PDA

View Full Version : Special creatures - HOMM VI

Lift0
12-13-2010, 04:12 AM
One thing that I missed in Heroes V was the ability to get some creatures which not was in the castles. For example, in Heroes II there was the earth elementals creatures which all had specific ways to attack and defend. There was the Meduza creature which had a very special way of being. There were also the Ghosts, the maybe most powerful creatures in the game, due to the fact that they became more and more, the more they killed. This I though was very cool creatures because it was so hard to get them in the game and also kill them.
I have been reading around and have the same picture as many else that some maps in the games in the past have been too easy when you have an army which is fairly good.

How is it going to be in Heroes VI - is there any creatures which you cannot build in castles, some that is very hard to find/to get or similar? Like ghosts, meduzas, earth elementals?
Because this is in my opinion a very important part of the Heroes games, it suprises the player very much and get's him more curious.
Or maybe this is a secret, one may not say which creatures if so, but one maybe can say "yes it will exist in the HOMM 6 game" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I am curious!

Jester64
12-13-2010, 05:39 AM
I don't think it would be a big loss if they weren't included but I would like to see some, just to make it seem more Heroes like.

From what I've heard they are including some creatures like that.

mcgslo
12-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Neutral creatures are in the new H6 game but its unclear how many or how will they be linked. (to castles, neutral or to school of magic perhaps,...)

This has been posted before including on this forum few times.

lp
McG

KingImp
12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
We definitely need as many neutral creatures as possible, IMO.

Put it this way, when all was said and done with both games, Heroes 3 had 19 neutrals as opposed to Heroes 5 having only 9. Last I checked most people believe Heroes 3 to be way better than 5 and no one complained that 3 had too many neutral units or that they were unbalanced.

So, if I were in charge, I would plan on a minimum of 2 neutral units per faction so that would be 10 to start and more to come later on.

GoranXII
12-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey, just remember that H3 started off with 6 neutrals for 8 towns, and that you only actually had 15 neutrals all-out since the elementals became town creatures, and you only ever really got the chance to use 11 of the 15 since 4 were dragons that you rarely encountered, and pretty much never (or at least I never did) recruited.

SwampLord450
12-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by GoranXII:
Hey, just remember that H3 started off with 6 neutrals for 8 towns, and that you only actually had 15 neutrals all-out since the elementals became town creatures, and you only ever really got the chance to use 11 of the 15 since 4 were dragons that you rarely encountered, and pretty much never (or at least I never did) recruited.

To be fair, Phoenix and Death Knight dwellings seem just as rare as any of the Level 8-10 Dragons in AB.

GoranXII
12-13-2010, 04:07 PM
air, Phoenix and Death Knight dwellings seem just as rare as any of the Level 8-10 Dragons in AB.
Yeah, but at least you can get them from towns as well, and it's generally rare to find any dwellings over say level 4 in any case. Also, the price of the dragons is prohibitive, a Faerie's about twice the price of an Archangel, up to about 6 times an Archangel for an Azure, plus you actually have to grab the dwelling, which involves beating three dragons.

smithey33
12-13-2010, 04:11 PM
No dissrespect but the ghosts from homm 2 were the most idiotic creation in all heroes combined... u get one ghost and its game over

in homm 6 u will have boss fights with neutral creatures which are not easy to kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

example - dragons, arch devils, arch angels, and this little cutey

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/kaspergm/Heroes%206/Mother_Namtaru.jpg

GoranXII
12-13-2010, 04:21 PM
There was nothing game-ending about ghosts, you just had to hit them with powerful units and magic, weak units just fed them.

Destruction3402
12-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by KingImp:
We definitely need as many neutral creatures as possible, IMO.

Put it this way, when all was said and done with both games, Heroes 3 had 19 neutrals as opposed to Heroes 5 having only 9. Last I checked most people believe Heroes 3 to be way better than 5 and no one complained that 3 had too many neutral units or that they were unbalanced.

So, if I were in charge, I would plan on a minimum of 2 neutral units per faction so that would be 10 to start and more to come later on.
While I definitely agree with you that the more neutral monsters the better, H3 actually had four extremely unbalanced creatures IMO (crystal dragons, azure dragons, rust dragons and faerie dragons).
Fortunately, nobody could ever get them in most maps, and I really liked them after all because of that, they looked badass!

SwampLord450
12-13-2010, 05:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">air, Phoenix and Death Knight dwellings seem just as rare as any of the Level 8-10 Dragons in AB.
Yeah, but at least you can get them from towns as well, and it's generally rare to find any dwellings over say level 4 in any case. Also, the price of the dragons is prohibitive, a Faerie's about twice the price of an Archangel, up to about 6 times an Archangel for an Azure, plus you actually have to grab the dwelling, which involves beating three dragons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, you misunderstood me, I meant HV Death Knight and Phoenix neutral dwellings.

And yeah, the dragons were prohibitively expensive, but they were that good. :P

Pitsu
12-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by smithey33:
No dissrespect but the ghosts from homm 2 were the most idiotic creation in all heroes combined... u get one ghost and its game over

The only idiotic thing there was was to allow humans to recruit ghosts. They used to be immune to diplomacy and join until PoL added the dwelling. Alternatively H1 style destroy undead could have been brought back to balance them. Their special ability made ghost IMO one of the most original and best (neutral) creatures in HoMM ever, because they could not be steamrolled with whatever army.

evildiablo4
12-13-2010, 11:58 PM
It would be nice to see 4 types of golums again from heroes III. Most likely not going to happen

KingImp
12-14-2010, 03:28 PM

That's why I said "when all was said and done."
Sure, Heroes 3 only started with a few, but then built on it. Unfortunately Heroes 5 started with a few and didn't expand on it.

I'm fine if Heroes 6 gives us a few to start, but by all means add to that with the subsequent expansions.

Originally posted by evildiablo4:
It would be nice to see 4 types of golums again from heroes III. Most likely not going to happen

I definitely agree. I remember buying the hero Josephine, whose specialty was Golems, and just gave her all 4 types of them to roam the map with. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lift0
12-19-2010, 02:55 PM

in homm 6 u will have boss fights with neutral creatures which are not easy to kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/kaspergm/Heroes%206/Mother_Namtaru.jpg

Oh, cool! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Seems cool!
As many people in here said it should be neutral creatures to every fraction. I also see posibilities with creatures NOT belonging to ANY fraction as the ghosts in the HOMM2 (well they are maybe Necromander) but you don't connect that when you play (I did not). They were completely self for me and live a life of their own. That was what I was so fascinated about. The legends behind those creatures that you did not meet to much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lift0
12-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Pitsu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smithey33:

The only idiotic thing there was was to allow humans to recruit ghosts. They used to be immune to diplomacy and join until PoL added the dwelling. Alternatively H1 style destroy undead could have been brought back to balance them. Their special ability made ghost IMO one of the most original and best (neutral) creatures in HoMM ever, because they could not be steamrolled with whatever army. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was little what I meant with me reply in the beginning. The ghosts did not have just attack and defense skills. They had this "you cant describe this skills in digits" attacks in some way and this property of them made them very powerfully I think. If you met a Legion of Ghost you were to have very good army to get rid of them! Of course you can attack them with an army just of dragons and you will probably kill them, but anyway.

Interesting to do them immune with Diplomacy! Would probably have been more fair game then.

A parallel thing would be to the Lord of the rings when Aragorn gets help from the killed army in the mountains. They are not many but they are in some way instoppable due to their legend skills and their history. And they have a fury of few to be released on them you have abandonded them.

nqox
12-19-2010, 07:29 PM

sir where did u find that high resolution version of this picture? :/