PDA

View Full Version : Can you simply walk off ledges

wolfy000
12-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Ok so iv wanted to do this for ages, in the assassins creed games can you simply walk of a roof or ledge without doing some massive jump? Also how do you do the hidden blade multi rapid gut stab in brotherhood and revelations, it's the best move but I can't do it exept in AC 2!!! please help.

value_zero
12-11-2011, 03:12 AM
By tackling person on the ground, doesnt take you any damage,also depends on what high you are on u can simply jump and catch a ledge meters above the ground, or trying to fool the game that u tried to catch something with a ledge grab, that way the game think u tried to catch something and dont take you health from a really nasty high jump, but that doesnt mean u can jump from the highest building and expect to survive, about that kill i didnt quite understand what exacly u was talking about, if u talk about that when u stab him and u gently put him on the ground, it is done on high profile, just like the neck stab, i still cant understend the multi rapid part.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 03:42 AM
lso how do you do the hidden blade multi rapid gut stab in brotherhood and revelations, it's the best move but I can't do it exept in AC 2!!! please help.

The only thing that comes to mind is what I saw Altair do in one of his fights - he just uses the blade to stab the person like 8 times in a row super fast.
I think that's only a move they gave Altair in ACR? It never happened w/ Ezio in my gameplay when I used the hidden blades.

We can never walk off a ledges unless there's something underneath to jump onto without killing or injuring yourself from what I recollect.
Unless there's another reachable rooftop or wall or cart to hop onto, it makes you stop & grab the edge w/ your hands so you can get back up & jump.

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 07:06 AM
You can drop off of the edge of something by just momentarily tapping the high profile trigger/button, but not holding A/Cross to jump.

It will make your character drop down just like how you see hired thieves do it. You should be mindful of the drop though, because it can hurt you if the distance is far enough (singleplayer only).

The rapid stab counter move with the dual hidden blades has always been in the game since AC2, and is just one of the counters you can perform with double hidden blades.

It might take a while to see it, especially with the amount of counters they've added since.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 07:13 AM
I didn't see it in any of my 3 gameplay's.

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

It is still possible though, I have done it many times.

You might not be familiar with the technique, so you may not have noticed it, if you're referring to the drop.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

You might not be familiar with the technique, so you may not have noticed it, if you're referring to the drop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh sorry, I was referring to the multiple stab w/ the blade.

DavisP92
12-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

You might not be familiar with the technique, so you may not have noticed it, if you're referring to the drop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh sorry, I was referring to the multiple stab w/ the blade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea prodigirl, i've done that kill with Ezio since AC2. There is a trailer that has it too, if u want proof http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

Oh sorry, I was referring to the multiple stab w/ the blade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea prodigirl, i've done it with Ezio since AC2. There is a trailer that has it too, if u want proof http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, no I believe you, it just never happened for me. I'd love to see that & I did see the Trailers, I must have just missed it.
Thanks.

Abeonis
12-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:

yea prodigirl, i've done it with Ezio since AC2. There is a trailer that has it too, if u want proof http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, yeah... not absolutely every little detail we see in trailers convert to actual in-game practices.

OP: Unless you trick the system by momentarily switching to high momentum, you can only walk of ledges that are stupidly close to the ground.

Inorganic9_2
12-11-2011, 08:37 AM
The hidden blade kill will only work if you hit an enemy with the hidden blade cleanly (i.e. without hitting their weapon). Or, you can throw sand at your enemy, then attack while they are blinded.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 08:44 AM
OP: Unless you trick the system by momentarily switching to high momentum, you can only walk of ledges that are stupidly close to the ground.

I think I see what he's asking now, alot of times when I just want to hop straight down if I'm on top of a wall or hill, I can't.
I have to do a jump, then my jump goes way farther than I need to go & sometimes I lose some health when it goes bad.

UrDeviant1
12-11-2011, 08:53 AM
8/10times I can pull off that rapid stabs to the stomach kill. For me It works when I switch to low profile during combat and you have to be In line with the enemy, like in front of him and not to the side at all. It has worked In high profile too but its more rare. And to jump off high buildings without taking a leap forward you go to the ledge and if there is a civilian walking by you can press RT and B (or what you usually use to grab). This way Ezio will land on the civilian without taking damage.

jmk1999
12-11-2011, 09:28 AM
unless you're really high, you can usually do a roll to avoid damage. that's what i do. they teach that method in parkour and stuff. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:

Erm, yeah... not absolutely every little detail we see in trailers convert to actual in-game practices.

