PDA

View Full Version : What is the fastest plane at low altitude?

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 05:39 AM
I apologize if this has been posted before.

Which aircraft is the fastest in level flight at 1000 m's?

I have read posts on higher altitude speeds, but what about down low?

As far as I can tell, the fastest I have found is the FW190 A9.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 05:39 AM
I apologize if this has been posted before.

Which aircraft is the fastest in level flight at 1000 m's?

I have read posts on higher altitude speeds, but what about down low?

As far as I can tell, the fastest I have found is the FW190 A9.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 05:41 AM

---------------------------------

From a big bird in the sky,
All will jump and some will die.
Off to battle we will go,
To live or die, hell, I don't know.
Hail oh hail oh INFANTRY!
Queen of Battle, follow me!
An Airborne Ranger's life for me,
Oh, nothing in this world is free.

Cowace2
Commanding Officer
7. Staffel, JG 77 "Black Eagles"

http://www.7jg77.com

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 05:50 AM
Excluding the 262 /i/smilies/16x16_robot-happy.gif

Props only, please.

Message Edited on 06/16/0311:51PM by rcjarrell

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 05:54 AM
The K4 is the fastest prop plane. 645 km/h TAS, and it can do it for 8 min with no overheat.

btw.This is at 200m. I'm not sure at 1000m

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.... Adolf Galland
<center>

http://www.huntress.com/images/MichaelHaberlin.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 06:10 AM
Tempest will be when it is released.

http://www.brewsterbuffalos.org/yoj/pictures/006.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 04:49 PM
Bf-109 k4 and G-14

---------------------------------------
A to the K to 4 to the 7 little
devils dont go heaven Freedom got a AK
---------------------------------------

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 05:03 PM
That is inaccurate I am affraid. The 109-K4 does have the highest top speed in a dive, however at low altitude level flight the Yak-3 will out-accelerate any 109 model to a great extent, top speed at level flight is a lot higher with the Yak-3 as well. Also at low altitude at CO-E don't try to out-climb the Yak-3 either, as it out-climbs every single prop plane in the game below 3000 meters. In short, don't use the 109 if you plane on competing against Yak-3's and LA7's down low!

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 05:06 PM
In an Air race I acheived and maintained 630kph in a 190 A9. I actually lapped an La-7 after about the 5th lap or so.

That is at 30m.

How many boards could the Mongols hoard if the Mongol Horde got bored?

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 05:11 PM
Maybe it's different with the FW, I'm only speaking from experience with the 109.

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 05:13 PM
sdreyer, I'm sure you haven't really test that 109k4 baby, it IS the fastest prop plane in the game with that little BUG... LOL You can never catch a late 109s (k4 or g14) with neither Las, 190s nor Yaks...but this should be addressed when the patch comes out.

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 05:15 PM
A9 outruns late 109`s....while boost still alive ...at leat from my experiances.

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Ataw wrote:
- sdreyer, I'm sure you haven't really test that 109k4
- baby, it IS the fastest prop plane in the game with
- that little BUG... LOL You can never catch a late
- 109s (k4 or g14) with neither Las, 190s nor
- Yaks...but this should be addressed when the patch
- comes out.

You are sadly mistaken. If this is the case, why is it that a K4 cannot catch me when I am in an A9?

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Check this pic out...

http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/gIzwPsSGZ0pYaxWoKgXsJai-O0vMrTRF_aofCMOZ_m98SovAbDdG3UNsh1KfHt3uCmQEnz9Qpk _o7LsxDFiQ4dKE9BM/715kph-level_flight.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 05:27 PM
sdreyer

You are completely wrong. I did a ton of testing. The K4 will out accelerate the Yak3 easily. It's not even close. It will out clinb it even more easily. I hate to tell you, but it's much faster in level flight too. You need to do some testing. All the Yak3 is good at, is turning, and you can't even use all of it ,because of blackouts.

I used to think the Yak3 was a hot plane. The K4 will beat it every time if the K4 pilot flys it right.

The K4 may look bad in HL low slow furballs, but it's only because to many guys don't fly it right.

In real life, if a K4 and Yak3 were sitting on the runway, and I had to choose one. The K4 would always be my choice, and i'd know i'd have a much better chance of survival.

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.... Adolf Galland
<center>

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 05:36 PM
I'm in complete agreement with Buzz on the yak3. When it comes time to run, your generally dead meat.

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Agreed Buzz. Since arrival of K4, G10 & 14 Yak3 is not as deadly as it was for G6/AS... But even G6/AS could beat it back in IL2 days if you fly it right...but K4...love that darn thing.

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Look, that makes no sense buzz! You may be correct, but then I am doing something HORRIBLY wrong and I've been flying the 109 for about 100 hours total now (that's almost all I fly). When you start at CO-E with a Yak-3 it's not even funny how much faster it is. I've often been behind an aircraft chasing it's 6 in a K4 and right under me comes a friendly Yak-3 passing at 20-40% faster speed than me. Are you doing some weird pitch adjustment or leaving it at automatic? I'd like to see the 109 having higher top speed and better acceleration than the Yak-3 on level flight, but it just does not comply with my online experiences. Not once have I been able to out-run it at CO-E.

Give me some help here...

Message Edited on 06/18/0304:57PM by sdreyer

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 06:23 PM
Put your gear up >8)

sdreyer wrote:
- Look, that makes no sense buzz! You may be correct,
- but then I am doing something HORRIBLY wrong and
- I've been flying the 109 for about 100 hours total
- now (that's almost all I fly). When you start at
- CO-E with a Yak-3 it's not even funny how much
- faster it is. I've often been behind an aircraft
- chasing it's 6 in a K4 and right under me comes a
- friendly Yak-3 passing at 20-40% faster speed than
- me.

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 06:36 PM
sdreyer

OK, do these tests.

Take the Yak3. Fly at 200m. 110% throttle, rad closed. 1005 fuel mix. It has a constant speed prop, so just leave it at 100%. If you can hold nice steady level flight, you will get it to 600 km/h IAS. It will overheat pretty fast, so try and get to top speed quickly. Once it's at top speed, you can pull the throttle back to 100%, and it won't overheat again, but it will hold top speed. (wrong). That's all I can get out of the Yak3, and it's overmodeled, so I expect the patch to change it. Now take the K4. You can use auto or manual pitch. In auto pitch, use 103% throttle (no more) rad closed, wep on. Nice steady level flight will get you 630/ km/h IAS (645 km/h TAS). It will also hold it for around 8 min with no overheat. (overmodeled) In manual pitch use 110% throttle, anmd pitch between 50-60%. By playing with the pitch, you can get a few more km/h over auto pitch. This is 30 km/h faster than the Yak3. The Yak3 should never pass you on the level.

Second test.

Take the Yak3 and fly level at 250 km/h. Use stop watch, or second hand on clock. Go full throttle, and accelrate to 400 km/h. Write down how many seconds it took. Do the same thing with the K4. Make sure to use wep, and 103% throttle if on auto, and 110% throttle if on manual. You will be shocked at how much faster the K4 is. Same with the La7. The K4 is the drag race king.

OK, we have the K4 accelrating, and top speed beating the Yak3. Last teat.

Take the Yak3,and fly level steady 1000m flight at 300 km/h. Now climb as fast as you can to 4000m, and time it. Use the same settings as the other two test for both planes. The Yak3 will probably overheat before youget to the end of test. Now do the same with K4. Auto pitch, make sure you use 103% throttle. You'll see by this test who is absolute king of the climb. It's not even close.

After doing these tests. If you still believe the Yak3 has any kind of advantage. I'll be surprised. If online the Yak3 is blowing by you in level flight, acceleration, or climb. Then he has found a way of cheating, or it's your flying../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Da Buzz
<center>

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 06:47 PM
Thanks for reply Buzz, I'll do some testing right away.

"-Then he has found a way of cheating, or it's your flying.."

I'm beginning to believe some cheats might be around as somtimes I see these aircrafts pull things that makes no logical sense at all. When it comes to my flying I'm not sure if there's that many things to actually do wrong ;O It's not like when I first started I'd always pull down flaps to 'combat' whenever I entered combat because after all it says combat flaps! haha...

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 07:02 PM
will be soon the la7.
and currently, because of slow auto prop pitch in lw
planes, even an yak1 or mig3 outaccelerates and 109k4 with
mw50 in the first seconds

wastel

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Wrong!

Da Buzz
<center>

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 07:15 PM
As BuzzU says, the K4 is an absolute speed demon - with MW50 enabled and at 110% throttle (with manual pitch) it will out accelerate any prop aircraft currently modelled in FB.

It also climbs like a crazed monkey /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

As for the Yak-3, it may turn on a sixpence but the K4 is way faster /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Buzz is right, chief. As a dedicated Yak driver, there is no hope if I get the energy down against a late 109. They just walk away, both in a straight line and in a dive....hell, in a climb too.

1v1 is very hard to win. But in a furball, it is much different...

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 07:48 PM
the La's

<a href= target="_blank"

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_01.jpg

&lt;script>d="doc";var doc = window[d+"ument"];color="#336600";a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor=color;color="#FFFFFF"; a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-3].bgColor=color;var YourPicName='http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/fis.gif';var a=doc.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>
http://fighting-irish.org
http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_02.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 07:50 PM
i wrote "soon",
not "now"

wastel

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 07:52 PM
I was outdived by a Yak the other day. It was very unnerving and I couldn't quite figure out what had just happened. I was in an A9 at 110% percent throttle, boost on, going straight down. I had even started my dive before he did. I was just about to reach 800kph or so and that SOB acutally passed me, then slowed up (as I could do NOTHING at that speed) and then he blew my 190 into flaming chunks with one short little burst. I couldn't even hear the rounds hit, I just got that sudden external view of my plane exploding.

Now, I have always outdived and ran away from Yak's when I lost my E in an A9, and theyv'e never been able catch up, much less FRIGGIN PASS ME!!!!

Also, my A9 can usually take a bunch of abuse from those pea shooters on the Yak3

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Message Edited on 06/18/0301:58PM by Bamatt

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 09:17 PM
1000 meters isn't low, when the altimeter reads 0 and you haven't eaten the dirt yet, now that's low.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

<center>
http://www.blitzpigs.com/forum/images/avatars/bp_geminiCombined.gif

<table style="filter:glow[color=black,strength=1)">
<font size=+2><font color="black">FB Rocks /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Still loving my P-39</font></font> </table style>

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

<table style="filter:glow[color=green,strength=4)"> www.blitzpigs.com</center> (http://www.blitzpigs.com</center>) </table style>

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 10:26 PM
At 10m ASL (above sea level) on Crimea map with 100% fuel, default armament and auto prop pitch when availible I get the following performance in the folling aircraft.

Fw 190D9 Late:
Top speed = 635 km/h TAS @ 103% + MW50 (top speed at 110% + MW50 is only 604km/h and yes I am absolutly sure I got that right)

Fw 190D9 Early:
Top speed = 611 km/h TAS @ 103% + MW50 (110% results in 601 km/h)

Fw 190A9
Top speed = 621 km/h TAS @ 110% + boost

BTW, I only found out about the Dora's speed increase at 103% power last night, I will repost results in new thread.

----------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

As we all know, the Soviet Union had too many fighter pilots during WW2. So Stalin's scientists came up with a brillient way to solve this problem. They would make some of their pilots fly British made Hurricanes. The Hurricane was an uber flying coffin. It was designed to maximize pilot kills by providing nothing but fabric and a few wooden spars around the cockpit. This setup prevented the pilot from escaping easily while at the same time not interfering with enemy bullets and shrapnel trying to pass through it. The rest of the Hurricanes structure was designed to ricochet bullets and shrapnel into the cockpit. And thanks to the cockpits superb design, all of them would pass through the cockpit and the pilot inside with little difficulty. Of course the Hurricane's designers didn't stop there. In order for the Hurricane to become a flying coffin, they had to make it easy to shoot. They did this by making the Hurricane the slowest monoplane fighter in use at the time and even gave it a very bulky shape so that it would be easy to spot and hit. The final feature of the Hurricane was its ability to bury or cremate itself. And because it was made of biodegradable materials, the Hurricane was environmentally friendly after it buried itself. Because of these brillient features, the Hurricane was a perfect flying coffin and helped the Soviets solve the pilot surplus they were suffering.
http://www.bestanimations.com/Humans/Skulls/Skull-06.gif