PDA

View Full Version : Norden Bomsight?

chris455
07-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on using the Norden in the B-25? Also, any idea why the bombsight display seems to appear/disappear at will?
Thanks in advance for the help,
Chris

Platypus_1.JaVA
07-09-2005, 04:21 AM
There used to be a very good tutorial with everything you need to know here: http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm

but, I can't seem to find it anymore.

Still some good stuff to download from that site...

RxMan
07-09-2005, 10:37 AM
The bombsight appears only when the plane as been in stable flight for a period of time (yet to be determined) usually a few seconds, but it seems much longer. By stable flight I mean, level constant speed flight with very little yaw or bank. Once bombsight is active only use trim controls or you will lose it again.

FritzGryphon
07-09-2005, 10:40 AM
I'd suggest using level stabilizer while using the bombsight. Use rudder trim to turn left and right while in this mode.

Tooz_69GIAP
07-09-2005, 11:07 AM
It's not a Norden sight, it's a Loefte sight transplanted from the He-111 (the same sight is in the Betty). The only difference between the B-25 sight and He-111 sight is that the B-25 needs imperial units to input the airspeed, and altitude, etc.

However, there is a bug with the B-25 (at least there was pre 4.01m - haven't tested if it's been fixed) in the TAS input is faulty. I forget the exact details, but in testing a while ago I found that in order to get the correct airspeed for the sight, instead of inputting MPH you input Knots. I forget exactly how it works, but just bear that in mind when setting up your airspeed in the B-25.

chris455
07-09-2005, 12:06 PM
So, no tutorials on the He-111 sight even?
I guess I'll (horrors!) check the manual for some pointers.
Thanks guys!
S!

Tooz_69GIAP
07-09-2005, 12:51 PM
go to airwarfare.com to find some tutorials. I think there's some stuff on the heinkel there.

Also, Joe90 made a basic "how to" movie tutorial for the B-25. Check the Movie Forum for a link.

Seahawk89
07-09-2005, 01:16 PM
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm

All the guides you would need there.

Unfortunately it's a bad time to learn the B25, since the last patch the bomb sight is hitting short every time. Used to be dead on. Since the bomb sight is the same for the Betty and He-111 you may want to start with those first. They still hit dead on.

We have tried to figure out a way to adjust for the B25 but there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to the change. My advice for now is to input the correct numbers and simply aim long. Not fun when you are trying to hit a moving ship that is not traveling the same direction as your flight path, from 12,000 feet.