PDA

View Full Version : If GUNS are in AC, how should the be used

Radman500
04-24-2011, 12:42 PM
in the case, guns are included how should they play out... meaning how would you like the gun mechanic to work, if there is guns, i would like to have some sort of execution thing... like you have a meter.. and once its full you can use a gun and you have like until the meter goes out, to use a gun...

what are your ideas.. i don't want to be able to use guns the whole time, there should be some restriction to them

i hope there are NO guns in AC3.. but in case they are.. how should they be implemented in AC

Chewitt321
04-24-2011, 01:27 PM
If guns are in the next AC then i would like them to be used like in mirrors edge I.e. You have to defeat the guard in a certain way to gain one and it has limited ammo so be frugal or find another one...

reini03
04-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I think it's quite nice as it is in AC II and Brotherhood.
Only 10 bullets (I wouldn't mind if it was only 5 or so, however) (10 if "buying" the UPlay reward), some time to aim (again, I wouldn't mind if the aiming-time was just as long as in the multiplayer) and hidden at the hidden blade. That is nearly perfect. Guns aren't even needed, however... we have throwing knives (which I just love) and since Brotherhood even a crossbow, both silent. Why use that loud gun?

itsamea-mario
04-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Well pretty much like how the crossbow was implemented.
Maybe a little less useful though.

crash3
04-24-2011, 03:36 PM
single shot only. take time to reload. have a more challenging aiming system than the lock on system

modern day should onl have silenced pistols or snipers rifles

itsamea-mario
04-24-2011, 03:43 PM
No sniper rifles, just pistols.

Rifles restrict parkour, and having dedicated sniper sections seems a little meh.

Think, the power of firearms has increased over time, but so has armour technology.
Pistols aren't the most accurate, nor the most powerful.
So i think in a modern day setting they could be quite a balanced weapon.

You can't deny the crossbow was really overpowered in ACB, it was quite fast, one hit kills, not too shabby a range and you could even counter attack with it.

Mic_92
04-24-2011, 04:17 PM
I hope they make them as they were back then, assuming AC3 is during the French revolution. They should be imprecise, which means you have to be pretty close for them to hit your target and they must take time to reload, like 20-30 seconds or something, so we don't overuse them like in ACB.

reini03
04-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
No sniper rifles, just pistols.

Rifles restrict parkour, and having dedicated sniper sections seems a little meh.

Think, the power of firearms has increased over time, but so has armour technology.
Pistols aren't the most accurate, nor the most powerful.
So i think in a modern day setting they could be quite a balanced weapon.

You can't deny the crossbow was really overpowered in ACB, it was quite fast, one hit kills, not too shabby a range and you could even counter attack with it.
I'd prefer having whether pistols nor rifles. Nothing. The Hidden Gun? Okay, but nothing more. Any gun in AC makes the game worse imho. Not that it is bad because of the Hidden Gun.

ChaosxNetwork
04-25-2011, 06:25 AM
If SemiAuto/Auto Guns are in the next game, then I wont be.

itsamea-mario
04-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Yeah yeah, but someone else will be, so they don't really care.
The crossbow was basically a handgun, it killed guards in one shot, and it wasn't exactly slow.
A real handgun implemented propperly won't do the game any harm.
Only your anti-modern prejudice.
There will still be stealth, much more so since guards will be harder to deafeat, with better weapons and armour.

reini03
04-25-2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah yeah, but someone else will be, so they don't really care.
The crossbow was basically a handgun, it killed guards in one shot, and it wasn't exactly slow.
A real handgun implemented propperly won't do the game any harm.
Only your anti-modern prejudice.
There will still be stealth, much more so since guards will be harder to deafeat, with better weapons and armour.

Let's all hope so.

TronVigilante
04-25-2011, 10:12 AM
I think it should take a similar approach to SC:Convictions. The whole idea that you could take everyone out on a map without even having to use a firearm.

Realistically, I assume that there would be 2 weapons. 1 would be a collapsable bolt action firearm (time to reload, aim and fire) and the second would be a pistol that is similar (if not) the hidden gun. I figure you won't need them because you should be able to maintain stealth.

itsamea-mario
04-25-2011, 10:47 AM
This is an old old old old old, debate.
And my stance is that if guns are implemented propperly, it's fine.
Including guns don't automatically make it a shooter, infact they increase the effectivness of stealth, ol' dezzy's not exactly going to run head on into a group of armed guards, he's more likely to sneak around and quietly stab or shoot them.

Remember when people where complaining about not wanting ANY guns in ANY AC games full stop.
Well there were guns in ACB and was the whole series ruined? Imo, no.
It wasn't the best game, but that's nothing to do with the guns.

If they keep this semi realistic then it will still be AC and not COD. We've already seen that modern guards aren't all likely to be armed.
If the game does go for a modern setting, i think ubi will still be capable of making a game worthy of the AC title.

Really hope i don't find myself eating my words.

lilbacchant
04-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Really hope i don't find myself eating my words.

If you do, make sure you aim the resulting puke in the proper direction (which is NOT at yourself). http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

GunnarGunderson
04-25-2011, 10:30 PM
realistic would work fine. In real life a silenced gun doesn't make a little "ptew", it's still quite loud. Keep the game focused on close combat and make guns a last resort

Johno_efc
04-26-2011, 11:34 AM
RPG

Lear1987
04-27-2011, 12:33 AM
If they implement a pistol i'd like to see 3 things implemented.

For regular ammo i'd put the limit at 2 clips. it's a fair amount of shots for as little as you should use it. Also Your Silencer should have a limited number of shots before it needs to be replaced. Given the realism they seem to aim for overall it should still be loud but more like someone slamming a large book. Guards should still notice.

If you include it you might as well move the poison darts to it as well. they'd naturally be quieter but they'd have less range and would take longer to aim.