PDA

View Full Version : Mutliplayer Crash/Freeze

SplntR
05-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Similar to the freezes others have experienced, I am also experiencing freezes. My performance clears both the minimum and the recommended system requirements. The only thing I am sceptical about is my graphics card being an 8800GT as it was not fully supported for 'Double Agent,' however still clearing requirements and being supported by this game.

The problem:
When I try playing multiplayer my game freezes up. The screen flickers a bit and the majority of the time I eventually get space invaded. Little space invaders appear on my screen, then once left for a while the system restarts.
I have tried playing on the lowest possible graphics settings for the game but a similar effect still happens. I can also play on pretty high graphics and resolution settings in single player and not one FPS lag or crash/freeze. This error only occurs playing multiplayer and this would imply its not specifically my PC performance.

I was able to play the game on multiplayer perfectly fine the first day I bought it. It then started getting this error on the final section of the 2nd level 'Russian Embassy.' So I decided to skip this level and try playing on from the beginning of the 3rd level, but then the error occurred with that as well. This all happened only on the co-op story mode at first. So we tried another game mode (Hunter) and at first we managed to play the game fine. Reached the last section of 'Russian Embassy' and the same error happened again. Now the error occurs every time we try playing multiplayer. We have tried playing the game by hosting on both PCs but it's only mine that freezes and gets space invaded, the other just crashes to windows again.

Regards

Chris

P.S. There is still a possibility this is a 'LAN' bug and haven't tried playing online yet.

SplntR
05-11-2010, 04:48 PM
BUMP!

SplntR
05-14-2010, 08:41 AM
BUMP

Anyone actually read this and got any ideas about it!? there must be someone? :/ it completely baffles me :/

anttonoo
05-14-2010, 10:32 AM
I have the same issue. Crashing alot in MP.

kape301
05-15-2010, 05:13 AM
If you are using ATI graphic card then make sure that it is updated with latest drivers also try to download ATI hotfix. This will make the issue that you face to sort. So do check out.

SplntR
05-16-2010, 06:53 PM
kape301, thanks for your input, and i dont mean any disrespect, but you clearly haven't read my post?...

The first part states i have an 8800GT which is an nvidia card. But following the advise i have tried all the very basic and obvious solutions that may fix the problem. Howevever, updating the drivers, checking the card performance ect hasn't resolved the issue.

So.... any other solutions or answers that you can think of?