PDA

View Full Version : Stun Range

PhoxDevil
12-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Does anyone else besides me think the stun range should be lowered a bit?

gothpunkboy89
12-29-2011, 08:43 PM
no

Chronomaancy
12-29-2011, 08:46 PM
If this was the beta I would of said yes, but since we are a few months into release I got used to it so it's a no.

PhoxDevil
12-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Chronomaancy:
If this was the beta I would of said yes, but since we are a few months into release I got used to it so it's a no. Changing your answer just because it's been in the game for a while without change doesn't really make sense but alright, understandable haha.

Chronomaancy
12-29-2011, 08:54 PM
It does make sense as I got used to it.

It's like driving a car, it's challenging at first but after 2-3 weeks you get the hang of it and it becomes easy.

PhoxDevil
12-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Chronomaancy:
It does make sense as I got used to it.

It's like driving a car, it's challenging at first but after 2-3 weeks you get the hang of it and it becomes easy. Hmm, yeah that's true. I just saw a thread about it a while ago and noticed that the stun range did seem a tad bit long. Maybe it's just me.

gothpunkboy89
12-29-2011, 08:58 PM
i really don't get why anyone still complains about stun range. There is no issue with it.

Now stun prompt that is another story. But range is nothing

PhoxDevil
12-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by gothpunkboy89:
i really don't get why anyone still complains about stun range. There is no issue with it.

Now stun prompt that is another story. But range is nothing Hmm, why do you think that? I agree but I'm just curious.

Chronomaancy
12-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Well when that stun prompt appears doesn't that have something to do with that actual stun range?

gothpunkboy89
12-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by PhoxDevil:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gothpunkboy89:

Now stun prompt that is another story. But range is nothing Hmm, why do you think that? I agree but I'm just curious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree with what part?

That range is fine. Or that the stun prompt needs a look at.

The range is fine. Without the range contested kills become all but impossible. Even with lag if the kill range is farther it would be impossible to contest a kill. So even if you say an obvious person you would be unable to contest their kill.

Also if a smoke can catch someone it makes no sense why as soon as they are caught in a smoke why you have to move forward to stun them. If a smoke can catch them then you should be able to instantly stun them. Makes no sense why you can catch someone at the edge of smoke and kill them but if you do the same thing on defensive end you can't stun them.

The prompt should be moved back just slightly. While it can be worked around and isn't a big game changer it is annoying if say in Wanted my target catches another person in a smoke can stuns them. Then normally they wouldn't see me they walk and just see my stun prompt and get me even though they never would have seen me.

Chaotic_Infinity
12-29-2011, 09:16 PM
I still think it's annoying how you can get stunned through your own smoke bomb now.

najzere
12-29-2011, 10:26 PM
The range sucks. I'm pretty sick of getting stunned even though I'm mashing the kill button on my locked target because he's running up from behind. I seems like the range extends out farther in front than behind. So when I spawn my contract and he's right in front of me and I keep walking to build up meter and he comes running up to check me since there's no penalty for stunning NPCs, I get stunned even though I have him locked and have the camera facing him.

I really don't understand why Ubisoft thought it was a good idea to shift the focus of the game from acquiring and taking out targets to actively searching out and stunning pursuers. It's a super-boring way to play, in my opinion.

SaintlPatrick
12-30-2011, 12:34 AM
The stun range now is the same as the kill range, which I think is best.

I agree with gothpunkboy89 about the prompt, though I think it should be taken out altogether rather than showing up later. Or at the very least not show up when the pursuer is eligible for a hidden bonus.

Ripe Claw
12-30-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't have issue with the range either, but I do have an issue with the prompt.

I can't tell you how many times I have snuck into a blend group without being noticed and 3/4 the way through a focus my target just happens to rotate their camera and see the big fat B above my head and stun me.

If they had notioced me approach and knew it was me the whole time they wouldn't have waited 2.5 seconds to stun me.

I'd rather the prompt not be there at all.

Lewbiedoo
12-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Well I voted 'yes a little', as a gut reaction but reading through a few replies I realise that I'm actually used to it now, leave well enough alone maybe.

The stun prompt thing is a bit of a love/hate.

