PDA

View Full Version : All the Ways to Kill a Soldier

vanbuskirks
05-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Hey all,

I'm working on a video project with AC which will show ALL of the ways to kill a solider. That means all counter, combo, strong counter animations with every weapon including throwing soldiers into things/ off roofs and punching them to death. I was wondering if anyone would like to help by trying to figure out how many different animations there are for each type of move for each weapon so I can make sure not too miss any. I'm working on the same thing, but I figure if I can get some of you to help it will decrease my chances of missing one. I have started recording actions and want to use ONLY my gameplay, but I would greatly appreciate a hand in figuring out how many different ways there are. Thanks in advance!

Xanatos2007
05-06-2009, 07:31 PM
I'll post what I can recall...

Grabs: Throw them into walls etc repetedly, (takes ages, but it can work).
Throw them off tall buildings/cliffs.
Throw them into water.
Throw them into destructible objects, (scaffolds, merchant stands and drying racks for spices & fish).

Sword: COUNTERS- Quick lunge into the torso.
Block overhead attack, kick in the groin and chop into the carotid sheath (neck).
Outward spin, hack the enemy behind the knee and deliver a powerful stab into the torso while he's grounded.
Punch the enemy to the ground and stab him while he's grounded.
Dodge, chop the enemy in the armpit, spin behind and slash down his back.
Deflect enemy sword and stab through the torso.
Deflect enemy sword, spin to the side and slash the enemy's flank.
STRONG COUNTERS (where you counter a strong attack)- You'll go into an animation where Altair will break their foot and knee them in the face or something, followed by a slight pause. During this pause you can hit the attack button and stab the enemy diagonally up through his torso, or chop him in the carotid sheath. If you press the legs button you will break the enemy's legs and he will fall to the ground crying out in pain. You can then leave him to die or finish him off with your hidden blade. If you press nothing, he will fall and get back up as if nothing happened. There may be something if you press the free-hand button, but I have not tried.

COMBO KILLS- Deflect enemy sword, spin, slash in the neck and stab through the heart.
Deflect enemy sword, chop in the neck and knee in the face.
Slap the enemy and stab him in the butt/leg, severing the artery.
Quick lunge, stab in the torso & twist the blade 90 degrees.

Short Blade COUNTERS- Deflect weapon, stab enemy in the chest twice.
Dodge attack, stab enemy through the back of the throat.
Dodge to the side, stab enemy in the back of the knee, spin & slash the back of their neck.
Block, outward throat slash.
Dodge, spin, outward throat slash.
Deflect attack, stab in the foot, upward slash in the neck.
STRONG COUNTER- Same as with the sword, except Altair will either do an outward throat slash, an inward throat slash or plunge the short blade through the enemy's skull, (messy).

COMBO KILL- Kick in the stomach, stab in the back.
Break enemy's leg, break enemy's neck in a headlock.

Throwing Knives: Thrown from the hip/belt, from the boot or from the shoulder, all with the left hand. Can be used in low profile or in combat. DOES NOT work on Templars or assassination targets.

Hidden blade: COUNTERS (difficult, but effective)- Stab through the heart, punch in the face.
Stab up into the ribcage, punch in the face/chest and stab up through the chin.
Stab through the temple and punched off the blade.
Stab through the chin & throw the enemy to the ground.
Stab through the eye socket & thrown to the ground.
Stab in the heart.
Stab in the lower back, severing the spinal cord.
Stab in the upper back and pushed to the ground.

COMBO KILLS- There are none. But while an enemy is taunting you or not paying attention you can lunge and dispatch them quickly.
The Hidden Blade, while the most difficult to use, is the most powerful weapon in your arsenal since it only takes one counter attack to kill ANY opponent instantly, (except assassination targets which require a final stab on the ground). And while you cannot block with the Hidden Blade, you can still dodge attacks you're not ready to counter.

Assassinations (Hidden Blade only): LOW PROFILE- From the front, stab into the kidney.
From the back, stab into the kidney.
(exciting, isn't it?)
HIGH PROFILE- Standing in front, stab into the face/eye socket and lower them onto the ground gently.
Standing behind, drop the enemy to their knees and stab them in the clavicle (behind the collarbone) and lower them onto the ground gently.
While running/sprinting, lunge towards the enemy and stab them in the neck.
*While running or sprinting, grab the enemy around the throat and stab them in the kidney (from the back), twisting and lowering them to the ground.
*While running or sprinting, stab the enemy in the kidney (from the front) and lower them to the ground, (probably the quickest high-profile assassination).
Locked onto your target, jump off a structure (not too tall) and land on your victim, stabbing them in the neck.
*= Need to be done while moving quickly and you're RIGHT BEHIND/IN FRONT of your target, otherwise you'll just lunge at them. Also works if your opponent runs into you, (got Talal that way once, he literally ran into my blade).

