PDA

View Full Version : Buildings dont look to me as realistic as the ones in the first game?

sanjose_911
06-06-2009, 12:34 PM
When I watched the daylight part in the demo walking on the roof I followed closely the buildings in the far and near distance and Iam not sure if its me but the buildings seem to me much less realistic as in AC1, they look now like a cartoon.

sanjose_911
06-06-2009, 12:34 PM
When I watched the daylight part in the demo walking on the roof I followed closely the buildings in the far and near distance and Iam not sure if its me but the buildings seem to me much less realistic as in AC1, they look now like a cartoon.

drfeelgood8849
06-06-2009, 12:42 PM
early-ish build, there is still some polish to be done.

caswallawn_2k7
06-06-2009, 02:05 PM
yeh the game will still be in a relitivly early build they have about another 6 months of production to go so the graphics/world building team will probly be no were near finnished.

moqqy
06-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, AC1's release version looked a lot better than the one shown at E3.

KillerTortilla
06-06-2009, 06:34 PM
You could also enter the city on horse in the early build *cough* just saying.

Cpt_Yanni
06-07-2009, 12:41 AM
the horse was pretty buggy in the first one... And it was better that you couldn't enter the city with the horse... Although it would be cool if you could... But i'm happy with AC1 and i hope i'll be twice as happy with AC2 ^^

Silhouette1991
06-07-2009, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When I watched the daylight part in the demo walking on the roof I followed closely the buildings in the far and near distance and Iam not sure if its me but the buildings seem to me much less realistic as in AC1, they look now like a cartoon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't worry,be happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.i saw buildings too,they really don't look nice but the game is only in a test phase,and like others say:"there's more polishing to be done",and I agree.The game's gonna be great

Silhouette1991
06-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Calm down dude,maybe they didn't had the money to visit the Venice and take some pictures hahah xD

Sypron
06-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Considering theres only 5 months until the game is released, I don't think the buildings will be changed.

If you look at the developement of most games, usually the assets (art) and engine are the first things to be built. Consider the time it would take them to re-model every building in every city.
Developers don't often create entire cities then later scrap all of the art work, it just takes far too much time.
The last 5 months of the games developement will likely be spent on optimising the engine, fixing bugs, organising release versions and extra content, and tweaking the gameplay. I highly doubt at this stage they will decide to remodel Venice.

moqqy
06-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Obviously they won't re-model the buildings, but there will be polish to make them look better.

Sypron
06-08-2009, 07:58 AM
I don't think thats what 'polish' means, when you're talking about a game.

If you look at AC1's show at E3, the Talal mission, you see that its identical to the final version of the game. And AC1 came out 5 months after that showing at E3, just like AC2 will come out 5 months after it's E3 showing.

Coolgerb
06-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Don't worry. You're forgetting a few facts:

1. Ubisoft is very experienced at making games, they belong to the legendary game developers (which include Blizzard, Nintendo, Bethesda, Bioware, etc). You can be almost certain it will be okay.

2. They have a HUGE team working on AC2, not to mention they increased its budget as well (while it was already huge). Don't underestimate the amount of things that can be done / fixed in 5 months.

moqqy
06-08-2009, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sypron:

If you look at AC1's show at E3, the Talal mission, you see that its identical to the final version of the game. And AC1 came out 5 months after that showing at E3, just like AC2 will come out 5 months after it's E3 showing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isn't identical.. In the E3 video, Talal says "hashashin!" while in the final game he says "assassin!". Ha!

Grandmaster_Z
06-08-2009, 02:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sanjose_911:
When I watched the daylight part in the demo walking on the roof I followed closely the buildings in the far and near distance and Iam not sure if its me but the buildings seem to me much less realistic as in AC1, they look now like a cartoon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dude, don't kill yourself yet..i'm sure the graphics will look even more polished than ac1..

caswallawn_2k7
06-08-2009, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sypron:

If you look at AC1's show at E3, the Talal mission, you see that its identical to the final version of the game. And AC1 came out 5 months after that showing at E3, just like AC2 will come out 5 months after it's E3 showing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
your also forgetting the AC2 team is 3 or 4 times the size of the AC1 team. so they can in theory do alot more work in 5 months than the original team could, also you are wrong the art is commonly never finnished till very close to release as bug's can occur with how the make the meshes as well as the code.

art is actualy one of the most common changes between alpha, beta and retail. the rest of the changes are generaly just ballencing issues and the odd hicup in the code.

what was shown in E3 by the way they got into it and how it worked was a build made just for E3 so it probly only contained the basic path needed to get to the flying machine and the route used by the flying machine, the rest was probly just done by a sky box or low detail stand in modles.

this allows the world builders to setup the maps while the graphics team can finish working on the meshes so when it gets closer to launch everything just sticks together and there is maybe only a couple of minor tweeks needed in the mapping and graphics.