I hate it when I'm trying to be sneaky.

I love it when I'm the target. :P

Keden
12-30-2011, 01:40 AM
I'd say the range is fine as it is, which also seems the general consensus.

The stun prompt... Well yes it's annoying, though quite frankly the only thing I've noticed is getting loads of contested kills. Rarely do I ever get stunned. (I'm just pro. *Coughs* No, I've noticed it when stunning people myself.) - The prompt can be tricky and perhaps a little too beneficial to defenders, which makes playing the defensive game all that more attractive.

What I would perhaps offer as a suggestion is to decrease the range of the actual stun prompt, but make it more accurate. One of my biggest annoyances is stunning random NPCs when my pursuer is in high profile not five feet away, but simply slacking; the fail at targeting, even when the stun prompt is up, is just ridiculous at times. I'd gladly trade some range for accuracy.

WLP Adoniis
12-30-2011, 02:38 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif it wasn't hard to stun in ACB .ACR-stun range was made for NOOBS . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif . they need to reduce it a little . like c'mon now you need offensive smoke every time you want to use poison .by the way im not saying this because I get stunned all the time , trust me I don't . IS NOT challenging anymore .stuns are too easy.

renowa
12-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Nope. Stun range should not be lowered. Currently it's the same range as the kill range, letting you have a chance to stun or get an honorable death instead of being killed outright without any fight. In short it helps the target counter the pursuer a little.

WLP Adoniis
12-30-2011, 02:46 AM
we aren't asking ubi to remove the honorable death ,just to reduce the stun range a little bit . @renowa "a chance" really dude ? now WE have SMOKE BOMB OF 4 SECS . you can use mute n smoke while kill or stun animations . you want more ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

<STRIKE>THE AERIAL ASSASSINO </STRIKE>

XxKillaChaosxX
12-30-2011, 02:50 AM
The stun button appearance in ACB was perfect. They need to change it back to that. Atleast make it so you can get closer before it appears the higher your approach meter is, with incog working like it did ACB.

Tatterz
12-30-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm alright with the RANGE but I think the Prompt should appear where it was in ACB.

Frankly, Focus is only really achievable by roofing (roof incentive) and smoke, neither of which are stealthy. You could get a blend group focus but any wise player will shift their camera at the sound of whispers. At that point the big B above your head leaves you exposed..a little mini Templar Vision..

Sukramo
12-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Its not the actual range that bother me the most, its the way you can stun repeatadly after stunning an NPC.

There NEEDS to be a like 5 second time that you CANT stun someone else if you just stunned an NPC.

metalgearso1971
12-30-2011, 03:22 AM
Removal of the stun prompt would make the game more challenging, but I think the way the stun prompt is now was done for a purpose.

I could be wrong of course and if I am feel free to correct me, but since you can now stun NPCs maybe they decided to change the stun prompt so it will show your pursuer sooner? After all some people may find it harder to stun their pursuers because you can now stun everybody, and the new stun prompt could be set up the way it is now to compensate for that. Whether this is true or not I don't know of course, it's just a thought.

Also, why a 5 second delay? With the current problems with stuns (i.e. locking on your pursuer and still stunning the wrong guy), wouldn't that be really unfair because you did lock the right guy but stunned the wrong one? Also, a delay would give the pursuers quite an unfair advantage like they always had in ACB. No thank you.

I agree something needs to be changed but only in the sense that it makes the game more challenging and allows pursuers to actually get their stealthy kills without giving them away too soon.

Sukramo
12-30-2011, 03:58 AM
Ever time i see someone smapping stun and getting a contested kill after stunning 2 civilians my heart dies abit more.

5 sec seems reasonable a fix, the current system is just dumb.

obliviondoll
12-30-2011, 05:18 AM
I still say what I always say, and have been saying since the beta.

Cut stun range. Cut stun prompt range. DON'T cut contested kill range.

behrskins
12-30-2011, 09:51 AM
I wish I was in on this extended stun range. I guessing my issue is lag, along with all the other problems I have with the game. For me, I haven't noticed an extended stun range and have a very difficult time even getting a honorable death.

ultra riku
12-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Stun range is fine tbh. I find it rare for me to get stunned. Why? Because I always make sure I know my target before going in. I feel that if you get stunned and then you were blatent with your approach or you were not quich enough to capitalise on getting a contested kill and let's not forget lag http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

gothpunkboy89
12-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:

No.

I agree with the prompt range. But if you eliminate the prompt the only issue with the stun range is eliminated. The prompt is the only thing that gives you away when they normally wouldn't have seen you.

behrskins
12-30-2011, 04:31 PM
I would prefer that the stun prompt went away. If you are hidden in a moving group or just walking in a group, it gives you away when you didn't do anything to tip off your target. Ubi says they want you to more stealthy but then punish you with a stun prompt if you haven't given yourself away.

If you are locked on to your pursuer then I'm all for the prompt appearing, but not when you've been stealthy.

Collinwood01
12-30-2011, 04:49 PM
I wish I had the problems you all are having. If I get lucky enough to see a stun prompt, more than likely, its to late and Im dead. I have to start spamming the stun button most of the time before the prompt appears to get an honorable death. Same with the kill prompt for that matter. The kill prompt comes up over my target and, lock or no lock, Ill kill a civilian. Its a pain in the (add obscene words here)!

UrbanSaint
12-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I would say cut the range of the prompt and penalize somehow for stunning NPC's. With the way the stun range is now, it makes it very difficult to get a uncontested kill or Poison against decent players without using OSB, so I would say maybe cut it down just a tiny bit.

I heard somewhere that the stun range is actually a bit FURTHER than normal if you lock onto your pursuer. I don't know if thats a rumor or not, but if its true than I would like that to remain unchanged

xCr0wnedNorris
12-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by metalgearso1971:
Also, a delay would give the pursuers quite an unfair advantage like they always had in ACB. No thank you.
Pursuers do have an advantage, but it definitely isn't unfair. The game works off of a predator vs. prey system, and I'm not sure if you know this, but the predator always has the advantage, that's why they're the predator.

WLP Adoniis
12-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Pursuers do have an advantage, but it definitely isn't unfair. The game works off of a predator vs. prey system, and I'm not sure if you know this, but the predator always has the advantage, that's why they're the predator.

AGREE 100% http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif .IMO ubisoft should only reduceTHE STUN RANGE A LITTLE because stuns have the same range of a kill r ,and is almost impossible to use poison without smoke bomb .. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

obliviondoll
12-31-2011, 02:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

No.

I agree with the prompt range. But if you eliminate the prompt the only issue with the stun range is eliminated. The prompt is the only thing that gives you away when they normally wouldn't have seen you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The reason I want stun range shortened is for lag compensation.

If you've got 2 players mashing the appropriate buttons, it should ALWAYS result in a contested kill. If Contested Kill trigger range is slightly greater than kill range, but stun range is shorter, THAT WILL HAPPEN. With the game's current state, lag WILL result in frequent undeserved stuns or kills that should be contested but aren't.

gothpunkboy89
12-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gothpunkboy89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

No.

I agree with the prompt range. But if you eliminate the prompt the only issue with the stun range is eliminated. The prompt is the only thing that gives you away when they normally wouldn't have seen you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The reason I want stun range shortened is for lag compensation.

If you've got 2 players mashing the appropriate buttons, it should ALWAYS result in a contested kill. If Contested Kill trigger range is slightly greater than kill range, but stun range is shorter, THAT WILL HAPPEN. With the game's current state, lag WILL result in frequent undeserved stuns or kills that should be contested but aren't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now i can't speak for many people but I really don't have that issue with undeserved stuns or kills that shouldn't be contested. I do have the occasionally glitch were they dodge my kill or dodge my stun when they shouldn't never have been able to. But that is about as far as it goes and that is far and few in between. Annoying as hell when it happens but is a small occurrence.

And when you take throw able abilities into the mix and the ability that cuts the time you are effected by abilities in half into the mix you have to have the stun and kill the same range.

