens...

so I started to think about the targets height over ocean... Beause when U star from your base the altitude meter shows maybe that your are 30m above the ground when You are standing still, so that must mean that the base is 30meters above sea level. So It is the same for the target? that I need to take away 30m on the altitude setting in the sight? and how do I found out the targets Height above sea level when it differ to the bases?

Any help apreciated

F10_Chainsaw

F10_Chainsaw
04-27-2005, 04:29 AM
Hiya.... just started out bombing level bombing with HE111.... and I got a question of wich I cant find any answers...

In the sight You need to adjust altitude rigth down to exakt 10m differens...

so I started to think about the targets height over ocean... Beause when U star from your base the altitude meter shows maybe that your are 30m above the ground when You are standing still, so that must mean that the base is 30meters above sea level. So It is the same for the target? that I need to take away 30m on the altitude setting in the sight? and how do I found out the targets Height above sea level when it differ to the bases?

Any help apreciated

F10_Chainsaw

WWSensei
04-27-2005, 05:35 AM
Yes, you need to account for target altitude. Best way to know? Create your own mission in the same target area, don't put any opposition, fly to the target area, land, note the altitude.

JG53Frankyboy
04-27-2005, 05:38 AM
hey, you dont use smart bombs. in WW2 the most bombs didnt hit their target http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

estimate a bit, its a think of experience where to aim.