Silhouette1991
06-08-2009, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It isn't identical.. In the E3 video, Talal says "hashashin!" while in the final game he says "assassin!". Ha! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The hashashin was the real name.In 12th century there was a cult named like that and members were assassins too.I really don't know why did they changed the name :/

moqqy
06-08-2009, 03:19 PM
The hashashin wasn't really the real name.. it wouldn't have been very realistic anyways to call them that, even in the game as only one or two muslim scholars (I'm being generous, if my memory serves me right it was one muslim who wasn't even a scholar) who called them "hashashins".

Why they removed it? They didn't want to offend anyone!

SWJS
06-09-2009, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
The hashashin wasn't really the real name.. it wouldn't have been very realistic anyways to call them that, even in the game as only one or two muslim scholars (I'm being generous, if my memory serves me right it was one muslim who wasn't even a scholar) who called them "hashashins".

Why they removed it? They didn't want to offend anyone! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The Hashshashin was the Persian derived name for a branch of assassins from a muslim organization known as "Ism?'?l? Shia". It is where the term "assassin" was thought to have originated from.

moqqy
06-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Uh, yes, it's the wrong name. Only one muslim used it and a few crusaders. Then it spread like a wildfire and even nowdays people think they were called "hashashin" among the local populace or among themselves.

SWJS
06-09-2009, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
Uh, yes, it's the wrong name. Only one muslim used it and a few crusaders. Then it spread like a wildfire and even nowdays people think they were called "hashashin" among the local populace or among themselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So? AC is a science fiction game. The Piece of Eden was said to cause every religious christian event, the Animus couldn't possibly exist, and Genetic Memory is highly improbable. They could call the order The Jackson 5 and I would care less. I enjoy the story none-the-less. I'm not worried about what the order's real name is. I just want to enjoy the games.

moqqy
06-09-2009, 04:51 PM
????????????????

What's your point, exactly? You jumped in when the other guy said hashashin is the real name.

So...

?????????????????????

SWJS
06-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I was trying to prove one or the other right in order to get the argument over with. However, I've come to find everyone on the forum obssessive and no matter how many times I try to prove something, they'll always find something to nitpick at. So I'm just going to disscuss how awesome Assassin's Creed II will be.

grashopper
06-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Not enough buildings that look like Optimus Prime eh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Silhouette1991
06-10-2009, 02:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Uh, yes, it's the wrong name. Only one muslim used it and a few crusaders. Then it spread like a wildfire and even nowdays people think they were called "hashashin" among the local populace or among themselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah,I read it in the game magazine.They said that guild of assassins in the AC1 was called hashashins and that's why I thought that that is the real name.Thx for the explanation.I will never trust stupid magazines http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Silhouette1991
06-10-2009, 02:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was trying to prove one or the other right in order to get the argument over with. However, I've come to find everyone on the forum obssessive and no matter how many times I try to prove something, they'll always find something to nitpick at. So I'm just going to disscuss how awesome Assassin's Creed II will be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you're right.We shouldn't fight each other,we should exchange our informations about the AC1 and AC2 and each others ideas about the game and try to make Ubisoft to use some of those ideas,right?http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SWJS
06-10-2009, 02:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silhouette1991:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was trying to prove one or the other right in order to get the argument over with. However, I've come to find everyone on the forum obssessive and no matter how many times I try to prove something, they'll always find something to nitpick at. So I'm just going to disscuss how awesome Assassin's Creed II will be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you're right.We shouldn't fight each other,we should exchange our informations about the AC1 and AC2 and each others ideas about the game and try to make Ubisoft to use some of those ideas,right?http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif