PDA

View Full Version : General *.ntrk file wierdness

WWBrian
05-02-2005, 02:29 AM
Greetings All,

Does anyone else suffer from innacurate recordings during .ntrk playback?

I make a quick-track of me on an online dogfight server where I stalked a slower enemy plane from below and behind - yet when I played back the track, the enemy was nowhere in front of me.

I first assumed it was just some sort of online lag issue but then...

I went into QMB and set up a quick 109 vs two P47s mission. I killed the #2 P47, but when I aquired the #1, he went low and slow - contrails off the wing the whole time and at about 20-50 feet off the water. I thought he was trying to maneuver kill me at first - now I think it may have been a bug. I eventually got him and flew back to base and landed...

When I played back the track, it showed me bending a prop during the low alt chase, and me shooting my guns with nothing in front of me.
It showed me crashing into the ocean -- still shooting my guns.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Or at minimum reduce the chances of this happening?

Thanks in advance,
~S!~
-WWBrian

Finkeren
05-02-2005, 03:24 AM
A lot of people have experienced inacurracies in the recordings, but what you are telling sounds quite severe, there might be a bug in your installation perhaps?

anarchy52
05-02-2005, 04:16 AM
When I play the online recorded tracks they show my 109 with one undercarriage leg extended?!?

zaelu
05-02-2005, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by anarchy52:
When I play the online recorded tracks they show my 109 with one undercarriage leg extended?!?

I think is because you started the recording imediately after hitting the gear up key... I've seen that in my tracks. Also dont start the recording during the countdown of starting coops.

TAGERT.
05-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by WWBrian:
Greetings All,

Does anyone else suffer from innacurate recordings during .ntrk playback?

I make a quick-track of me on an online dogfight server where I stalked a slower enemy plane from below and behind - yet when I played back the track, the enemy was nowhere in front of me.

I first assumed it was just some sort of online lag issue but then...

I went into QMB and set up a quick 109 vs two P47s mission. I killed the #2 P47, but when I aquired the #1, he went low and slow - contrails off the wing the whole time and at about 20-50 feet off the water. I thought he was trying to maneuver kill me at first - now I think it may have been a bug. I eventually got him and flew back to base and landed...

When I played back the track, it showed me bending a prop during the low alt chase, and me shooting my guns with nothing in front of me.
It showed me crashing into the ocean -- still shooting my guns.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Or at minimum reduce the chances of this happening?

Thanks in advance,
~S!~
-WWBrian I notice that in *.trk files but not *.ntrk files

anarchy52
05-05-2005, 08:01 AM
109 is shown with one leg extended and 190 with glare filter over sight...
maybe I should try the the last sacred R of Micro$oft support - Reinstall?
(first two are Retry and Reboot)

JuHa-
05-05-2005, 10:00 AM
I too see occasionally incorrect flight paths on my .trk and .ntrk films, no idea why this happens.
On or Offline, doesn't matter. Maybe on 5% on
all recordings.

FiAW_Vaijy
05-06-2005, 02:47 AM
The 109 with one leg in track was a bug in one of the previous patches , I can't remember anymore which one. But it's fixed now.

But still if you play the track recorded with that faulty patch , you will see the "chost leg".

anarchy52
05-06-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by FiAW_Vaijy:
The 109 with one leg in track was a bug in one of the previous patches , I can't remember anymore which one. But it's fixed now.

But still if you play the track recorded with that faulty patch , you will see the "chost leg".

****...I have 3.04 and tracks are recorded in 3.04...that means there's something wrong with my instalation?

ManicGibber
05-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Same weird recordings for me too. Quick mission builder game I killed a zero then head to base and land, the recording shows me colliding with the zero and losing a wing and bailing out with the zero heading home and landing, nothing like what actually happened in the game.

p.s. It becomes even more crazy if you do a track of the first track, very strange stuff happens then lmao.