PDA

View Full Version : Video Option request

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 01:29 PM
I was fiddling with my video options today, and came to the idea that we need 2 seperate 'Visibility Distance' settings.

One for ground visibility distance,

and ofcourse...

One for air visibility distance.

(I want to set the air visibility much higher than the ground, because ground visibility is a *VERY BIG*¨fps hitter. But if I turn visibility to a minimum, then I have difficulties following bogeys and bandits (there is even a visual bug if you put visibility distance to minimum; if you shoot for example an enemy plane one wing off, and it tumbles to the ground, sometimes you will see the wing magicly being 'drawn' on the plane again, then not, then back again. very weird); so, in conclusion,

please Oleg, consider giving us 2 visibility distance options, 1 for ground and 1 for air.

That would rock solid! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

any comments?

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 01:29 PM
I was fiddling with my video options today, and came to the idea that we need 2 seperate 'Visibility Distance' settings.

One for ground visibility distance,

and ofcourse...

One for air visibility distance.

(I want to set the air visibility much higher than the ground, because ground visibility is a *VERY BIG*¨fps hitter. But if I turn visibility to a minimum, then I have difficulties following bogeys and bandits (there is even a visual bug if you put visibility distance to minimum; if you shoot for example an enemy plane one wing off, and it tumbles to the ground, sometimes you will see the wing magicly being 'drawn' on the plane again, then not, then back again. very weird); so, in conclusion,

please Oleg, consider giving us 2 visibility distance options, 1 for ground and 1 for air.

That would rock solid! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

any comments?

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 07:47 PM
bump? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 03:38 AM
Good idea!

But I'd use it to increase terrain distance because I want to see the horizon higher up.

But still, it should be a welcome option.

Now how about separate perfect land/perfect water?