PDA

View Full Version : Problem with viewpoints

freddie_1897
11-20-2011, 06:43 AM
There are a lot of viewpoints in Constantinople that really really big. But they don't feel that big to me because it takes about 10 secs to get up most of them. The biggest one, which I think is galata tower, only takes about 30 secs to get up. It dosnt feel like I earned it. What happened to finding a separate path up because you can't get up that way? In AC 1 the church in acre takes forever to find out how to get up. In AC 2 there's the tower in Florence, the only way to get up is via another building and you have to get climb leap first. AC B there is the castello, even though it's not a viewpoint Its still really difficult climb which takes skill and is really rewarding with the view on the top. With AC R you just need to wait two minutes into the game to get the hook blade and you can climb everything by just pressing X (for ps3) The Galata has an amazing view but you don't take your time looking at it because if you go back down or fall off and die you just climb it again and your back up there in a moments glance. It dosnt feel like I've earned it.
Please Ubisoft, make some harder climbs for AC 3. Or viewpoints will be become quickly boring. It needs to be a challenge.

tjbyrum1
11-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Part of the reason is because Ezio's free-running capabilities are quicker with each game.

The Hookblade's spring-loaded action where Ezio vaults himself up a wall increases speed and distance covered by a large amount, though you may not realize it.

Whereas it would have taken Altair about 3 minutes to climb a viewpoint, Ezio's quicker climbing abilities would only take him maybe 1 minute to climb the same viewpoint.

Sarari
11-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Are you required to use the hookblade while climbing the Galata Tower? Or are there other routes to get to the top?

tjbyrum1
11-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Unsure, but on one of the first missions you have to climb Galata Tower under 60 seconds for full sync.

I did not get full sync, and failed to get it about 2 seconds from reaching the top. So Galata Tower, with use of the Hookblade, took me about 62 seconds.

The Hookblade is incorporated into the animations of climbing buildings, not to msething you necessarily use. However, you can 'use' it when you climb-leap.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Are you required to use the hookblade while climbing the Galata Tower? Or are there other routes to get to the top?
You can climb it before you have the hookblade by using the climb jump.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by freddie_1897:
There are a lot of viewpoints in Constantinople that really really big. But they don't feel that big to me because it takes about 10 secs to get up most of them. The biggest one, which I think is galata tower, only takes about 30 secs to get up. It dosnt feel like I earned it. What happened to finding a separate path up because you can't get up that way?

I hate to say it but I like it this way now - to me, taking so long to climb was more of a tedious pain.
I'm enjoying it not taking forever like before.