PDA

View Full Version : Assasin's Creed 3 Assasins

Ross_Auditore
07-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Ok, earlier today, I was playing a bit of AC" and realized there could be a connection between the CODEX wall and the LEGENDARY ASSASINS (used to unlock Altairs armour). So, according from my memory, in each country that we'll have to visit in AC2 has an Assination by the LEGENDARY ASSASINS in it. So Could we be going back to them ASSASINATIONS and discovering what REALLY HAPPEND?

SBRedFlag
07-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Probably not. I'd be very surprised if Ubisoft decided to move backwards in time rather than forward, and I've argued why elsewhere on the forums. Plus I don't see why Desmond would need to see what really happened, since it's inconsequential to the present day.

P.S. CAPS is unnecessary.

Murcuseo
07-30-2010, 08:43 AM
The only reason I'd accept them going backwards is to explain Subject 16s story in more dpeth... other than that it would ruin the flow of the series for me.

SBRedFlag
07-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Well, if you want to know about Subject 16's story, (and you know French or are willing to type the book into google translate), then you can buy that graphic novel. I think it was called Desmond, and it had him in it, I believe.

El_Sjietah
07-30-2010, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't take any fiction that doesn't come from Ubisoft as canon. Chances are Ubisoft has an entirely different take on the matter.

tyrce111
07-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
The only reason I'd accept them going backwards is to explain Subject 16s story in more dpeth... other than that it would ruin the flow of the series for me.

Has it ever been mentioned by someone before me that Lucy Stillman might be subject 16???

I mean, Come on!!
The death might just be a coverup...

But that dosent explain why lucy couldnt have just given Desmond the truth from the beginning or why she couldnt open that door at abstergo...

Ynow what..
NVM

El_Sjietah
07-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Or how she managed to write gigantic symbols all over the place using her blood without dying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SBRedFlag
07-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Or, you know, the whole gender thing...

Xanatos2007
07-31-2010, 09:14 AM
It wouldn't really bother me at all if the AC team moved further back in time - there aren't many periods forward in time they can explore without getting into a good few firefights along the way.

SBRedFlag
07-31-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm just gonna quote another post where I argued that moving an AC game to the time of Xerxes would be a bad idea:

Somehow, I don't think people would relish moving backwards in time, because as you do so, technologies disappear. The hidden gun would be gone, the poison blade would be gone, the ABILITY TO RIDE A HORSE IN COMBAT would be gone (good stirrups, which allowed for enough stablity to swing a sword on horseback weren't invented until much later). I just don't think it's a good idea at all.

El_Sjietah
07-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Agree on all points except the horse combat. People have been fighting on horseback for thousands of years already. Well before people even invented stirrups in the first place.

Jtansek2
08-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Agree on all points except the horse combat. People have been fighting on horseback for thousands of years already. Well before people even invented stirrups in the first place.

What would be interesting is to see what alternatives the Assassins found before these technologies were invented. Perhaps it would make them even more badass? Only if positioned just right tho i think.

Still as far as the sequels go, going back would only hold so much relevance. Perhaps Desmond would visit certain random memories only to find the exact details about the locations Minerva left behind for Ezio. That would add relevance to a third game if Desmond is going to save the world from the sattelite launch...

I like the idea of Subject 16 not dying quite yet but honestly I don't see how one could survive that kind of mental AND physical trauma. I think he should still have a presence in the 3rd game even if it isn't that he is still alive. Like they did for AC2

RipYourSpineOut
08-08-2010, 08:33 PM
I see no reason why they would go further back in time. Lucy only wanted Desmond to go through Ezio's memories to train him into enhancing his skill as an assassin. Going back in time further really wouldn't benefit them that much, unless, like everybody is suggesting, they try to go more in-depth with Subject 16's past.

Lexxbomb
08-14-2010, 07:37 AM
I think it should be pointed out that the technology that Ezio uses was revealed to Leonardo through the codecies (the plural of Codex). Given that the codex pages were written by an Assassin (probably Altair's son or grandson) it can be deduced that the technology in the codex pages comes from The Apple of Eden (piece of Eden 2 I believe). In the DLC of Assassins Creed II we see the Apple display many types of technology going upto our own level. From Assassins creed we learned that technology was a gift that man learned from the pieces of Eden... so maybe the assassins could have had stirrups...

personally I wonder if Ubisoft will ever use save game data from previous games to influence the next... such as why doesn't Ezio of Altairs amour on in Brotherhood given that we had it at the end of ACII

itsamea-mario
08-14-2010, 08:08 AM
well it altair himself who wrote the codecies.
and yeah he did get the information from the apple, he says so. especially the hidden gun, which would have been impossible without insight into advanced technology.

caswallawn_2k7
08-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

also poison has been used in assassinations since ancient times.

moving back in time wouldn't always cause a loss in tech, sure the gun would be gone but it was pretty pointless anyway, throwing knives are better. just like some ancient construction methods and manufacturing methods cannot be recreate today, for just a couple of examples structures made entirely of stone without any need for a substance such as concrete and yet still have it manufactured in a way so precise that you can't even get a sheet of paper between the blocks and then you have the number of blades from ancient times that are much stronger than any new blade due to manufacturing methods.

just because we have more technology doesn't mean we have better technology.

also as I have said every time this has came up, it has been stated by the developers that AC3 could even pre-date AC1.

itsamea-mario
08-14-2010, 08:45 AM
could have it in the stone age, in the original renaissance, with the invention of fire and the wheel, where the protagonist, ug ug og, must fight for retribution. hidden club anyone.

sorry.

i wouldn't mind a modern setting, with little trips back to he past through, either animus, or bleeding effect.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
08-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
could have it in the stone age, in the original renaissance, with the invention of fire and the wheel, where the protagonist, ug ug og, must fight for retribution. hidden club anyone.

sorry.

i would mind a modern setting, with little trips back to he past through, either animus, or bleeding effect.

lol mug ug og http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

xHITxChaos
08-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I disagree with sbredflag as the hidden gun comes from the codex, which was written by Altair, so any time from the third crusade means you can have the gun and also people, as said before, have been fighting on horseback for thousands of years the stirrups don't make a massive difference.
But I don't mind when or where they set the AC after Brotherhood.

Mr_Shade
08-14-2010, 10:31 AM
While this is an interesting thought, it is better posted in the online thread below:

AC3 and beyond... (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

Due to the release of the Beta, the forums will see more and more posters, so can we please get used to posting in existing threads?