GameRenegade
12-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Defense = op, I think stun range should be put down a little bc defense has their abilities every death after dying a few times with boost cooldowns (they basically have abilities all the time since you can combine overall cooldowns and reduce cooldowns even more by crafting) which means people on offense tend to be the ones that are hunted and it should be the other way around. Plus if they don't have abilities they can just commit suicide and contest someone's awesome kill and reduce it to 250 points and also get their abilities back after dying (ik bc I do this all the time, I get WAY more points on defense than offense and I think it's a little unfair). Put the stun range down a little (just a little). Defense is too powerful, there needs to be balance (that or offense can have a tiny bit more of an advantage)

WLP Adoniis
12-31-2011, 06:46 PM
I AGREE W. U RENEGADE .http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<STRIKE>THE AERIAL ASSASSINO </STRIKE>

gothpunkboy89
12-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by GameRenegade:
Defense = op, I think stun range should be put down a little bc defense has their abilities every death after dying a few times with boost cooldowns (they basically have abilities all the time since you can combine overall cooldowns and reduce cooldowns even more by crafting) which means people on offense tend to be the ones that are hunted and it should be the other way around. Plus if they don't have abilities they can just commit suicide and contest someone's awesome kill and reduce it to 250 points and also get their abilities back after dying (ik bc I do this all the time, I get WAY more points on defense than offense and I think it's a little unfair). Put the stun range down a little (just a little). Defense is too powerful, there needs to be balance (that or offense can have a tiny bit more of an advantage)

And yet offense has a x2 loss streak that when used right can give at least 2k points in 1 kill.

And lets not forget the ability that reduces the time you are effected by abilities or that you remain stunned.

Or the perk that only reduces your streak loss by 1 instead of resetting it allowing you to potentially keep a streak going near indefinitely on the offensive end, Because even if you get stunned once you just need 1 more kill to start your streak again which adds what is the minimum 250 points to each kill.

So even a contested kill becomes what 500 points. 250 for contested kill and 250 for streak bonus.

I find massive holes in your logic there buddy.

I will give you that if you get say 3 stuns in one life your cool down rest should stop working. It worked that way in Beta but seems to not work that way in the game. I'm not sure i need someone to test this out with to be sure. though.

Def is only OP if you are stupid enough to walk right at the person like an idiot.

GameRenegade
12-31-2011, 09:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GameRenegade:

And yet offense has a x2 loss streak that when used right can give at least 2k points in 1 kill.

And lets not forget the ability that reduces the time you are effected by abilities or that you remain stunned.

Or the perk that only reduces your streak loss by 1 instead of resetting it allowing you to potentially keep a streak going near indefinitely on the offensive end, Because even if you get stunned once you just need 1 more kill to start your streak again which adds what is the minimum 250 points to each kill.

So even a contested kill becomes what 500 points. 250 for contested kill and 250 for streak bonus.

I will give you that if you get say 3 stuns in one life your cool down rest should stop working. It worked that way in Beta but seems to not work that way in the game. I'm not sure i need someone to test this out with to be sure. though.

Def is only OP if you are stupid enough to walk right at the person like an idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yet defense has a x2 loss streak which can also help your stuns to a high amount of points (if you get any of the varieties, streaks, etc.)

And lets not forget the ability that reduces the time you are affected by abilities (works on defense also)

Or the perk that only reduces your streak loss by 1 (whoa shocker this works with defense also [ex. 250 silent streak which requires 3 stuns, let's say I die so now I need two stuns so I get them = easy points :P] unless they've fixed it which I'm sure they haven't)

I find massive holes in your logic there buddy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Defense = op if you know how to use abilities and stun which I'm sure alot of people know how to do

Oh btw "Happy New years" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gothpunkboy89
12-31-2011, 11:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GameRenegade:

Def is only OP if you are stupid enough to walk right at the person like an idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yet defense has a x2 loss streak which can also help your stuns to a high amount of points (if you get any of the varieties, streaks, etc.)

