PDA

View Full Version : *HUGE SPOILER* The ending of ACB, all who finished look at this.*SPOILER*

ExprtAssassin
11-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Okay guys so at the end of it, Desmond kills Lucy as you all know. Here is something most everyone probably did not catch. LUCY HAS ALL 10 FINGERS. In AC1, Lucy shows Desmond her severed finger, showing she is an assassin. She has all 10 fingers when she is killed by Desmond.

I am pretty sure that ubi did that on purpose,so my thought is that Lucy has been captured, and Abstergo put in a fake Lucy, maybe a clone. You never got to see if she was an actual assassin by showing off her skills, she had to go with Shaun and Rebecca. So I think Desmond killed a templar version of Lucy.

Ubisoft wouldnt make a big enough mistake to forget to have a severed finger on Lucy, so I think it is purposeful.

SWJS
11-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Lucy wasn't missing a finger. She folded it back.

Foxo_11
11-21-2010, 11:47 PM
A nice theory, but I'm fairly sure Eziotheassassin's right.

AssassinsFaithX
11-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Lucy got stabbed, but I do not believe she's dead.

Also, yeah, she folded her finger back to show Desmond she knew what he saw, and was, and was an Assassin herself.

dirty_danty
11-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by ExprtAssassin:
Okay guys so at the end of it, Desmond kills Lucy as you all know. Here is something most everyone probably did not catch. LUCY HAS ALL 10 FINGERS. In AC1, Lucy shows Desmond her severed finger, showing she is an assassin. She has all 10 fingers when she is killed by Desmond.

I am pretty sure that ubi did that on purpose,so my thought is that Lucy has been captured, and Abstergo put in a fake Lucy, maybe a clone. You never got to see if she was an actual assassin by showing off her skills, she had to go with Shaun and Rebecca. So I think Desmond killed a templar version of Lucy.

Ubisoft wouldnt make a big enough mistake to forget to have a severed finger on Lucy, so I think it is purposeful.
fail of epic proportions

BigDawgGP45
11-22-2010, 08:43 AM
That could be a possibility in one part when you leave the animus she's no where to be found then you use your eagle vision and there is a trail leading to the front steps of the villa and end there

Theassassin4756
11-22-2010, 08:06 PM
and what color was the assassin symbols at the end... red u say? no way!

rknall
11-23-2010, 01:57 AM
If you did not let the credits roll, you might have missed the finer details of this scene. It appears from some voices heard throughout the credits (2 minutes in I think), that the WHOLE scenario of desmond appears IN AN ANIMUS. He never left Asbergo, if he even is the one in the Animus.

My guess, either he is, or it is Subject 16 all along.

RequiemDogma
11-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by rknall:
If you did not let the credits roll, you might have missed the finer details of this scene. It appears from some voices heard throughout the credits (2 minutes in I think), that the WHOLE scenario of desmond appears IN AN ANIMUS. He never left Asbergo, if he even is the one in the Animus.

The voices say something along the lines of:

(Unidentified speaker, possibly William M)
He's going into shock, get him back in the Animus!

(Unidentified 2)
But it's what's caused this in the first place.

(UID)
Am I the expert here or not, do it.

(Desmond)
No.

I didn't get the impression at all that he's been put in a dream within a dream.

RomanDozer
11-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I wondered myself what the hell happened to Lucy. For almost 3 sequences she is MIA and nowhere to be found in Monteriggioni ( I spent an hour hitting every nook and cranny, with and without eagle vision).

I wouldn't doubt it if the "Greater Power" helped Desmond do what I knew was coming... kill the mole the Templar's planted. At least that's what I'm sticking to.

The end sequence of voices with someone telling another to stick Desmond back in the Animus and Desmond says in a desperate way, "No!...", tells me that maybe it's true and Lucy was kidnapped and replaced and the agent the Templars placed with the team pretending to be Lucy, was letting them know the progression the team made to the apple. The Templars have the apple now and I bet the other piece of Eden is where Desmond comes in. They want it all, each piece, however many there are and they are holding Desmond again. It was all for nothing...

On another note, I'd like to think Ezio died in a peaceful way. I don't know what to think but one thing is for sure, the next release of this series is going to blow all the others away in terms of depth (story and character) and size and scope. That was one emotional ride, Ubisoft (thanks much in part to beautifully articulated attention to detail in EVERY gorgeous surface in the game and the music. Wow...the music...omg wow).

I'm sad it's over though and wishing I would have taken more time to play but the problem I have with these games is once I start playing them, I_cannot_stop. I don't want to stop either. I get completely immersed in the game world.

Wonderful ending though, I loved it!!!
Thanks again UBISOFT and players continuing to support this series.

