PDA

View Full Version : Currently selected plane has no cockpit?

AStotzer
01-25-2006, 08:10 PM
I did a search on 'no cockpit' and couldn't find the answer... Sometimes, when I try to Play a Full Mission Builder mission I get the error:

"Mission Loading Error: One of selected aircraft has no cockpit."

What is the problem?? Does it let me select a plane to fly that isn't flyable? Or do I have some other problem?

AStotzer
01-25-2006, 08:10 PM
I did a search on 'no cockpit' and couldn't find the answer... Sometimes, when I try to Play a Full Mission Builder mission I get the error:

"Mission Loading Error: One of selected aircraft has no cockpit."

What is the problem?? Does it let me select a plane to fly that isn't flyable? Or do I have some other problem?

Tully__
01-25-2006, 08:39 PM
You have missed a patch or used an incorrect patch in your patching sequence. Check the "Correct Patch Order" thread stickied near the top of the forum. Make sure you double check the file sizes of patches you download against those listed in that thread.

Skycat_2
01-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Full Mission Builder? You may have somehow selected a plane that is AI and not made flyable. What plane are you trying to fly?

Tully__
01-25-2006, 09:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:
Full Mission Builder? You may have somehow selected a plane that is AI and not made flyable. What plane are you trying to fly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No "Player" box available in FMB for those if all is installed correctly. It will be a patch issue, most likely using 3.01-&gt;3.03 patch (56MB) instead of 3.0-&gt;3.03 patch (100MB). Problems don't show until you try to fly one of the planes made flyable in v3.03 (add "m" to all patch references for merged version http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

AStotzer
01-25-2006, 11:33 PM
What plane am I trying to fly? Sorry, can't remember, because I keep changing to something that flys... I'll check.

I noticed that if I can fly the aircraft type in the game, the Player checkbox IS 'Enabled and Selectable' for that aircraft. If I get the error, the 'Player' checkbox is 'Disabled' but visible. I suppose this may be the bug, because it still

Tully__
01-26-2006, 04:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I get the error, the 'Player' checkbox is 'Disabled' but visible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's AI only planes. If it's not disabled but you can't fly them when it's checked, it's a patch issue.

AStotzer
01-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Ok. Thanks.

SaQSoN
01-26-2006, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That's AI only planes. If it's not disabled but you can't fly them when it's checked, it's a patch issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not neccessary. The MIS file could have been edited with text editor and flyable plane replaced in it with AI-only for the player's flight.
Also may be caused by some external mission generator programm.

AStotzer
01-26-2006, 03:51 PM
I remember one of the planes I was trying to fly was the Gladiator. Is that one flyable? I thought it was...

Waldo.Pepper
01-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Gladiator is NOT flyable.

J8 is flyable. J8 is export version of Gladiator.

Clear now!?