PDA

View Full Version : canīt play

Bozo987
03-27-2010, 04:51 AM
I downloaded Assassins Creed from <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> and installed it. Now when I want to play it it ask me to register so I can play on inthernet, but I dont wanna play on inthernet. What should I do?

Rinocapz
03-27-2010, 05:02 AM
This game requires a CONSTANT connection to the internet. Guess your <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> didn't mention that.

Black_Widow9
03-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Bozo987:
I downloaded Assassins Creed from <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> and installed it. Now when I want to play it it ask me to register so I can play on inthernet, but I dont wanna play on inthernet. What should I do?

The reason the game requires a constant internet connection is so people cannot illegally download the game and try to play. I suggest buying it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Cris4liS
03-28-2010, 07:45 AM
And I suggest not to buy it :/. At least not till they fix countless bugs/glitches/lowfps/freezes.

All I've been doing for the last 5 hours: googling 'how to fix this', 'how to fix that', reinstalling the game in hopes it would help (and now all my saves are lost). Very encouraging, isn't it? <_<.
Does Ubisoft have at least some kind of rudimentary custommer support? 'Cause I don't see any o.O
Sigh.. I want my money back :S

Heelflip
03-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Can you post your specs and what exactly isn't working? I think in most cases the reason for problems is just user not taking care of his OS.

Murcuseo
03-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Cris4liS:
And I suggest not to buy it :/. At least not till they fix countless bugs/glitches/lowfps/freezes.

All I've been doing for the last 5 hours: googling 'how to fix this', 'how to fix that', reinstalling the game in hopes it would help (and now all my saves are lost). Very encouraging, isn't it? <_<.
Does Ubisoft have at least some kind of rudimentary custommer support? 'Cause I don't see any o.O
Sigh.. I want my money back :S

Theres probably multiple reasons for that, but I'm prosuming it's more to do with your system than the game...

List some of these glithes/bugs and your system info...plus run DXDiag and post it in the tech forum.

Then wait for a response, you'll probably find a lot out that way.... the customer support is there if you're patient!!!

Is it just me or do a fair amount of folk posting on this forum not know how to use it properly lol

Cris4liS
03-29-2010, 02:15 AM
My hardware is same/better then recomended spec and my OS is one week old with latest updates/drivers. Assassin's Creed is the only game I'm having problems with (from several dozens of others). I can play Crysis on max quality settings and 16q AA while AC lags as hell on med spec and often freeze. I can play Warhammer Online with a download in the background and ping never goes over 100 while AC server drops connection every 15min (only occures during playing AC). Ecio's cape sometimes stretches like 10 feet away, camera goes through geometry, onscreen messages do not decay etc, etc..
So yeah, I'm just a raging noob that doesn't know how to take care of my OS ><

Heelflip
03-29-2010, 04:07 AM
Having 1 week old OS doesn't help if you're installing one game after another without some registry cleaning and a restart after every install. Also, don't install every software you come across. Some combinations of software work together like 2 AVs, if you now what I mean.
If you're constantly doing all necessary things to keep your OS clean, then you should indeed post your dxdiag in Tech Help forum, otherwise it might be a problem on your side.

Murcuseo
03-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Cris4liS:
My hardware is same/better then recomended spec and my OS is one week old with latest updates/drivers. Assassin's Creed is the only game I'm having problems with (from several dozens of others). I can play Crysis on max quality settings and 16q AA while AC lags as hell on med spec and often freeze. I can play Warhammer Online with a download in the background and ping never goes over 100 while AC server drops connection every 15min (only occures during playing AC). Ecio's cape sometimes stretches like 10 feet away, camera goes through geometry, onscreen messages do not decay etc, etc..
So yeah, I'm just a raging noob that doesn't know how to take care of my OS ><

lol again, list your glitches and system info then run DXDiag and post it in the tech forum... I've only just noticed the mods edit in your post.

I'm prosuming theres more to this than I first thought...