PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the Lobby...

NHawk52
06-09-2006, 05:20 PM
I fired up the Hyperlobby a night or two ago and then was totally lost and dumbfounded (the latter being an all too frequent occurance http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif ). I've done a good deal of onlining with NR2003, but there were never so many and varied servers to decifer. It reminded me of the old MASH signpost with dozens of directional arrows to choose.

I'd hoped to spot an obvious appropriate server for rookies with some allowances in the realism settings where I might get some online time and get to know some peoples. However it appeared that one must already have the practice and already know the people before they might know where to go. Server names appeared to be groups without telling you who, what, and where - at least in racecar onlining, you knew up front what track they were running, what cars they were driving, and who was running it.

So, I guess my question is - how does one know from the Lobby who is flying what, where, and how? (I did determine how to see the realism settings, but there're a LOT! of servers to have to check individually.

Thanks

NHawk52
06-09-2006, 05:20 PM
I fired up the Hyperlobby a night or two ago and then was totally lost and dumbfounded (the latter being an all too frequent occurance http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif ). I've done a good deal of onlining with NR2003, but there were never so many and varied servers to decifer. It reminded me of the old MASH signpost with dozens of directional arrows to choose.

I'd hoped to spot an obvious appropriate server for rookies with some allowances in the realism settings where I might get some online time and get to know some peoples. However it appeared that one must already have the practice and already know the people before they might know where to go. Server names appeared to be groups without telling you who, what, and where - at least in racecar onlining, you knew up front what track they were running, what cars they were driving, and who was running it.

So, I guess my question is - how does one know from the Lobby who is flying what, where, and how? (I did determine how to see the realism settings, but there're a LOT! of servers to have to check individually.

Thanks

Firebird_79vRAF
06-09-2006, 06:04 PM
~S~

Without knowing exactly what settings your looking for it is hard to determine what server would be the best for you. Then you also have to take into account the "each their own" factor.

So, realistically the best way to do it is the track you are on. Click on the servers to see their settings and version and when you try a few and find one you like, stick with it.

kajr
06-10-2006, 05:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NHawk52:
totally lost and dumbfounded </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do not know anyone on Hyperlobby, and you are new to it, I can understand your frustration. It truly is a worldwide lobby, quite often with competing languages and skill levels.

And when you get into a dogfight, you rarely will know anyone you are flying with. The closest I get to comraderie (sp?) is flying a bomber and then the fighters on my side spontaneously come to my defence when the enemy pounces. Of course the enemy usually shoots me down before I can drop my load. I find dogfight time on HL extremely "me time".

So if you want to try that out... with easier settings, I would suggest flying 334th-Dedicated, =AFJ=Dedicated= or UKDedicated1 (if you are Europe based). 334th even has TeamSpeak setup, so you can chat with pilots. And each server has a website for more information about their server and/or squadron.

On the Squadron side, that is where you will meet people and get to know them. I just joined the VMF-124 squadron, and they are all a great group of guys. Most squadrons schedule planned missions together, which is awesome. I flew my first mission with them last weekend, and had a great time. Getting to know everyone, them getting to know me, and working together towards a common goal. And all on TeamSpeak, too, so its not all chat. My squadron has guys from the US, Europe, and Australia.

So I would not get discouraged. It will take some time, but you will get to know some people. It will get better.

And if you are looking for a great squadron to get involved in, PM me, and I can hook you up with our CO. Salute!

OH, and if you want to fly non-combatant style, we air race Friday nights, Its also a great group of guys, and an awesome way to meet other pilots. PM me if you want more info on air racing.

Jumoschlong
06-10-2006, 01:29 PM
You should try out the All Seeing Eye software. It is similar to Hyperlobby, but it has more servers, and plainly shows each servers difficulty settings and much more information that is hard to get or cannot be got at all with Hyperlobby.

Just do a search for it and you will find it on the WWW.

Jumo*******

Ju

Taylortony
06-10-2006, 02:26 PM
I have been thinking of this, on ubi you could run into problems with the game being in a different location.......... say u put it on d drive or in a folder called games, is that possible that your game is in a different location so when hyperlobby looks for it in the normal default location ie c drive programme files it fails to find it, can you set the path on hyperlobby so find the game? also ask in the community help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif