PDA

View Full Version : A particulary neat Idea in Battle of Britain...

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:03 PM
With all those Cockpit/Field of View Discussions around, I remembered a feature from a while ago, present in Rowans "Battle of Britain".

There you could look better over your left shoulder than over your right...why? Because of the hand on stick and throttle.

Found that to be a nice little detail.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:03 PM
With all those Cockpit/Field of View Discussions around, I remembered a feature from a while ago, present in Rowans "Battle of Britain".

There you could look better over your left shoulder than over your right...why? Because of the hand on stick and throttle.

Found that to be a nice little detail.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Don't we have that possibility now with mapping 'look back left/right' to the J/S?

or is that different from Rowen's views?, I don't as I've never played that game

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Back left/right was different.in Rowans game, that was what I was aiming at.

On one side you could look further back than on the other, depending on the historical seat/Throttle/STick position.

One side gave you a pretty good 180? look, the other was more restrictive. It was a good compromise of realistic feeling and unrestricted backview.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:24 PM
Ah gotcha, yeah that seems like a nice touch/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:33 PM
There's an historical detail on this fact. Galland was used to attack Spitfires from below and exctly from the right low side, for the reason you mentioned above.

Cheers

<FONT COLOR="yellow">BBB_ABRAXA</FONT>

<marquee> <FONT COLOR="red"> Si vis pacem, para bellum</FONT></marquee>

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 08:26 PM
You could also "lean" left and right in view which I thought was nice for taking off. (and combat at times). If memory serves (ive only recently reloaded BoB) you could also lean a tiny bit over the cockpit.I wont say what thread something like this would likely stop the argument of.All of these Rowan BoB view options would be well served in FB and beyond.

Murdock
SimCorner
http://geocities.com/murdocksimboy/

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 07:17 AM
well i am writting just to writte, notyhing to do with this posting, now i feel better

"Never forget the past so we dont make the same mistakes in the future"