PDA

View Full Version : Any Hope?

RAF238thKnight
07-22-2005, 05:52 AM
I was hoping for this just to give us a tast of things to come. Have heard BoB is about one and a half to two years out. I would really like and 109E-E3 and Spitfire Mk1, Mk1a,MKII. This would be fun by Christmas might be a nice gift with a Sector 11 Channel map. What fun we could have over the Holiday break.

Knight

csThor
07-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Nope. FB/PF is already at the end of its life and all Maddox Games does is to finish the most advanced 3rd Party Planes. They don't develop own AC for this engine anymore.

Secondly Maddox Games/Ubi have placed a ban on any maps of the Channel, the Med or similar regions which are supposed to be featured in BoB AddOns.

F19_Ob
07-22-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by csThor:
Secondly Maddox Games/Ubi have placed a ban on any maps of the Channel, the Med or similar regions which are supposed to be featured in BoB AddOns.

Wise thing.
BoB has a very limited operation area and planeset. It would be stupid if people were bored already with BoB flying before the sim got out.

Wonder how they will solve that limiting issue?
The sim we have now is very flexible with many theaters and map-options aswell as planes and I think this sim gained a lot from that.
Flying on one theatre only online quickly becomes very monotonous, not to say boring.

Perhaps my guess will come true after all?
If BoB is expected to have a long life they probably must add later planes and other theatres to keep people interested?

We'll have to see.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

x6BL_Brando
07-22-2005, 06:50 AM
If BoB is expected to have a long life they probably must add later planes and other theatres to keep people interested?

We'll have to see.

I would have thought it is obvious from the history of FB, plus AEP, plus PF, that we are going to get more theatres & more planes as the BOB release receives the customary patches & add-ons.

We've gotten used to pre-patch and post-patch whingeing, but pre-release of an unseen game? Come on! Lighten up ffs! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

csThor
07-22-2005, 07:26 AM
I really, really, really hope they do get a tight lock on what's being introduced into BoB. In my opinion FB/AEP/PF was the best example of "How not to ..." - too much watering can and too little content for the folks who are not Online Dogfight Fetishists.

I hope they organize additional content for BoB into neat packages determined by geographical area and timeframe and combine the necessary planes/ground objects/ships and campaigns into the package.

HoneySeeker
07-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Perhaps my guess will come true after all?
Well, Oleg seems to think so (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/9541072703/r/3831096803#3831096803).

RAF238thKnight
07-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Im sry to disagree with you it would only spur more interest in the game IMO. The Idea is to keep leading up to the nxt generation of SIM. I agree the BoB will be great and cant wait, however the time frame till release is quite a long way away. Heck ya might as well wait on any up grade to ur PC. 1 to 2 yrs is now a a huge jump in tech.

I for one will buy BoB and probably only fly it because it is the nxt step to the new series. One map would not kill the BoB trust me, most good Sim pilots will buy it because of the new FM and DM. I really like the theater of operations only reason why I asked the question. Maps is the only thing that limits some of the fun in creating Operations. This goes out to all the map creating junkies. It would be a great experiment if he created a medium to large Size map of channel just to see the hit, cant be any worse then New Guinea.

Just My Opinion

Knight

csThor
07-24-2005, 07:35 AM
Not to put too many dampers on your enthusiasm but the time for Maddox Games developing stuff for the FB/PF engine is over by now - for a few months already. Everything that came with 4.01 and will come with the coming patch(es)/Addon(s) is 3rd Party work that is being finished by Maddox Games in their spare time.

The development priority is "Battle of Britain".

LEXX_Luthor
07-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Oleg is making the right Choice. There is no such thing as keeping current simmers "interested" by propping up the FB like the Party medical doctors propped up Brezhnev for the TV cameras. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif To succeed well, Oleg must attract 10 flight sim Newbies/Newbiettes for every crusty bitter Old Timer.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif FB will slowly but besurely Mutate into the BoB, as Oleg puts more and more BoB experiments into the FB laboratory.

Grey_Mouser67
07-24-2005, 06:08 PM
I thing Oleg won't release any AEP type add ons with BoB either...he knew, and was reinforced that stand alone games do better than add-ons so I'd expect to see BoB followed by a Med sim that can be merged installed like PF...that merging thing was absolute genius! Never seen that before but it allows for a sim to grow while attracting new players and anyone addicted must buy the previous titles to join in the fun!

Online playing, while it is small now, will likely only grow into the future.

I only hope we get the spit Mk xiv, tempest and mosquito along with a few of the more annoying bugs from 4.01 before it is kaput to FB

Stigler_9_JG52
07-24-2005, 10:04 PM
After that totally amateurish "Med pond" map they put out, I can see how they'd ban any additional attempts to butcher that theatre. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Seriously, though, it does make perfect marketing sense not to create a IL-2 vs. BoB schism if they can help it.

Sturm_Williger
07-26-2005, 09:20 AM
FB will slowly but besurely Mutate into the BoB

Congratulations LEXX on your beautiful new word http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

DuxCorvan
08-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RAF238thKnight:
Any Hope?

No.

FB/PF is over. We'll luckily have a small add-on with a small portion of the plane projects that are yet with them, and that's all. I heard they have a Spitfire XIV in the works, among many other things (Ju 88, Italian fighters, B6N, Raiden, N1K, CW-21, Ki-27, A5M, B-534, S.328, Fokker D.XXI, Mosquito, Do 335...). What will see the light and what not, only 1C knows -but I wouldn't expect even one tenth part of all that.

Daiichidoku
08-03-2005, 09:37 AM
i have read that BoB will start, obviously, at battle of britain,

but from there, further dev. will lead to more theaters and times, meaning tha teventually BoB will expand intomost if not all WWII air battles

beyond that, i recall it being said that it will evenutally expand into korea era stuff too

and evenutually have as many planes as FB

VFA-25_Peckens
08-03-2005, 02:20 PM
dont we have enough spitfires

Atomic_Marten
08-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by csThor:
Nope. FB/PF is already at the end of its life and all Maddox Games does is to finish the most advanced 3rd Party Planes. They don't develop own AC for this engine anymore.

Good info...

JG7_Rall
08-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by VFA-25_Peckens:
dont we have enough spitfires

LOL r0xx0rz

Atomic_Marten
08-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAF238thKnight:
Any Hope?

No.

FB/PF is over. We'll luckily have a small add-on with a small portion of the plane projects that are yet with them, and that's all. I heard they have a Spitfire XIV in the works, among many other things (Ju 88, Italian fighters, B6N, Raiden, N1K, CW-21, Ki-27, A5M, B-534, S.328, Fokker D.XXI, Mosquito, Do 335...). What will see the light and what not, only 1C knows -but I wouldn't expect even one tenth part of all that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.
What would be good conclusion of the game is that at least the most important planes of those that are planned to be 'in' before final closing, find their way into the game.

1.B6N
2.Ju-88 flyable
3.my personal favourite F D.XII

Of all others (pardon me if there's been US navy torpedo bomber mentioned to be included as flyable; that one would share No.1/2 on the list with B6N) I am indifferent.
With indifferent I mean I don't have a list of favourites, but I would like to see them all in.