PDA

View Full Version : What's the reason for "No ariels" In IL2/FB/AEW/PF

JSG72
04-15-2006, 02:57 PM
OK. So we have All the planes.
But Why no ariels. As in Why aren't folks allowed to add ariels to the Planes that skinners have painstakenly tried to get Correct. IE. ME110/Mossie/Ju88/FW200/ME210/F4U.
Is it too much bother to add ariels?

Maps exists as a kind of Radar.
Why can't we have it? Surely an Inexpensive ADDON? It would open up a whole new perspective of In flight WAR?

Taylortony
04-15-2006, 03:00 PM
I would have said adding aerials to the aircraft would up the poly count and as they are limited to the amount that can be used, in game details elswhere on the models would have to be compromised..........

JSG72
04-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Taylortony:
I would have said adding aerials to the aircraft would up the poly count and as they are limited to the amount that can be used, in game details elswhere on the models would have to be compromised..........

Of course they would AND?
Noone can fly the B-29. But It is there "In Game" Amongst others.

Deary me. If third party MS CFS. users can do it. Why can't IL2/FB/AEP/PF do the same?
Big World, Lots of money? (So I'm Told)

Chuck_Older
04-15-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't think that GSJ72 is talking about radio masts

I think that the point is about radar aerials, since "maps exist as a kind of radar" was mentioned

The maker of this sim attempts to do this in a certain way. Giving us a non-realistic radar isn't how he does things.

3rd party MS fligh sim users can do lots of things. This sim is et up differently, and it's mostly for online play compatibility

Taylortony
04-15-2006, 03:16 PM
CFS has open architecture where you can add aircraft, IL2 they are coded into the game so it is not possible to add planes or additional information to them....... you cannot fly the B-29 internally as it has not got the cockpits modelled into the game, same for the B17, BUT you can fly them externally in some games......... and bombe with them.

JSG72
04-15-2006, 03:31 PM
HI! Chuck.
Things have become So So of late.
Nice to see you have taken an interest.

With so many squabbling about FM.

I have made it my Own Personal interest. As to Why? Radar ariels aren't added to "In Game" senarios.
This area of Air fighting takes up a "Grand scenario" of what actually went n in WW2.

Sooo.... Why isn't it represented?
Surely a very cheap ADDON?

As far as MAPS is concerned.....Well?
Unless we are as well informed as we are http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif?
Surely it wouldn't matter so much ?

Chuck_Older
04-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Well like I said, Oleg isn't interested in doing it unless it can be done "correctly" according to his standards

Until he feels it can be done, we can only hope. I'd like it, myself

JSG72
04-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Correctness!!!

Isn't that what this whole Forum is based on

Oh well! (And you's maybe thought I was a TROLL!)

10-20KPH!
as oppossed to another senario. C'mon OLEG!
You will always have Folks disputing.

It's a Cheap ADDON!!