PDA

View Full Version : MADDENING problem with trim!

Hawgdog
12-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Each, and every time I spawn, new plane map change etc, my rudder trims to the right two degrees.
I go external, look at the tail and watch it click twice back to center when I tag the mapped key to "center rudder trim".
Ideas or thoughts how to eliminate this?
Its finally gotten to be habit to zero it, but for some time till I figured it out it was hell. I have recalibrated the CH pedals about two dozen times and reinstalled them alreay.
Trim is mapped to nostromo 52 wheel-
regards

Hawgdog
12-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Each, and every time I spawn, new plane map change etc, my rudder trims to the right two degrees.
I go external, look at the tail and watch it click twice back to center when I tag the mapped key to "center rudder trim".
Ideas or thoughts how to eliminate this?
Its finally gotten to be habit to zero it, but for some time till I figured it out it was hell. I have recalibrated the CH pedals about two dozen times and reinstalled them alreay.
Trim is mapped to nostromo 52 wheel-
regards

FoolTrottel
12-30-2005, 11:12 AM
What plane?

I've spent some time trying to center the Rudder on the IL2, which is allways a bit offset to the left.
I now just assume it is normal, and as I'm using (homebuilt) pedals, trimming rudder is no issue for me ...

Hawgdog
12-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Every plane.
someone posted to try and remap the trim off the wheel of the nostromo.
No luck.
Keeps spawning trimmed rudder a click or two off center.
bah!

Jetbuff
12-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Are you sure it's trim and not an offset rudder axis? I get the latter and it looks like trim because of the spiky jumps.

Waldo.Pepper
12-30-2005, 03:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetbuff:
Are you sure it's trim and not an offset rudder axis? I get the latter and it looks like trim because of the spiky jumps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My bet.

Hawgdog
12-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Hmm, I assumed it was trim- I mapped a key for "neutral rudder trim".
When I hit that I can watch the rudder take two steps back to line up.

Where'd I check for the offset axis?

regards

Jetbuff
01-23-2006, 07:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawgdog:
Hmm, I assumed it was trim- I mapped a key for "neutral rudder trim".
When I hit that I can watch the rudder take two steps back to line up.

Where'd I check for the offset axis?

regards </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Any joystick calibration device should show if your trim axis is not centering properly.

Hawgdog
01-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Yup, its centered correctly, I use the CH manager or whatever its called.
And, its still doing it. Allies planes seem to be the primary affected. But german bombers and some others too.
Nope, gotta be the game. I know the easy answer is reinstalled, save all your missions, skins, stick settings, config settings, etc etc and hope its not there when you reinstall all (above list( http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jetbuff
01-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Check that the CH stick's throttle wheel is not inadvertently mapped to rudder trim is the only thing I can think of atm. That, or one of your macros that you use at engine start are what's causing it - inputting some rudder trim keypresses by mistake. Naturally German fighters wouldn't show this since they don't have rudder trim.

Hawgdog
01-23-2006, 07:49 AM
d'oh! No wonder LOL

ok, thats a good idea, I'll check it.
I went thru this whole setup a while ago, but its worth a try.

regards-

major_setback
01-23-2006, 08:23 AM
I had a similar problem a while back...somehow the trim had been mapped to mouse movement.

SithSpeeder
01-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Try mapping your start engine button to a macro instead of "I". The macro would contain "I" and "&lt;button for centering trim&gt;".

For my Saitek setup, I have a two engine sequence startup that turns my cockpit light on. The beauty is, it works for one or two engine planes. It looks something like:

Press and Hold Button A:
Start Engine 1 (immediately)
Start Engine 2 (if still held after 1.5 seconds)

Release Button A:
Select All Engines
Turn on cockpit lights

To this, you could add on the release "neutral trim".

Just a thought.

* _54th_Speeder *

Hawgdog
01-23-2006, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SithSpeeder:
Try mapping your start engine button to a macro instead of "I". The macro would contain "I" and "&lt;button for centering trim&gt;".

For my Saitek setup, I have a two engine sequence startup that turns my cockpit light on. The beauty is, it works for one or two engine planes. It looks something like:

Press and Hold Button A:
Start Engine 1 (immediately)
Start Engine 2 (if still held after 1.5 seconds)

Release Button A:
Select All Engines
Turn on cockpit lights

To this, you could add on the release "neutral trim".

Just a thought.

* _54th_Speeder * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm, I'll try that tonight

jds1978
01-23-2006, 02:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">major_setback
Posted Mon January 23 2006 07:23
I had a similar problem a while back...somehow the trim had been mapped to mouse movement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can only imagine the frustration http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

reverendkrv1972
01-23-2006, 06:16 PM
send me you're Pedals...problem solved! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

hope you get it fixed Hawgdog.

I haven't any pedals,will have to get some at some point.