PDA

View Full Version : WOW, I've been playing too much Assassins Creed..

bughole5
05-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I had a dream in which I was watching my ancestor and we were standing face to face, creepiest ever...Imagine what it would be like to see your grandfather when he was young, spittin' game at some broad.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Xanatos2007
05-13-2011, 02:24 AM
That's not uncommon, a friend of someone I know had a similar dream where they were in the body of one of their ancestors from around the Victorian era. After doing a little research afterwards she traced her lineage back to that time and found out that she did indeed have a noble ancestor from around that time. In fact many of us might've had 'genetic dreams' without even knowing it.

IIwangcarsII
05-13-2011, 02:28 AM
I had a similar dream where I was infiltrating some rich dudes house, who was a paedophile and he was my target! But I had no hidden blade so my weapon was a red hot poker I found on the fireplace. And this is no joke either! Thats all I can remember, I cant remember killing him or anything but it was definitely related to me playing assassins creed before I went to bed! Haha
And it is the clearest dream I have ever remembered!

PhiIs1618033
05-13-2011, 03:36 AM
Yeah, videogames tend to hijack your dreams. About half of my dreams in my dreamjournal are at least related to Assassin's Creed. :P

IIwangcarsII
05-13-2011, 03:48 AM
Its because assassins creed is such an amazing series that its inevitable for you're mind to recreate moments similar to that of assassins creed! Assassins creed 2 is still my absolute favourite game!

bughole5
05-13-2011, 03:54 AM
the whole idea of the animus and being able to relive genetic memory is brilliant. It's incredible to imagine that your DNA can have the memories of your ancestor, what if it really does ?
<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

L.Cie
05-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Yeah, videogames tend to hijack your dreams. About half of my dreams in my dreamjournal are at least related to Assassin's Creed. :P

It's not just games, either -- I run a forum RPG and my characters (and sometimes those which aren't my own) reguarly intrude on my dreams! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
I think it's all depends on how much passion for that particular subject the dreamer has.

Originally posted by bughole5:
the whole idea of the animus and being able to relive genetic memory is brilliant. It's incredible to imagine that your DNA can have the memories of your ancestor, what if it really does ?

I wouldn't be surprised if it does; the human brain, being so complex, most likely still has plenty of secrets and functions science has so far been unable to discover. Besides, there must be another way apart from incredible memory that turtles and certain birds use to find their way back to nesting sites generation after generation.

bughole5
05-13-2011, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by bughole5:

I always look at "nothing is true, everything is permitted" as the slogan for science

we know how small animal brains are, maybe the way they think is through genetic memory

persiateddy95
05-13-2011, 05:20 AM
There is no such thing as "too much Assassin's Creed".

LaCava1
05-13-2011, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by L.Cie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bughole5:

I wouldn't be surprised if it does; the human brain, being so complex, most likely still has plenty of secrets and functions science has so far been unable to discover. Besides, there must be another way apart from incredible memory that turtles and certain birds use to find their way back to nesting sites generation after generation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, see, that probably IS the case. Just a few nights ago (haven't played any AC in a few weeks, mind you. Been playing other stuff.)
I witnessed my grandfather (not as far back as my roots in Italy and Scotland, but still two generations back) working in his office (he was a police chief). He was talking to another guy, who he called Alex.
I asked my grandfather, and he did in fact work with a man named Alex!

It was crazy. But that DOES in fact support the theory of genetic memories.

RebeccaLH
05-13-2011, 06:48 AM
So, now we dont need an animus.
I wish i had dreams like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GunnarGunderson
05-13-2011, 08:08 AM
I had a dream I was up in the raftors of a stadium waiting in ambush for Steve Jobs

SleezeRocker
05-13-2011, 09:30 AM
LOL it's not uncommon man, just means you suffering the Bleeding Effect (Playing long hours on the ANimus/PS3/Xbox) and now you see stuff lol

Let's I've had maybe 3 Assassin-like dreams before but the one that stands the most is:

*note this was one those dreams where it starts as one thing, and INSTANLY becomes something else*

That I was at college talking with my friend Nellely *I was wearing a White shirt..but Black leather-ish pants with pauldrons* and she asks me "Why are you wearing those bottoms?"

And then suddenly there is like some Raid of Iron guards running and one moment it looked like the school campus, but I turn around, EVERYTHING suddenly does the Animus Loading (Like when you start a new CH everything materializes) and turns into like an old (AC2/B) Italian city and suddenly I hear the intro "Home in Florence" playing and then switched to "Florence Terantella" LOL

Suddenly im wearing full on Assassin robes (Black and Red) and as Im walking I see Nellely, but she is being dragged to some Castle by Papal Guards :P and then I hear "Access the Animus/AC1 Chase" song playing and I miracly have awesome PArkouring and start dashing towards the castle-like building. Then you know shank some guards and then sword fighted.

After the Killstreak, she asks me "You look familiar?" and suddenly I turn away and then Eagle dive from the castle...but then The animus loading/De-materialize(When CH is over effect) and suddenly im jumping off some huge SKyscraper (kind of like in Dark Knight)and when I hit the "bottom", I wake up....on the floor by my bed and my friend/roomate comes in and says "Are you ok? How the hell you fall off your bed?"
Me "....Idk O_o?" *in mind-LOLZ Bleed Effect*

If I were to asses myself I would say "No more playing AC at night after HW and thinking about what to do next day with my friend Nellely" lol

CFord664
05-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
There is no such thing as "too much Assassin's Creed".

Spot on.