PDA

View Full Version : Any way to bypass FMB object limit?

Alloy007P
08-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Is there any way at all?! I'm trying to make some monster missions.

M_Gunz
08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
You know that such will take monster computers to run? And connects to match?
Not saying you shouldn't but just watch out. A few well guarded airfields can drag a server
right down.

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Alloy007P:

Object limit?

I have over 40,000 objects on a map...no problem. What exactly are you trying to do?

DuxCorvan
08-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Chris, I guess he means flights and planes per flight.

Uberdemon's mission generator (UQMG) can put lots of birds in a mission -don't know how- but that's not exactly FMB. You can use one FMB mission as seed in UQMG, I think, but it may be hard or complex to do.

Never tried myself.

stalkervision
08-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Excellent question! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

M_Gunz
08-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by BBB462cid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alloy007P:

Object limit?

I have over 40,000 objects on a map...no problem. What exactly are you trying to do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif eeek!

How's it compare to the Black Death benchmark mission? It would kill my PC to seconds per
frame if it could load at all!

Alloy007P
08-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
Chris, I guess he means flights and planes per flight.

Uberdemon's mission generator (UQMG) can put lots of birds in a mission -don't know how- but that's not exactly FMB. You can use one FMB mission as seed in UQMG, I think, but it may be hard or complex to do.

Never tried myself.

So I make a mission with UQMG that has all my planes/ objects and open it up with FMB?

DuxCorvan
08-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Well, the problem there is that UQMG 'randomizes' the objects, targets, etc, following a series of parameters, so you'd have to get them very tight so the mission is not too altered. Remember that UQMG was made to have new missions to play not knowing exactly where and when you were going to face enemy opposition -so you wouldn't get bored by flying a mission you made yourself.

Anyway, you should try UQMG and read more about it yourself, since I haven't used it lately.