PDA

View Full Version : Can't play as long range U-Boat..

OzzyTom
07-15-2010, 01:01 AM
Me again,

Using SH3 Commander and GWX 3.0 Gold. I can't seem to load up a career as a commander of a long range Type IX U-Boat in either 2nd, 10th, 12th or any other flotilla at any stage in the war. I go through the motions, then I start loading the first patrol and when it gets to the 'A Long Time Ago' bit it crashes to desktop, every single time I've tried.

I can't figure out the problem, it loads up any other kind of career no problem and the game works fine. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks,

OzzyTom

deep.sharks
07-15-2010, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by OzzyTom:
Me again,

Using SH3 Commander and GWX 3.0 Gold. I can't seem to load up a career as a commander of a long range Type IX U-Boat in either 2nd, 10th, 12th or any other flotilla at any stage in the war. I go through the motions, then I start loading the first patrol and when it gets to the 'A Long Time Ago' bit it crashes to desktop, every single time I've tried.

I can't figure out the problem, it loads up any other kind of career no problem and the game works fine. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks,

OzzyTom

hello OzzyTom

you have GWX 3.0 gold ?
I have unistall GWX becouse I see no GWX players online http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
the GWX game is very slow laoding to
5 minutes GWX loading on multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
SH-3 players jes a lat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

HW3
07-15-2010, 03:17 AM
OzzyTom,

I have heard of some people having crashing problems having a type VII and type IX career going at the same time. I'm not sure that is your problem, as I ran a type VII and type IX career at the same time in WaW IV.

OzzyTom
07-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah, well I can't even start a Type IX career at all.

VONHARRIS
07-15-2010, 12:57 PM
My friend , this is the first time I see something like that. I use the exact same configuration SH3+GWX3.0 GOLD but I have never faced such a problem. Tough luck. A clean install might help.

OzzyTom
07-17-2010, 10:01 AM
I just tried a clean install but no luck, still can't play as a Type IX

VONHARRIS
07-17-2010, 11:17 PM
I have another idea. Can you play a carrer with a IX without the SH3 Commander? If yes then either your version of SH3 commander isn't the latest or you need some files to make it fully comaptible with GWX3.0 I don't remember where I got those but I can send them to you via email. If you wish send me your email with a private message.

OzzyTom
07-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Nope, can't play as a Type IX outside of SH3 Commander either http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

VONHARRIS
07-19-2010, 09:27 AM
That is very odd. Install SH3 but do not install the Commander at all. If you still can not play with a IX then you might have a corrupted file somewhere in your SH3 disk and it is not installing correctly.

OzzyTom
07-24-2010, 08:53 PM
If it is a corrupted file then it has corrupted recently because I have had a number of successful IX patrols since I first bought the game. Could a scratch or blemish on the disk have caused this?

Kaleun1961
07-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by OzzyTom:
If it is a corrupted file then it has corrupted recently because I have had a number of successful IX patrols since I first bought the game. Could a scratch or blemish on the disk have caused this?

Are you still using the disc every time you play? You should install your game using the no-disc method, thereby getting rid of the StarForce copy protection and never again have to use the disc to play.

OzzyTom
08-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Yes I am still using the disk, do you have a link to instructions for the no-disk method?

Kaleun1961
08-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Instructions for the no-disc method are posted in a sticky thread at the very top of the forum. It's rather easy to do. PM me if you do not understand the instructions and if you need help in setting it up. You can either download the files required, or I could email them to you; again, PM me if you need help.

OzzyTom
08-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Ok, so I've reinstalled using the no-disk method. I could play as an IX in the stock game patched to 1.4b, but not with either GWX or SH3 Commander. Any ideas?

I'm using GWX Gold 3.0 and SH3 Commander 3.2. There are no corrupted files in the GWX, I've checked it again.