PDA

View Full Version : Changes i would like to see

add996
04-13-2005, 01:24 PM
hi guys, just been stewing to myself about a few things i would like to have in SH3.. dont get me wrong i love this game to bits, but there is just a few things missing.

1. i would like to give the order for "rig for red" anytime i give the order just like in SH2

2. I would like to be able to input logs in the Captins cabin, the book is by the bed but i cant write anything in there ;-(

3. the in-game recognition manual, when you look at a target through the periscope and you flick through the recognition manaul to find a match... my question is wheres all the data gone that appears when you move the cursor over say the "boiler room" or the magazine store of the ship??... just like in the demo we have all watched the one with the iceburg and the battleship, and the boiler rooms are targeted and it goes black on the recognition manual??
i would like to have that in the game!

4. I would like to be able to operate the radio officers station, currently it pretty much does zipp. Also i would like to see better messages from BDU rather than "be more aggresive" or "keep up the good work"

5. The Enigma machine does zipp, i want to be able to press buttons on it... even if i dont understand how to work the dam thing ;-)

6. I would like to go berzerk with the flak and deck guns in the harbour shooting the **** out of everyone..... "thats a bit silly" ;-)

7. I would like access to the rest of the sub, what about the engine room, or torpedo rooms etc, maybe they could be put in an expansion upgrade etc.

Does anyone else have anything they would like to see in the game?

add

add996
04-13-2005, 01:24 PM
hi guys, just been stewing to myself about a few things i would like to have in SH3.. dont get me wrong i love this game to bits, but there is just a few things missing.

1. i would like to give the order for "rig for red" anytime i give the order just like in SH2

2. I would like to be able to input logs in the Captins cabin, the book is by the bed but i cant write anything in there ;-(

3. the in-game recognition manual, when you look at a target through the periscope and you flick through the recognition manaul to find a match... my question is wheres all the data gone that appears when you move the cursor over say the "boiler room" or the magazine store of the ship??... just like in the demo we have all watched the one with the iceburg and the battleship, and the boiler rooms are targeted and it goes black on the recognition manual??
i would like to have that in the game!

4. I would like to be able to operate the radio officers station, currently it pretty much does zipp. Also i would like to see better messages from BDU rather than "be more aggresive" or "keep up the good work"

5. The Enigma machine does zipp, i want to be able to press buttons on it... even if i dont understand how to work the dam thing ;-)

6. I would like to go berzerk with the flak and deck guns in the harbour shooting the **** out of everyone..... "thats a bit silly" ;-)

7. I would like access to the rest of the sub, what about the engine room, or torpedo rooms etc, maybe they could be put in an expansion upgrade etc.

Does anyone else have anything they would like to see in the game?

add

Pr0metheus 1962
04-13-2005, 01:41 PM
1. An outside sub view after you die. I want to be able to watch the sub go down, and then take a minute to check out what's going on up top. Surely a few minutes in-game to remember lost comrades isn't too much to ask.

2. At certain points in the career I'd like to know what's going on in the war around me. Nothing fancy, maybe a newspaper page with recent battles, etc.

3. At the end of the war, a nice movie showing footage of German cities in ruins, and perhaps a caption saying that I survived the war and I now have to help rebuild Germany.

4. Real water visibility as a realism option. Currently you can avoid depth charges by looking up through the sky periscope - no real U-Boat commander could do that because visibility underwater is virtually nonexistent.

That's all I can think of right now.

SwissSkipper
04-13-2005, 01:42 PM
beeing able to ride the torpedo....

microamp
04-13-2005, 03:36 PM
add996

#3 - The stuff is still there, you have be close to perpendicular to the ship, with in 1km, and the gyroangle has to be between 345-015, which varies on how far you are.

I had some pics showing how, but since the search here blows, I can't give you a link.

microamp
04-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Forgot to add, that it seems to not work when doing manual TDC.

add996
04-13-2005, 05:11 PM
cheers Micro

i have tried just about everything regarding "3" but i still cant get the dam recognition manual to display info i.e. "boiler room" or "weapons magazine" i have tried what you said but still nothing... can you you tell me step by step i.e what realism settings, etc to make this thing work???

cheers

add

microamp
04-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Ok, got all the pics I needed, the F5 pics were taken for this post from the torpedo tutorial, while the other pics were taken from career mode.

Lets say you got a contract directly north of you, seen in the picture below. Draw your lines out, approximately direction of his heading. Also, draw one line out perpendicular "T" from that line for you to line up your boat along that line.
http://www.broecker.us/misc/Silent_Hunter/Setting_Up_Perpendicular_To_Path.jpg

Ok, so now you should have line up your boat as I stated above. Picture below is how you want to be well before the cargo ship crosses your path.
http://www.broecker.us/misc/Silent_Hunter/Perpendicular_To_Path_Of_Ship.jpg
See now that the cargo ship is now @ 90 degrees off my port (left) side? And that when moving will cross my path?

Ok, so you been sitting in your conning tower waiting patiently for your target to get within the 1km range for the fuel/engine/propeller/etc. boxes to show up. In the picture below, you'll see that there are no boxes, even though I'm at 662m away from him. But note the Gyroangle is only at 344 (right side below notepad but above the 4 torpedo tubes.).
http://www.broecker.us/misc/Silent_Hunter/GryoAngle_344.jpg

Well, to get the boxes to show, I move my periscope slightly to the right to get the Gyroangle to 345, *poof* my boxes appear!
http://www.broecker.us/misc/Silent_Hunter/GyroAngle_345.jpg

Now, you can't click on the boxes yet, you have to press "L" to lock your periscope into your target. But if I were to do that now with the above picture, it would center back on the target and lose my boxes. Just wait a few seconds more and the boxes will become available again and you can click on them.

When you select what you want to hit, I suggest fuel for the instant death, it'll automatically set up the correct depth for your torpedo to run. At this point you only need to do 3 things, one is press F6 and set the torpedo to Impact. You don't want magnetic since the torpedo might explode prematurely. Second thing is to press "Q", open those torpedo doors before firing or you won't hit the fuel since it takes a while for them to open.

Lastly while looking at F6, you'll see your target, your U boat and that green thing coming out the nose from you. That green is the is the torpedo path to your target. Make sure you get that perpendicular to your target before firing. Reason is, that'll get you close to 90 degree shot as possible and the torpedo won't deflect.

Opps, I lied, one more thing... FIRE!

After all that, don't let this happen to you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
http://www.broecker.us/misc/Silent_Hunter/SilentHunter3-AirplaneDC.jpg

add996
04-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Nice work Micro, now i can get it to work...
thx very much for the info ;-)

adam

S VIIC_41
04-14-2005, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>beeing able to ride the torpedo.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silenhunter IV: Dr. Strangeboot Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Torpedo

I like it...

OttoVonGruber
04-14-2005, 06:34 PM
I would like to see English speaking Germans in the english voices, instead of the American voices, after all the Uboats were NOT crewed by Yanks lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif