PDA

View Full Version : Should I Get Assassin's Creed II?

TJByrum2
06-02-2010, 08:02 AM
I have I, and it is great. I love the idea of scaling all sorts of buildings, climbing on all kinds of things. I like the counters, combo kills, fighting the guards, doing the missions. I believe the only bad thing about this game is the dialogue between Al Mualim, with the Doc, and with the Bureau Guys.

Should I get ACII? What new features does ithave in it? And about the cutscenes, are they long, or can you skip them? I mean, I like the storyline and all, but if I want to replay it again I want to be able to skip all those scenes.

medavroog
06-02-2010, 08:49 AM
If shall you enjoy the gameplay and storyline of Assassin's Creed I, then I would recommend you to acquire the Assassin's Creed II (you do need a constant internet connection to play, this is important). The storyline continues deeper with Assassin's Creed II and, more mysteries are discovered (as well as left yet unanswered).

There are many new features with Assassin's Creed II, of the most famous is the Double Hidden Blades. In Assassin's Creed I, the Hidden Blade is a mere short blade on the left-arm whose only value is in assassinations. In Assassin's Creed II, we eventually will get one blade on each of the arms and, the blades are longer of which can be used as an actual weapon in combat (even when only having one of the two blades).

Ru1986
06-02-2010, 08:50 AM
The more you listen to the story lines the more you learn about history and the way the people were back then, you will also need to listen to them first time out you might be a bit cluless if you dont. AC2 is inffinatley better than AC1 and requires double (maybe tripple) the concentration and patience and the want to learn as well as enjoy the game. There are so many new things its impossible to list them on here well i could but thats maybe better for another post.

If you enjoyed the first one then you will love the second one but be patient the whole point of these games is to make you think its not GTA Liberty City (good game but too easy not enough thinking involved) its a game set in a period of history which comanded respect and has a very different outlook to it Glyphs for Example are a new feature were if you dont know about at least a little bit about history you will struggle allot. Of course utimatley you can buy it complete it not pay any attention to the Database, historical facts, historical info it gives you and any of the sotrys (there is not a skip feature that i know of on the XBOX) but i would say that would be a massive waste of 40 pound in my opinnion.

I personally do not see the point in getting this game if you are not prepared to listen to the storyline and really take a while to think about it, i must have had the game for about a year now am on about my 5th time of playing it and am still discovering new things and am still just as into it as when i first started playing it. If you prefer games which require no thinking atall and are mindless and pointless (were you can skip stories i.e. games made for jo public not people who appriciate the asthetics of gaming) then get CODMW2, which although its a good game (for midless moments) for a really good game to keep you playing for months (years in this case, also BTW, CODMW2 took me about a month and i was bored with that another pointless shootem up in my opinnion) games like AC are leagues ahead in my view and will keep you playing for ages.

Also i dont work for UBI i just eblieve this game is the best ever but you have to be prepared to be patient with it and think about it. Its not as big as something like Fallout3 so its not as long as all that Level building up and that (if you have played Fallout 3 you will know what i mean) its just perfect i think.

Its your choice of course i just wouldnt buy this game unles your prepared to give it the time it deserves. I think i am helped by studying the period they set it in and the fact the renaisence has interested me since i was a child. If you find the renaisence dull you will still enjoy the game as i say is much improved on AC1 even if you just look at the battle/assassination elements.

Your decission though mate best of luck.

Ru1986
06-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by medavroog:
If shall you enjoy the gameplay and storyline of Assassin's Creed I, then I would recommend you to acquire the Assassin's Creed II (you do need a constant internet connection to play, this is important). The storyline continues deeper with Assassin's Creed II and, more mysteries are discovered (as well as left yet unanswered).

There are many new features with Assassin's Creed II, of the most famous is the Double Hidden Blades. In Assassin's Creed I, the Hidden Blade is a mere short blade on the left-arm whose only value is in assassinations. In Assassin's Creed II, we eventually will get one blade on each of the arms and, the blades are longer of which can be used as an actual weapon in combat (even when only having one of the two blades).

How do you know what hes playing it on? if your on Xbox or PS3 you do not need any form of internet connection unless you want too go online multiplayer in AC:B but wait to November because its not out yet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif i dont know about the PC games like this are better kept to consoles IMO.

AMuppetMatt
06-02-2010, 09:03 AM
If you have a PS3:
Get it

If you have an Xbox:
Get it

If you have a PC:
Get it but make sure you have constant internet conection

Simple as that really, Assassins Creed 1 was my favourite game ever and I never, ever thought Ubisoft could top it. I feel like such an idiot now. Apart from a couple of little niggles, AC2 is about 4x better than AC1 (and that's not exaggerating). If you were going to get any game, I would get this one. I know I sound like a horrible little fanboy, but I really mean what I say.

Plus it also means you'll be ready for when AC: Brotherhood comes out. After all, you don't want to miss out on that multiplayer do you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif And as Assassins Creed: Brotherhood follows the same character as Assassins Creed 2, it's probably best you get that bit of the story line filled in

TJByrum2
06-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Ok, looks like I might try and get it. Either at the Jockey Lot, or at GameStop. The cheapest I found was 22.95... I am thinking about getting it.

It was either AC2, Lost and Damned, or Red Dead Redemption.... And currently I want all three. But AC2 seems promising... next up is Red Dead.

AMuppetMatt
06-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Definitely go for Red Dead, I haven't got it (and i doubt I will), but I've heard nothing but great things about it. I'm not sure whether AC2 will beat Red on your amazingness list (let us know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ), but it's deffo worth 22.95 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Marek86
06-02-2010, 09:29 AM
I just finished Red Dead Redemption this morning, and it is easily one of the most amazing games I have ever played in terms of story, gameplay, and just pure brilliant innovative content. It also had a great stretch of gameplay; I logged 25 plus hours into it. Its up to you though what you want to get. A sequel, or a whole new game entirely.

Ru1986
06-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Not played Red Dead but it looks ace. I dont think (this is only from what i have seen) it will be a patch on AC2 i think role play game wise the only thing that could beat AC2 is Brotherhood, AC3 because i guess they will only get better and Fallout3. I personally find Fallout 3 too much. AC2 was perfect for me but i think and AC game can always be expanded on thats one of the many beaties of the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif