PDA

View Full Version : Gunnery Range for BoB

Choctaw111
03-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Since we have been talking about loading our own ammo belts why not have a gunnery range where we can individually aim each gun. Some pilots aimed them all at one point at a given distance and others preferred to have the rounds hit in a somewhat "spread out" pattern. I would like to this also in BoB. This would add yet another element to the pilots strategy.

3.JG51_BigBear
03-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Sounds good to me. I think it'd be great to stagger the convergence on Hurricanes and Spits with the eight .303s to get a cone of destruction going http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif.

LeadSpitter_
03-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Staggered Convergence is what your looking for and I hope they add it into bob as well, the p47 is the onlye plane then can slighting stagger convergence 4 outter wing .50s at 200 and 4 inner .50cals at 225.

We use to be able to do it with the 6 .60 cal wep 1 fired the outer mgs and weap 2 fired the inner two, it was nice being able to use staggered converage and would be best if we can change each gun from the ground

Aaron_GT
03-09-2005, 06:18 PM
It's more than just staggered convergence, but also patterns in the vertical, the idea being (for one of the patterns) that a Hurricane sitting behind an He111 could hit all parts of the engines both horizontally and vertically at the same time.

Choctaw111
03-09-2005, 06:52 PM
That is absolutely right. I do not just mean staggered convergence but the ability to manualy adjust the aim of each gun at the gunnery range. This way you can make your own patterns. You can either have them all converge on a point or adjust them so that they will have a more spread out pattern for those that want to increase the probability of a hit. Unfortunately if you spread out your pattern the chances for a hit increase but you will not be able to get mulitiple hits from multiple guns at the same time. It is kind of a strategy for a pilot. If the pilots gunnery is not so good then the pilot will want to scatter his shots a bit. On the other hand if a pilot has excellent gunnery skills then the guns should all be aimed at the same point to ensure maximum damage.