Fists: Serve no purpose in combat against armed hostiles, but if a guard is standing near the edge of a tall building/cliff/whatever you can punch them off.

I'm quite sure there's more attacks and creative ways to kill soldiers, but these are the ones I can remember and I can't play Assassin's Creed because most of my computer is in storage somewhere.

An_Idea
05-06-2009, 11:17 PM
one time a templar was chasing me so i leapt onto a roof but was still hanging there when he leapt. he hit me and couldn't grab on so he fell to the street level and died

P.S. i love fist fighting in this game

Ubi.Vigil
05-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Xanatos2007, that's an astonishingly long list from memory. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Good luck with the video vanbuskirks, should be cool.

vanbuskirks
05-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the list Xanatos! That is basically the same list I came up with. It's just a matter of getting good recordings of all of them and fitting them in under 10 minutes. I don't think it should be a problem, assuming each is 5 seconds and there are around 40 animations. I'm just afraid of people being picky and throwing out random kills that are near impossible to replicate. I'm going to do what I can. It should be cool!

Account_Deleted
05-07-2009, 03:23 PM
try to do a montage
it should make it quicker..

vanbuskirks
05-07-2009, 03:25 PM
That's my plan at the moment. I'm just struggling to get good zoom in angles of each kill.

Xanatos2007
05-07-2009, 06:18 PM
A good place to train is the garrison outside Acre (in the Kingdom). Guards spawn there regularly and there's a large fight pit in the middle, so you'll never be fightless. If you're running it on PC on a slightly slower computer, there's less data to load in the pit making the game run smoother. There are about 3 archer's on towers with flags, if you get into a fight on the bottom the soldiers generally run away. The archers will be sitting ducks, making them good for assassinations. I also believe there's a Templar somewhere around there.

Also, one more grab I forgot to mention. You can throw guards over short walls. In Damascus near the river, on top of viewpoints with archers on top, and some other places I can't recall at the moment.

vanbuskirks
05-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the tip! Another combo kill for the short sword is the Punch...Elbow...Throat Slice. One of my favs, and it's one I get a lot.

katz_bg
05-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

Assassinations (Hidden Blade only):
HIGH PROFILE-
*While running or sprinting, grab the enemy around the throat and stab them in the kidney (from the back), twisting and lowering them to the ground.
*While running or sprinting, stab the enemy in the kidney (from the front) and lower them to the ground, (probably the quickest high-profile assassination).
Locked onto your target, jump off a structure (not too tall) and land on your victim, stabbing them in the neck.
*= Need to be done while moving quickly and you're RIGHT BEHIND/IN FRONT of your target, otherwise you'll just lunge at them. Also works if your opponent runs into you, (got Talal that way once, he literally ran into my blade).
There is an easy way to get these. Run towards your enemy and just before reaching him let go of the high-profile trigger, press it again no more than a second afterward and assassinate. It has to be before he's slowed down to walking speed! Sprinting before that can give you a better feel of the timing. Works every time for me (PS3 version).

And I believe vanbuskirks filled out the last kill I know of, but I didn't know that about the sword and the legs button.

livetoshoot
05-14-2009, 07:35 PM
I made an assassins creed combat video to for whom the bell tolls by metallica I would appreciate it if you checked it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JTnuuXqO0

vanbuskirks
05-15-2009, 01:58 AM
Pretty cool vid man. I'm having some trouble actually creating the video. I've recorded about half of the kills so far, but I'm having trouble 1) finding a video editing program that is intuitive to use and doesn't suck *** and 2) find a way to not make my videos grainy and pixelated.

I'm running a e8400 @ 3.0 with 3.2 gigs ddr2-800 ram and a ATI 4870 video card. Also running a 300 gb velociraptor and a 500 gb storage drive. I can run the game on max settings and get 45-60 fps, and the fraps videos look great, but as soon as I import them to Windows Movie Maker or Adobe Elements the quality drops like mad. (I recorded @ 29.9 fps) I was wondering what your comp specs are and what editing program you use.

Xanatos2007
05-21-2009, 05:22 AM
2 more I just remembered:

Sword Counter: Slash on the flank/armpit and hack in the neck. (it's a quick movement)

Short Blade Counter: Deflect, backwards stab in the chest.