PDA

View Full Version : val operating tips

stugumby
11-13-2004, 03:21 PM
seems i cant survuive in a val nomatter what i do, stay with the formation and hacked down first, dump bombs and riddled 2 wildcats but no kills, my rear gunner is blind as a bat and even in c mode i cant kill whoevers behind me, lots of pieces and trailing smoke but no kills. Went to wake island and keep getting shot down in flames, eventually i will figure it out.

Also just upgraded my ram to the 1 gig and what a difference it made, no more stutters especially in the rufe games..

VaporBlast
11-13-2004, 07:51 PM
well I'm getting killed more times than I can keep count in that plane so I'd like some tips too.

GT182
11-13-2004, 08:23 PM
LOL... now you know how the Japanese felt during the war. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Can we say realism?

I'm not trying to be a smarta**. I just think it goes by the way of the realism we all want. One thing to remember is never fly a straight line or stay at the same altitude. Like in "stick and move". Straight and level will get you killed...fast.

STENKA_69GIAP
11-14-2004, 03:45 AM
It depends a bit whether you are flying on-line against real opponents or against AI.

We are currently practicing online a lot on the Val and it is one of the big surprises of the game.

If you get tangled up with fighters, dump your loadout drop to 100 meteres AND ATTACK - don't fly straight and rely on your rear gunner.

This plane realy does turn and dogfight like a fighter and is virtualy unstallable - throw in different levels of flaps, power and even occasional airbrakes - a fighter will be forced to overshoot or stall and drop into the drink.

In sharp low turns slowly reduce the throttle - which slows and tightens the turn - if the fighter follows he will stall first and at 100 metres that is fatal.

Use rudder to keep the nose up in stall turns not to pull you into the turn.

We practice against Zeros and if the fighter pilot is not completely on the ball he will lose or run out of ammo.

It will also take a lot of damage from early war planes to bring a Val down.

LEXX_Luthor
11-14-2004, 04:11 AM
You ain't kidding. D3A1 would make good "claude." I have not yet stalled D3A1 ... or SBD. Jerking stick has fast as I can but maybe that was correct look at the size of D3A wing lol.

Jieitai_Tsunami
11-14-2004, 09:29 AM
I just purchest a book all about the val today. I would like to see more bomber groups flying her in this game.

I would have said from dogfight experience. Most players only go after bombers if they are right in front of them.
Plot a good course, keep high and if you see any action in front of you change heading to fly around it.

Get to your target then get out as fast as you can.

I'd like to try dogfighting with her though. She is much lighter and stable than the the Stuka so it might just work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Val anthem!
http://www.d1.dion.ne.jp/~j_kihira/band/midi/kanbaku.html

Ghost-like clouds run wild and low,
Raving gales howl aimlessly,
We brave the stormy skies,
Flying on our dive-bombers' magical wings,
We are the powerful dive-bomber air group.

Through storms of hot wind and hail,
We find our enemy on the Seven Seas,
With righteousness our blod is excited,
We draw our sword immediately, and take-off,
With the roar of our engines from the deck,

Obeying our urgent order to attack,
Even if we become a mass of flames,
With a bomb held close to our hearts,
We cannot die until it strikes into the enemy,
We dive with the bomb!

We do no think of returning alive,
We fight both as Devil and God,
By the desperate fighting of our dive-bombers,
We drive away forever the enemy fleet,
We are the courageous dive-bomber group!

stugumby
11-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Managed to dump and squirt on a wildcat or 2 but couldnt get a kill, lots of pieces and the life raft compartment door. What is the reccommended bomb dropping degree of dive and altitude, is there a recovery system ala stuka???
yeah indeedy it is a nimble beast but my gunnery sucks and 2 7.7 have got to hit something vital right away, so im still giving his ground crew some late nights....

ElAurens
11-14-2004, 05:32 PM
I rather like the Val, I feel it is by far the best dive bomber in the game. And the real suprise is that once the bombload is gone it is quite maneuverable and can, under certain circumstances, be quite the good dogfighter.

I tend to commence my dives from at least 3200 meters, throttle pulled all the way back, dive brakes on, and coming straight down on my target.