PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pe-2 and other addons

WildApes
05-02-2006, 01:42 PM
I purchased Il-2 Forgotten Battles from Direct2Drive. Will Pe-2 and other expansions work with this version of the game?

Also it says

<i>To play this expansion, you will need to have:

€ IL-2 Sturmovik" - Forgotten Battles
€ IL-2 Sturmovik" €" F.B. Ace Expansion Pack
€ Pacific Fighters"
+ patch v4.04</i>

Does this mean I need to have all three games for the PE-2 addon?

And finally, is Direct2drive a complete ripoff? They sell IL-2 FB alone for $20. I now see that Ubi.com has a flight collection with 3 games for $20... Are they a scam site or what?

WildApes
05-02-2006, 01:42 PM
I purchased Il-2 Forgotten Battles from Direct2Drive. Will Pe-2 and other expansions work with this version of the game?

Also it says

&lt;i&gt;To play this expansion, you will need to have:

€ IL-2 Sturmovik" - Forgotten Battles
€ IL-2 Sturmovik" €" F.B. Ace Expansion Pack
€ Pacific Fighters"
+ patch v4.04&lt;/i&gt;

And finally, is Direct2drive a complete ripoff? They sell IL-2 FB alone for $20. I now see that Ubi.com has a flight collection with 3 games for $20... Are they a scam site or what?

WTE_Galway
05-02-2006, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WildApes:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes

But the extra content in PF and AEP is massive compared to PE2 .. you areway better off getting them first anyway.

WildApes
05-03-2006, 12:50 PM
I see, I just read that direct2drive doesn't support expansions. So they are more or less a scam site IMO. I will never buy from them again.

Maraz_5SA
05-03-2006, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WildApes:
I see, I just read that direct2drive doesn't support expansions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's possible. Once you have your IL2-FB directory with all needed files, how can they prevent you from installing a patch (free or payware?)

Maybe someone knows better... :/

Maraz

WildApes
05-03-2006, 03:51 PM
It uses some external form of protection since there is no CD. Once a patch or expansion is installed it tries to look for a CD.

I emailed their tech support to request a refund and will call my bank if I don't hear back from them. I discovered this today

http://support.direct2drive.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.as...Offset=58+20+12+6+4+ (http://support.direct2drive.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=115&fieldOffset=14&hitOffset=58+20+12+6+4+)

Maraz_5SA
05-04-2006, 03:44 AM
I guess you need a "no-cd" rts.dll file.

Many of us are using that in order to avoid having to keep our original CDs into the drive (mine also had the habit of popping up with the PF menu when I was playing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Maraz

wintergoose
05-04-2006, 03:47 AM
where do I get a "no-cd" rts .dll file