PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting controllers

ladlon
02-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I have both a MOMO Racing Force wheel and a Saitek EVO joystick plugged into my PC (both USB), and when I load Pacific Fighters, it uses the wheel and not the joystick. There doesn't appear to be any way to select what controller is used by PF in the game menus, nor any real way to 'reorder' the controllers in the WindowsXP Pro controller list in the Control Panel...

Anyone know how I can fix this (other than unplugging the wheel every time I play PF)?

Thanks...

ladlon
02-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I have both a MOMO Racing Force wheel and a Saitek EVO joystick plugged into my PC (both USB), and when I load Pacific Fighters, it uses the wheel and not the joystick. There doesn't appear to be any way to select what controller is used by PF in the game menus, nor any real way to 'reorder' the controllers in the WindowsXP Pro controller list in the Control Panel...

Anyone know how I can fix this (other than unplugging the wheel every time I play PF)?

Thanks...

Ritter_Cuda
02-17-2006, 08:31 PM
go to controls in the game high light the x axis then move the stick do the same with the y when done test if backward do again and move stick other way
Cuda

ladlon
02-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Well, that's my point... The joystick doesn't work... It isn't seen by the controller settings screen. Moving the joystick doesn't make the axis display indicator move... It's looking at the wheel instead. Moving the wheel moves the dot.

At this point, only unplugging the wheel allows for the joystick to be used.

Anyone have any suggestions?

lairdperkins
02-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem. I haven't been able to find a solution for it yet. The Primary Controller option under Game Controllers does nothing.

I suspect it has to do with the order in which USB controllers were connected to the system. At some point I've been meaning to go into Device Manager and uninstall all the USB devices and then plug them back in... but it's going to be a major headache to get everything reinstalled and then probably have to re-specify all the axes etc in the various custom configs I've had to create.

So I just unplug the MOMO when I want to fly PF.

Whats worse though is GTA:San Andreas... which only sees the first controller... which means I have to unplug not on the wheel, but all three CH controllers as well before my Saitek gamepad will work~

Edit: The point I'm trying to make is that this is a problem with XP and USB device handling, not with PF.

ladlon
02-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi, Lairdperkins...

Good to hear someone else with the same issue (...well, sort of)... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ya, I suppose I'll try the uninstall controllers, install controllers deal. I tried plugging them into different ports, figuring maybe it would read the ports in a particular order... Nope.

Don't seem to have that problem with other programs, though I haven't really experimented too much. Weird that the MOMO is still 'seen', even when you turn off that Logitech controller screen that comes with it. Never really understood that. You need it running to have the wheel work (so they say), yet turning the program off still allows the wheel to function. A shame you can't turn the wheel off (yet still have it plugged in). Better still, it's too bad PF doesn't allow you to select the controller.

Argh... I was really hoping I wouldn't have to be crawling under my desk, through the rats nest of cables again... 5 USB ports, and I still have to pull cables. Blah...

FoolTrottel
02-18-2006, 04:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The joystick doesn't work... It isn't seen by the controller settings screen. Moving the joystick doesn't make the axis display indicator move </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The in game sensitivity settings screen only works for the first controller.
(That screen is just missing a 'controller selector' item in it.)
But, that does not mean your stick does not work! It does!.
This game supports up to four controllers.

What Ritter_Cuda said:
Go to Controls, and all the way down to the Hotas section.
You can assign any axis of any connected controller to any function listed there.
Looks like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/fooltrottel/Hotas.jpg

As for changing sensitivity settings for multiple controllers, see the link in my sig.

ladlon
02-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Hey, FoolTrottel...

Ya, I see what you're saying... You're right. The joystick does work when you are setting the controller assignments... just not the sensitivity. Cool, now I don't have to climb under the desk each time. Always nice.

I just wish I could find a way to set the joystick ID number to 1 (...it's at 2, even though the wheel is now set not to automatically take ID1). Ah, well... As long as it works.

Danke, FoolTrottel!