And lets not forget the ability that reduces the time you are affected by abilities (works on defense also)

Or the perk that only reduces your streak loss by 1 (whoa shocker this works with defense also [ex. 250 silent streak which requires 3 stuns, let's say I die so now I need two stuns so I get them = easy points :P] unless they've fixed it which I'm sure they haven't)

I find massive holes in your logic there buddy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Defense = op if you know how to use abilities and stun which I'm sure alot of people know how to do

Oh btw "Happy New years" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. never ever ever ever ever ever had my x2 bonus work towards a stun. Unless you got video proof of that i call BS on you. I play wanted a heck of a lot. And I admit to getting x2 a lot. And It never activates when i stun someone. Only when i go for a kill. And even if it did it would be stupid to waste that slot with a death streak that would only activate 1 time and at best boost your stun to 400 points then have the rest death streak that could let you get 3 or even 4 stuns in 1 life. Be killed and re spawn with your abilities already cooled down.

2. Yes it works on defense but when you add the 5 of any type of kills you still get the bonus applied to even a contested kill. Last time I checked the stun streak bonus does not activate when you get an Honorable death bonus. So the attacker still gets an extra +250 even if his kill is contested because the smoke holding his target wore off faster.

3. I find that unlikely but even if it does on it's own a discreet kill is still worth more then a stun.

Discreet: 250

Stun: 200

At the end of the fight the Hunter still comes out with a +100 point lead over the hunted. Were it to be a contested kill the hunted would get 100 points and the hunter would gain 500. Last time I checked 500 was more then 100.

That is just assuming they will be pulling a basic discreet or Contested kill. A silent kill is 350 points. 150 more points then a stun so the bonus applied to that adds up to 600 points for a kill. And for an Incognito which is 450 you are looking at 700 points for a kill.

Lets just take a silent, LL poison kill which is mostly the standard of them. silent gives them 350 and the poison gives them 300. Then add the streak bonus to it for another 250 points. You are looking at a total of 900 points for a single kill.

a stun with a streak bonus will not equal that single point gain. Maxing out at 450 points for a stun. That is still a +450 point bonus to the attacker

BS on that one as well.

The Def is only OP if you bother to play like ACB were the attack had all the power and the defense had nothing unless they had some ability like smoke or mute available. Face it in ACB the attack had all the power and defense really didn't have any hopes of fighting back. They changed that now so the Defense has the ability to fight back. I really can't count the number of BS deaths I got in ACB were I was left alone without my abilities and I saw my hunter being an obvious idiot and there was nothing I could do. Now If I'm in that set up and my hunter is being an obvious idiot I can at least attempt to defend myself and at the very least spoil his silent/incognito kill for him.

GameRenegade
12-31-2011, 11:11 PM
You basically just said defense is op literally and did you forget about stun locking in ACB?

gothpunkboy89
12-31-2011, 11:19 PM
You basically just said defense is op literally and did you forget about stun locking in ACB?

I'm sorry where in my list of ways the Offensive team can easily out score the defensive team did I show that defense is OP?

Was when I pointed out that a silent+ LL poison + kill streak can give you 900 points in 1 kill.

Or when I call bull **** on you saying the x2 bonus activates on stuns.

It is funny you say I just proved that def is OP yet you fail to actually quote any facts to back up this statement. Strange.

Yes ACB had stun locking. We are not talking about ACB though are we. This is ACR we are talking about. ACR did what ACB failed to do. Legitimized stun locking. No more i get stunned by your team mate and you walk up and stun me again before I can even react. You try that now and I drop a smoke bomb and stab you in the face for a 450 point Incognito kill.

Were is your proof?

All they did in ACR was make it slightly more even fight. The Offense still has all the advantages and can gain more points per kill then defensive can get in stuns. They fixed it so now idiots that think that being 'stealthy" is running to within 10 feet of you. Then walking into a blend group for 3 seconds then fast walk right at you can no longer get the high point kill that they so greatly do not deserve.

GameRenegade
12-31-2011, 11:26 PM
And come to think of it we are arguing about possible situations when the truth of the matter is that the majority of players on AC:R are noobs and the majority of people get more points on defense than on offense. I was basing things like x2 streak, etc. on the descriptions bc I honestly haven't tried them on ACR (btw why waste all of your time trying to get x2 score when it can easily be contested?) I myself always get more points on defense than offense. That's me. I believe defense is OP based on everything I've experienced. i get way more points on defense than on offense and alot of people feel the same. A simple thread about stun range has turned into an offense vs defense argument bc YOU decided to bash on MY opinion. I got mad but then i realized that arguing is stupid. Maybe you should get over it too and I'm pretty sure I'm a better more experienced player than you and I have the stats to prove it so my opinion kind of matters and should be respected (a little I hope). Goodnight sir.

