PDA

View Full Version : Why to model cockpit for AI planes only?

WildeSau
11-07-2004, 02:02 PM
I have read that Oleg (or a third party modeller) is going to model the Tempest Mk V as an AI plane. They said it takes still some time since the gone have to finish the cockpit. Why do you have to create a cockpit for an AI only plane? Does this means that it will become flyable one day? If yes, why not finish it first as AI only without detailing the cockpit and then working on the cockpit?

Snootles
11-07-2004, 02:03 PM
They mean that until the cockpit is done, it will be AI only. When the cockpit is done they will put the cockpit in the game.

VW-IceFire
11-07-2004, 02:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WildeSau:
I have read that Oleg (or a third party modeller) is going to model the Tempest Mk V as an AI plane. They said it takes still some time since the gone have to finish the cockpit. Why do you have to create a cockpit for an AI only plane? Does this means that it will become flyable one day? If yes, why not finish it first as AI only without detailing the cockpit and then working on the cockpit? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is part of the process. The external has been submitted and the modeler (a third party guy who is a fantastic fellow!) is working on finishing off the details in the cockpit. Something along the lines of making sure all the needles are where they need to be and getting the details correct.

So it'll be AI in the first release and I'm REALLY hoping that it will be flyable in a future patch. It'll be simply superb when it is!

WildeSau
11-07-2004, 02:13 PM
great - so we gone get the Tempest as AI within the next add on which is released within the next two weeks anyway and the flyable one sometime later? Would be too cool.

Did the Tempest fly in the Pacific theater at all?