PDA

View Full Version : Fix proposal for nonsense (kamikaze) routes

GimbleFIN
09-19-2010, 04:34 AM
The waypoints have been mentioned probaly hunred times, so i don't get into that here. But i definitely agree that some sort of waypoint system would make this brilliant game even better and more confortable to play.

But i want to talk about units routefinding for certain units. Sometimes they take a road or whatever and get themselfs killed. Units actulally didn't go the route that player thought they would go. And the next thing he realized that unit(s) are wasted.

During game play there are moments that you are afraid that they take the longer but faster route and you don't feel very confident. Here is my proposal to take care of this issue.

Normal (short) press at destination point = fastest route (like current implementation)

Long press at destination point = shortest route

Tell me what you think? Would it solve the issue? I think this should be discussed. If this is not going to be changed for something like this, then the waypoints would be kind of workaround for this problem as well.

Axe99
09-19-2010, 05:48 AM
It's a good idea, nice one GimbleFIN http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

vincenty82
09-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Not bad, although i would prefer if longer press would set a waypoint for a selected unit and quick press would set a destination point and deselect the unit (or not if you have changed it in options).

GimbleFIN
09-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by vincenty82:
Not bad, although i would prefer if longer press would set a waypoint for a selected unit and quick press would set a destination point and deselect the unit (or not if you have changed it in options).

I think the waypoint system should be binded to other key if possible. So during the route there could be possible to input both "fastest" and "shortest" route types by pressing a waypoint key + short or long press with moving key on destination point.

Only way to make this happen would be that holding down other key (Waypoint key) would enable waypoint system. (as it done in console versions of C&C games)

This way it would be possible to order for example:

A -fastest - B - shortest - C - fastest - D

You could do that and after that consentrete on other units and not worry about those ordered for a while. I think this would improve gameplay experience a lot for advanced players.