PDA

View Full Version : FUSAG militaria

Esel1964
09-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Are there any collectors out there lucky enough to own any militaria related to "The First U.S. Army Group",i.e. the 'phantom division' that was a diversion pre D-Day?The one George Patton was in charge of after he 'got in trouble'.

Here are a few of the patches created to complete the hoax.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/DMFesel/patches.jpg

If you've got anything FUSAG related,you're doing better than me,I can't find any.I realize it's rare stuff because it was all created for a ruse. I know it exists because I know someone who's got a few patches,I just can't get lucky.

Waldo.Pepper
09-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Seen forgeries last year actually. Computerized sewing machines can knock them off in mere seconds.

Caveat emptor buddy.

Esel1964
09-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Seen forgeries last year actually. Computerized sewing machines can knock them off in mere seconds.

Caveat emptor buddy.

I definitely know what you mean about caveat emptor.I've been collecting Civil War-Viet Nam militaria since I was literally a kid-I once(I was probably 5-6 y.o.) found a pair of WW2 Airman's wings in my grandmother's gravel driveway,and was hooked from then on.
Anyway,I eventually worked my way around to WW2 German stuff;many moons ago fakes were scarce,now they're the "norm".In fact,I stopped buying 'Nazi' stuff because you have to be so careful,plus,I'm being priced out of the market as it skyrockets.

And to those who push the fakes I say caveat venditor!!