GameRenegade
12-31-2011, 11:28 PM
"The Def is only OP if" blah blah blah Here's my proof.
And you can still "stun lock" by using abilities to keep you down. Js
And you seem to forget my boost cooldowns argument where defense basically has their abilities all the time

gothpunkboy89
12-31-2011, 11:44 PM
So you have no proof?

The only reason Def seems to get more points is because when you blend epsically as a team you can get up to 60 point every few seconds. That is the main source of the points on the Defensive end. Don't believe me. get a team together and play MH. When you get a group of people that are at least semi comment (since the game set up will never allow team to go against another full team) Play one round were you blend in together. Then if they stick around the next round

DO NOT HIDE AT ALL.

Compare the scores and then talk to me.

Stun range, contested kills none of that matters as long as the people dont' die and blend as groups.

your argument is based on as if only 1 team gets a defensive round. You might gain more points on defense but that will be the same for the other team on their defensive round. And again the biggest points come from blending as groups. What is it every 3 seconds you get points. And they go as what

solo: 10 points
2: 20-25
3: 40
4: 60

Each of those being gained every 3 seconds adds up and quickly.

And this does have everything to do with stun range. With the wider stun range we are able to defend ourselves better on the defensive end. Thus leading to higher scores. we are no longer just sitting ducks that can't even properly defend ourselves anymore. Which is a good thing. Def is not OP and the stun range is fine. It allows us to actually defend ourselves against people that should not get a high point kill.

I was not bashing. I was calling foul on your statements that were false. Yes you can gain large amount of points on defensive end. But only if you play against players that aren't that good. You ever gone up against a good team? With people that know what they are doing I can tell you this with as OP as you say defense is and even with all the "bad" stun additions they still beat the heck out of my group like we were not even there.

Maybe if you played against a good team you would see what I'm talking about as they beat on you in the offensive end then just screw with you while they are on the defensive end. Despite all the "evil" new sun additions to the game supposedly makes it OP

GameRenegade
12-31-2011, 11:47 PM
I have gone against good teams and did you seriously say you get more points by BLENDING? Wow

Sorry for that argument guys, continue posting your opinions on whether stun range should be changed. I myself think it needs to be changed a little. Kk

obliviondoll
01-01-2012, 12:09 AM
In ACB, I typically get more points on defense than offense because of my offense playstyle being mostly support-focused, but I know plenty of players who are the other way around.

Sounds to me like you're both saying, "I'm better at this so it's OP" and ignoring the fact that BOTH sides are BALANCED. Differently to how they're balanced in ACB, but still balanced.

Also, GameRenegade... might want to look in the bottom right corner of your posts for the "edit" button. Multi-posting is considered spam or bumping on these forums, and is against the rules. Just so you know.

EDIT: This is an edit. It's the middle of the three icons in the bottom right corner of your post. The one with an eraser over a folder.

GameRenegade
01-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Yeah I realized that, I'll fix it
Fixed it
Didn't mean to
Sorry lol
EDIT: I'm usually even tempered but for some reason I got really ticked off and fueled the argument when I shouldn't have

PlasticAssasin8
01-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by behrskins:
I wish I was in on this extended stun range. I guessing my issue is lag, along with all the other problems I have with the game. For me, I haven't noticed an extended stun range and have a very difficult time even getting a honorable death.

me too sometimes, but i was watching one of my videos the other day and the actual "B" popped up for a split second at double the range. Ive hit it a few times and you litteraly slide across to them.

sometimes works sometimes doesnt

PhoxDevil
01-01-2012, 12:41 AM
My logic on it is if you are hiding well enough you shouldn't have to rely on a stun range as long as the normal kill range. Like if you are blended well, unless they are extremely lucky or have EV (in which case you usually smoke when they get close or run when you see them light up like a Christmas tree) they should run and hit an NPC in your group earning a lure, then they will also usually be in close enough proximity for you to get a stun. Generally I also think of it as if you got a contested or got killed you usually weren't doing something right.