DSoul

p.s.
That was a double agent, it wasn't Lucy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RomanDozer
11-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Maybe Lucy was working with the Templars all along and since AC:1 the whole thing to look Desmond's friend was a fake.

Who knows. I bet Ubisoft doesn't know and they're reading all these speculations to come up with ideas on how they can scramble our brains again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Mysterio43
11-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by DespondentSoul:
Maybe Lucy was working with the Templars all along and since AC:1 the whole thing to look Desmond's friend was a fake.

Who knows. I bet Ubisoft doesn't know and they're reading all these speculations to come up with ideas on how they can scramble our brains again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Oh they already and pretty darn sure they are already working on AC:3. There is no way they wouldn't. You can't have a AC:1,2 and fit together with such complexity by starting to write the next game after you finish the previous one. Everything has already been written.

xXxDAL978xXx
11-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Lucy wasn't missing a finger. She folded it back.

Spot on, she did fold it back, she is a templar, she is a bad girl.

Abeonis
11-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ExprtAssassin:
Okay guys so at the end of it, Desmond kills Lucy as you all know. Here is something most everyone probably did not catch. LUCY HAS ALL 10 FINGERS. In AC1, Lucy shows Desmond her severed finger, showing she is an assassin.

/facepalm

FANIS1993
11-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by DespondentSoul:

well sure they read the possible explanations and stories that we write but i am sure they have a plot from the start and they working on it since the developer i think said that there is going to be a new game in 2011.

Astralcloak
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by dirty_danty:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ExprtAssassin:

fail of epic proportions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed

Astralcloak
11-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by rknall:

how could it POSSIBLY be subject 16, he was the animus subject BEFORE desmond got involved, therfore the events desmond went through were after 16's death, meaning it can't be him in an animus
- edit - you know what's amazing? the fact that this thread will go on along time, and it's all founded from a false statment?...

MaNiaCaLZ78
11-30-2010, 04:49 PM
As much as I like the McDonalds theory I am gonna say that its not probable. I did notice the finger thing, didn't give much thought to it though. attributied it to a glitch. And I thought the voices were just Shawn and umm...whatshername.

Mutley_Rulz
11-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by AssassinsFaithX:
Lucy got stabbed, but I do not believe she's dead.

Also, yeah, she folded her finger back to show Desmond she knew what he saw, and was, and was an Assassin herself.
I think she's dead, but somehow she'll come back to life in one of dem temple thingies.
Anyhoo, it's probably just a slip-up at the Ubi offices? If not, then maybe she is a fake. Highly doubt it though, what with them Minerva and Co. having the sixth sense they'd be able to determine it was a fake and wouldn't bother "righting the scales". Quite annoyed at Desmond, his ancestors could resist the apple but that noob couldn't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

callumh6
12-04-2010, 01:31 AM
i'm surprised none of you have realised. in AC2, leonardo da vinci tells ezio that he no longer has to lose a finger, due to alterations in the hidden blade design. if assassins in the renaissance don't have to lose their fingers, why would modern day assassins? this means that the assassins can be more subtle about what they are. its a bit obvious if you go walking around with a finger missing. therefore, lucy is an assassin and folds her finger back to prove she is. if she had a finger missing, i'm pretty sure abstergo would have noticed, and saun and rebecca would have as well, seeing as they're both assassins, and they don't. peace out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Brett_Master5
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
ok First off, if Lucy had bent her finger back, she would have had to physically do it with her right hand. Or if she had been bending her finger forward, her other fingers would have been askew somewhat unless she was super dexterious like a Vulcan. Try it out for yourself. :P

To Callumh6: *IF* she cut her finger off she did it because she and Desmond did not know of what improvements had been made to the hidden blade at that time, and so cutting her finger would have been the easiest way for Desmond to see Lucy as an ally.

I have not completed AC:Bh as yet, but from what is said, it's more than possible, and I have always thought that Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca were always a part of the Templar organisation to get more information from Desmond. It's much much easier to gain information from someone if they think that you're trying to help them than force them. I am sure that the Templars know of this approach.

zGift
12-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Seeing how hard Desmond is working and trying to help by the end of AC:B compared to AC1, if the entire thing was a ruse, a means to an end to get the information they need, it was working quite well.

Templars also have access to some POEs, Ja? So naturally, they might've used these to keep an eye on Lucy, influence her, etc.

She've might've just broken D out just thinking killing him was a waste and he could've gotten more information for them. It's not like he'd have anyone else to turn to, thus could be influenced by those who stood there with open arms and would develop that silent obligation to "save/help his friends".

d-ShLuM
12-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Since when has cloning been apart of the AC games? All of you who are saying Abstergo has a clone of Lucy spying on Desmond are ******ed.

TheRighteousOne
12-08-2010, 08:00 AM
This whole finger things seems like a wild goose chase to me. Fist off Desmond slipped on the hidden blade without losing a finger, so it doesn't need to be lost in modern times. Second, Both times we've seen Lucy fight she didn't use a hidden blade. She didn't even wear one. So even if did require it, wasn't her weapon of choice. She may not have even trained with it. And you didn't see Shaun or Rebecka missing a finger either. I think like was said earlier, she bent her finger, but not to fool Desmond, but to signal him. At Abstergo she couldn't exactly go right up to him and say, "By the way, I'm an assassin planted in here to get you out."

Now here absence for several sequences is suspicious, but if you check the emails, she's still active among the group. She's taking watches and doing food runs among other things. Keep in mind that each of these sequences is taking about a week to go through and Desmond isn't just powering through 24/7 She is there. She just happens to be away at that time. The only suspicion I could possibly have is that she's spending less time with the group more time reporting to the templars, but like I said this is occurring over weeks so you'd think Shaun and Rebecca would notice her being absent that much. Besides if she is in fact a templar spy she probably doesn't need to disappear to send them messages or report in. Just hide a cellphone outside in the bushes and call in during a watch. If she's going so far as to feed them data collected from Desmond's animus sessions, its as easy as dropping a flash drive at a chosen location for another templar agent to pick up. Or passing it off to one when she makes a food run. It wouldn't be hard and it wouldn't be so obvious.

Spartiates_Monk
12-08-2010, 12:03 PM
My guess is that when Ubs was making ACB they hadn't decided where the story was going.

I'd also guess that since it's not a "true sequel", but an offshoot to a "real" episode, everything in it story-wise, while interesting (and no doubt will fill in some blanks for AC3) will ultimately turn out to be non-essential to the overall plot arch.

If I had to guess, I'd bet the entire thing was inside the animus, and that the Templars "ambushed" the group in van/truck while Desmond was hooked in after AC2 (after you beat the game, but can go back in and play around).

That way if you skipped ACB, you could still plug right into the story.

notafanboy
12-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Kaz_Lezar:
I still vote for the Mcdonalds thing. im with you on that one ...

Pat0307
12-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by d-ShLuM:
Since when has cloning been apart of the AC games? All of you who are saying Abstergo has a clone of Lucy spying on Desmond are ******ed.

well there is cloning in both AC1 and AC2. Both were done using the power of the Apple to make copies of the wielder(Al Mualim and Ezio). It is possible, but the clones didn't bleed when stabbed ACB ENDING SPOILER-> like lucy did

d-ShLuM
12-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Pat0307:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d-ShLuM:

well there is cloning in both AC1 and AC2. Both were done using the power of the Apple to make copies of the wielder(Al Mualim and Ezio). It is possible, but the clones didn't bleed when stabbed ACB ENDING SPOILER-> like lucy did </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're suggesting that Lucy has had an Apple of Eden the whole time, and is using one of her clones to spy on Desmond?

Also, she did bleed when she was stabbed..

RH0DSEY
12-13-2010, 10:12 AM
I personally hope that she doesn't die because with shaun, rebecca and desmond they're a perfect team, and too many games are killing off the characters people like (mainly modern warfare with Gaz, Ghost etc). I'm getting a bit bored with it but that's just me.

As for the ending watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnM6OY3xIGg
though it goes on for a while it does make sense. If it is true then the First Civilisation are just evil and desmond wouldn't work with them to create a pure F.C. anyway, so i'm unsure

but as i said hopefully she won't die, or they'll find a piece of eden that can revive the fallen, like the holy grail or something. So for that reason i like the idea of a clone, that you may rescue in the next one or something.

but we'll see.

Serrachio
12-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by d-ShLuM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat0307:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d-ShLuM:

well there is cloning in both AC1 and AC2. Both were done using the power of the Apple to make copies of the wielder(Al Mualim and Ezio). It is possible,but the clones didn't bleed when stabbed ACB ENDING SPOILER-> like lucy did </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're suggesting that Lucy has had an Apple of Eden the whole time, and is using one of her clones to spy on Desmond?

Also, she did bleed when she was stabbed.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read that and you'll understand.

ExprtAssassin
12-15-2010, 06:54 AM
This is pretty funny, after I realized my mistake, I was willing to let the thread die out, but its just keepin on keepin on! I know I was wrong guys. Now my theory is this: Ubisoft can do whatever the hell they want with this, so why worry about it? Hell, they could turn it around and make Desmond get killed by Lucy for all we know.

Alpha Ender
12-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Sorry, didn't want to go through three pages, but folks talking about that red trail outside the villa: it isn't there in between sequence 1 and 2, when you're unloading the van and all that, so it couldn't be anyone from your team (or it would have showed up already).