PDA

View Full Version : Joystick woes! Please help!

Helpplease2006
03-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Hi! I have a old Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick I bought little used just today. I saw it working on the sellers computer, so the problem shouldn't be in the joystick. I have a decent-strong computer, enough to play the game in 1024x768x32 with all settings turned to "detailed, excellent and perfect" without stutters. I have Windows XP with service pack 2. Now to the problem. The "game controllers" option shows that the buttons of the joystick are registered on the computer when they are pressed, all of them. But the throttle and the twist handle won't seem to work. This can also be seen in IL2, all the buttons & their functions work, but the throttle and handle seems to be dead?

What can be done?

Regards,

Helpplease2006

Helpplease2006
03-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Hi! I have a old Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick I bought little used just today. I saw it working on the sellers computer, so the problem shouldn't be in the joystick. I have a decent-strong computer, enough to play the game in 1024x768x32 with all settings turned to "detailed, excellent and perfect" without stutters. I have Windows XP with service pack 2. Now to the problem. The "game controllers" option shows that the buttons of the joystick are registered on the computer when they are pressed, all of them. But the throttle and the twist handle won't seem to work. This can also be seen in IL2, all the buttons & their functions work, but the throttle and handle seems to be dead?

What can be done?

Regards,

Helpplease2006

Helpplease2006
03-05-2006, 01:23 AM
Sorry, posted in wrong forum. I have reposted in "Community Help", please remove this one if no replies have been posted.