PDA

View Full Version : PC release date

stevfootman
10-19-2011, 05:22 AM
This is not a anger or flaming message Iím just curios of why up until the month before release, we were led to believe that the game will be released the same date as consoles. Only to then tell us its basically up to a month after all my friends get the game that Iíll be able to play the game even though i have a machine capable of playing it without buying a console?

Are gaming companies trying to kill pc? are they trying to force us to buy a consoles? And why were we not given the correct release date when it was first advertised?
I would understand a month delay if they were actually adding things to the game for pc however at the point of releasing a game they wonít be continually updating it for another platform a month later. a month is too short for things to be added, game to be shipped to printing the dvd makers ect.

so why stagger the release date?

stevie-jay
10-19-2011, 07:29 AM
It's simply because they are Ubisoft.
They just like us PC gamers over, any way they can.
Oh, and this is just the first delay of many. We won't see the game until mrch.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

stevfootman
10-19-2011, 08:01 AM
i was hoping this not to become a ubisoft hating thread as im actually looking for some reasoning

sassinscreed
10-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by stevfootman:
i was hoping this not to become a ubisoft hating thread as im actually looking for some reasoning

there is not real reason it is stupid and it doesn't make any sense

stevfootman
10-19-2011, 08:28 AM
there is always going to be a business case for things like this. with pros and cons. they wont jsut say over tea... yeah lets make them suffer

stevie-jay
10-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by stevfootman:
there is always going to be a business case for things like this. with pros and cons. they wont jsut say over tea... yeah lets make them suffer

If I didn't get the feeling Ubisoft is deliberately doing this, then I'd be kinder with my words.
The lack of communication, and the seemingly careless way they delayed it, is too much.
It isn't the first time it happens, but it will be the last time tricked me.
Sad thing is, I'm just one of the few who speaks out, the rest still seems to trust Ubi... why? I'll never understand.
Sure, the make great games, but that doesn't give them the right to treat us like dog.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language</span>

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 10:10 AM
The developers may not officially know, and they are generally the ones telling the release date.

It's the publisher's thing, not the developers thing.

'sides, I'd almost rather wait until March because we get free DLC.

sp33dd34m0n
10-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Maybe some of u guys remember the fiasco what happened with the PC release of AC1.

The game was available on warez sites a few weeks before the official game release date. Responsible was the company who made the discs.

So its just my theory that thats the reason why they release PC versions later.

Razrback16
10-19-2011, 12:24 PM
The fact that they don't make any competent Public Relations statements to justify their actions really tells you all you need to know. They consistently do this and give us "the bird".

Whenever I'm browsing for games, I always take note of who the maker is. When it's Ubisoft and it's a game I haven't heard much about, I always put it back on the shelf because of the way they treat our community. They better hope they always have flagship games like Creed going because I certainly have no intention of going out of my way to try out Ubisoft games.

On the bright side, think of it this way -- for those of you who have seen how terrible AC looks on the consoles (I've seen it on XBOX 360 and it looks TERRIBLE), we get the game cheaper, and with FAR higher image quality than the consoles. I try to think of that whenever the release date is brought up.

And keep in mind how Ubisoft treats the PC gaming community when you see questionable titles on the shelf that you might be interested in but really aren't 100% sure if you want to spend the $$...just remember how you felt when you saw the news about the most recent Assassin's Creed delay.

restomaniac
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:'sides, I'd almost rather wait until March because we get free DLC. No,No,No.
How many times NO.
Give me a game with an unspoiled storyline EVERYTIME over free bits and pieces.

mrxclusiv.au
10-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by restomaniac:
No,No,No.
How many times NO.
Give me a game with an unspoiled storyline EVERYTIME over free bits and pieces.

<span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span>

this times ten million brotherhood ending was blown to bits for every pc gamer out there - this had to have smashed PC sales

do you go see a movie at the pictures when you know how it ends?

<span class="ev_code_RED">***Repeating the same quote multiple times is spamming, please don't do it again***</span>

Gogetters120
10-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Ubisoft has always delayed their PC games saying something like "XXX is being delayed for bug fixes." but it's really because of piracy. They refuse to accept and or believe that piracy is not just a PC thing, piracy is on the consoles as well.

stevie-jay
10-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Gogetters120:
Ubisoft has always delayed their PC games saying something like "XXX is being delayed for bug fixes." but it's really because of piracy. They refuse to accept and or believe that piracy is not just a PC thing, piracy is on the consoles as well.

I wonder if they know that they are just shooting themselves in the foot behaving like this...

Gogetters120
10-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I really hope they do...

I can understand delaying the game if it really is for bug fixes, but the constant delays and pain in the DRM makes me think otherwise.

Delaying PC ports because of piracy reasons will only serve to off the people who actually buy the games, and that is not good, Ubisoft. Consoles are not exempt from piracy.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I'm using!</span>

stevie-jay
10-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Gogetters120:
I really hope they do...

I can understand delaying the game if it really is for bug fixes, but the constant delays and pain in the DRM makes me think otherwise.

Delaying PC ports because of piracy reasons will only serve to off the people who actually buy the games, and that is not good, Ubisoft. Consoles are not exempt from piracy.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I'm using!</span>

In "The World According To Ubisoft", piracy on consoles is non-existant.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 04:43 PM
PC has far more piracy though, and don't try to say that it doesn't. The reaction of a lot of PC gamers is to pirate when they think a game is going to be bad.

And also, what are you going to do Stevie if ACR comes out on November 29th (NA) or December 2nd (EU)?

stevie-jay
10-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
PC has far more piracy though, and don't try to say that it doesn't. The reaction of a lot of PC gamers is to pirate when they think a game is going to be bad.

And also, what are you going to do Stevie if ACR comes out on November 29th (NA) or December 2nd (EU)?

Not denying anything, besides, redundant debate is redundant. :P

and i will do nothing, prolly will pick up ACR in the bargain bin a year from now.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 12:11 AM
sooo..

you just came here to post about how you hate UbiSoft. niiiice.

stevie-jay
10-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
sooo..

you just came here to post about how you hate UbiSoft. niiiice.

After being screwed over royally a few games, i think I have retained the right to hate them.
Once they stop treating PC like the disease they think it is, I might reconsider.

stevfootman
10-22-2011, 11:33 AM
walks out my own thread. this is not what i started this thread for.

Black_Widow9
10-22-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm going to close this now since it has veered so off topic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif