PDA

View Full Version : spoiler why did't you at the end

ljd184
02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
spoiler

ok why did't you at the end tell the Templars whats going to happen with the solar flares

nightcobra
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
telling them the info that they've been obsessed with and would go to any lenghts to get it at that moment would pretty much make desmond's life obsolete for vidic and the templars allowing the use of deadly force. if i were desmond i'd wait until we were in a better bargaining position.

ljd184
02-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by shadow8928:
telling them the info that they've been obsessed with and would go to any lenghts to get it at that moment would pretty much make desmond's life obsolete for vidic and the templars allowing the use of deadly force. if i were desmond i'd wait until we were in a better bargaining position.
i don't think they need a better bargaining position since the templars want to rule the earth and they can't do that when they are dead

TooLazy4Name
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ljd184:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shadow8928:
i don't think they need a better bargaining position since the templars want to rule the earth and they can't do that when they are dead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you'd rather tell them that right there so they can, oh i dont know, SHOOT them?

Not very smart.

Lazybeans
02-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Don't the Templars know that stuff's going down on December 21st anyway? One of the glyph puzzles had a letter from a Templar saying that "we had them plant fake hominid fossils ... because the truth sickens [him]." (Or I think it's from a Templar, anyway.)

But yeah, I think they know that something's gonna happen...they just may not have as much information as the Assassins have which may be advantageous for them.

mojsarn
02-02-2010, 12:56 AM
I dont see why telling them that the earth is going to hell is going to give them the advantage, maybe if they want to save the world without having templars on their back.
And I think that the templars know the truth, according to the letters, but i dont think they know everything about "Those who came before". Maybe not how they dissappeared.

Koemidvm
02-02-2010, 08:20 PM
I was thinking about that back then, but I guess it all comes down to what each of them stand for: Assassins are "safe-guarding" human's freewill, and Templars seek ways to unite mankind by brainwashing them. Keep that in mind for a while.

Now imagine what would happen if they unite to deal with this sun-eat-earth scenario, and now Earth's saved with the aids of those temples (mentioned by Minerva) and probably the rest of the Pieces of Eden - what will the Templars do with all those power?

Just like Lucy pointed out early on, Templars are much more powerful, well-funded and more in numbers than Assassins. At that point, the Templars most likely just gonna slay every single one Assassins and use that power to achieve their goal.

so nah. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif ain't gonna say a word.

PlagueDoctor357
02-03-2010, 11:36 AM
The 21st is the date that abstergo plans to send an apple of eden into space to control the world.

TheDarkKnigg1
02-03-2010, 09:13 PM
It would be interesting if towards the end of AC 3 both the Assassins and Templars united and worked together to save the Earth from the solar flare/geomagnetic reversal etc.. Since the Assassin's have more information they know where/how all the stuff is happening and the Templar's have all the money they can help get the equipment and things. Maybe after the save th Earth they could have a duel to the death. It would be a good conclusion to end the extremely long feud between them. In my opinion it would be good, even if Desmond and Vidic both die.

Off Topic (sort of)

I don't know if you guys know this or not but we (real life) are actually due for a geomagnetic reversal in 2012, those are real things lol. Some evidence is that the magnetic field is getting weaker and that's why more sun rays are reaching the Earth's crust and heating up its core. Then the crust will starting spazzing out to let out the heat and pressure, hence we all get swallowed by the Earth. kind of. If it does happen i hope some Assassins called Desmond saves us.

Captain Tomatoz
02-04-2010, 12:54 AM
minerva said to 'guard against the cross'. She tells them to fight against the templars so why would they tell them that the world is going to end.