All in all, I think the pursuer should have to be right next to you to get a stun. I also think that the stun prompt should be removed. The pursuers don't get a kill button prompt so why should the contracts get stun button prompts. Not to mention it's not very stealthy when you walk by someone trying to get a focus or just trying to get up close in a stealthy way for a kill and a nice giant stun button pops up above your head.

GameRenegade
01-01-2012, 12:47 AM
My logic on it is if you are hiding well enough you shouldn't have to rely on a stun range as long as the normal kill range. Like if you are blended well, unless they are extremely lucky or have EV (in which case you usually smoke when they get close or run when you see them light up like a Christmas tree) they should run and hit an NPC in your group earning a lure, then they will also usually be in close enough proximity for you to get a stun. Generally I also think of it as if you got a contested or got killed you usually weren't doing something right.

All in all, I think the pursuer should have to be right next to you to get a stun. I also think that the stun prompt should be removed. The pursuers don't get a kill button prompt so why should the contracts get stun button prompts. Not to mention it's not very stealthy when you walk by someone trying to get a focus or just trying to get up close in a stealthy way for a kill and a nice giant stun button pops up above your head. This

Assassinine
01-01-2012, 02:34 AM
My logic on it is if you are hiding well enough you shouldn't have to rely on a stun range as long as the normal kill range. Like if you are blended well, unless they are extremely lucky or have EV (in which case you usually smoke when they get close or run when you see them light up like a Christmas tree) they should run and hit an NPC in your group earning a lure, then they will also usually be in close enough proximity for you to get a stun.

unless your pursuer is even semi competent and can pick you out of your blend group using one of the myriad techniques, intended or not, to identify you....at no cost

hiding is almost useless at high level play, it serves no purpose but to stall your pursuer/s just long enough to locate them and wind up your fist

im fine with ACRs stun mechanics, if i want to play ACB, ill play it.

but theres no doubt in my mind that defense is a bit overtuned. nothing new, defense was already rather powerful in brotherhood

theres a reason good ACB manhunt teams meet you in the middle for a brawl, and its not because blend points are strong or that the hunter has an "advantage." lol

P.S. the mobility granted by not being bound by the detection meter FAR outweighed the kill > stun priority at the metagame with juke mindgames

timelimit
01-01-2012, 07:11 AM
I didn't read the entire topic, but I'll just chuck this in anyway.

The stun prompt. Fix it. I sometimes blend in a crowd while locating my target (who's supposedly in my line of sight) and suddenly, BAM stunned.

I couldn't have possibly shown that I was trying to kill my target, as I wasn't. This is just stupid.

gothpunkboy89
01-01-2012, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhoxDevil:

All in all, I think the pursuer should have to be right next to you to get a stun. I also think that the stun prompt should be removed. The pursuers don't get a kill button prompt so why should the contracts get stun button prompts. Not to mention it's not very stealthy when you walk by someone trying to get a focus or just trying to get up close in a stealthy way for a kill and a nice giant stun button pops up above your head. This </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes save for the fact that good hunters can easily pick you out of groups without the use of abilities. TV from a roof renders blending useless and if used right you will never see them light up. So all you see is the sudden cut scene of them falling on your and killing you.

Added with the compass lighting up if you are sneaky about it you can go around corners and depending on how the compass lights up or gos out you can pick our your target in the line up.

And unlike ACB's system you can regain an incognito kill. To balance that out the increased stun range and contested kills balance the game play out.

I will agree the stun prompt can be annoying. God only knows I have screwed out of a few incognito/hidden kills by it. The updated stun system works in this game. Maybe not perfectly but a heck of a lot better then ACB were stuns only happened if you stun locking or you use an ability.

IF you realize that you aren't being stealthy and they know you are there then it makes them countering harder. At a point in the game you have to think "damn I just gave my self away. oh well they know I'm there" trust me it gives you a big advantage. If done right you might not get an incognito kill but you will get a silent kill. and 350 points + any possible bonuses isn't that bad a score.

And in terms of MH. The Defensive round is always the most important round. If you can't defend yourself then no matter how well you are on offensive you will lose.