OP: Unless you trick the system by momentarily switching to high momentum, you can only walk of ledges that are stupidly close to the ground. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've done it from the very edge of a rooftop, it is actually very possible.

I wouldn't recommend having Ezio do a little hop from the top of a building because you can get damaged, but if you don't mind that, you can pull it off.

If you don't want to get damaged, you can do the Air Tackle though.

wolfy000
12-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Wait so 2 drop off the ledge u briefly tap high profile and to do the hidden blade rapid stomach stab you in combat switch out of high profile or throw sand at him

UrDeviant1
12-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by BasalCone50181:
Wait so 2 drop off the ledge u briefly tap high profile and to do the hidden blade rapid stomach stab you in combat switch out of high profile or throw sand at him

If it's a low ledge, then yes. And simply switching out of high profile won't work for the stab.

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 10:42 AM

To drop off of a ledge when you're standing at the edge of the roof/on a beam, you briefly tap high profile while aiming the movement stick in the direction you want to hop off from, without holding A/Cross for the Jump function.

I assume what other people are trying to say for the rapid stab animation, is that you have to be directed towards the guard you want to kill and attack them without being deflected by their weapon.

I would recommend that to pull it off, you go up to a guard that isn't in combat with you, approach them head on so that you are both facing each other, and then as you go to instantly kill him because he isn't in conflict, go into high profile for a slight second before you attack, so that it registers the instant kill as a high profile one.

Either Ezio will slash their neck with both blades at the same time, or he can stab them rapidly.

I have also seen it occur when you attack a regular guard over and over again in combat for the combo kill, provided you're fulling facing them from the front.

Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
If it's a low ledge, then yes. And simply switching out of high profile won't work for the stab.

It doesn't even have to be a low ledge, by just tapping the high profile trigger a little bit from the edge of a tall building, Ezio will drop down into a fall to the ground below.

If it is really tall, there may be some damage involved, but it is better than waiting around for a civilian to pass into reach to Air Tackle.

wolfy000
12-11-2011, 10:42 AM
I no if ezio won't get damaged he can drop off but if it's off say a 2 story building can you still do it

naran6142
12-11-2011, 10:43 AM
to pull off the rapid stabby gut move:

3 different moves happen, one is the stabby gut move

1- get into conflict
2- start attacking guard with hidden blades, hit the guard a few times until just before ur kill streak starts
4- now kick the guard
5- and follow up immediately with an attack

this move is not one of the regular kill animation so un less you do this u wont really see it,, but it is still there

NOTE: i haven't tryed this in ACR, but it will work in ACB 100% of the time if used right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

UrDeviant1
12-11-2011, 10:45 AM
I no if ezio won't get damaged he can drop off but if it's off say a 2 story building can you still do it

Have you not read anything I said? :/

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 10:52 AM

You can hop down from above by tapping the high profile button just a small bit, but you might be damaged a bit, and there is also an Air Tackle, where you aim onto a civilian and run a little bit before pressing B/Circle to jump onto them from above, non-lethally, to suffer no damage.

Its a nice option to not take damage, but sometimes, there won't be a civilian nearby to perform the maneuver on.

Considering how cheap medicine is, you should try doing the first suggestion if you need to get somewhere quick.

You're only telling them how to do the Air Tackle, I am detailing the other option.

wolfy000
12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
With the hop off ledge thing like in the debut trailer of assassins creed 2 when he drops off the beam how soon do u press high profile cause I have done it twice now but iv tried like 30 times, do u have to be walking standing still any thing I need to be doing

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 11:06 AM
With the hop off ledge thing like in the debut trailer of assassins creed 2 when he drops off the beam how soon do u press high profile cause I have done it twice now but iv tried like 30 times, do u have to be walking standing still any thing I need to be doing

Stand right at the edge of the the rooftop and press in the high profile trigger for a second or so, and nudge Ezio just a bit, if it doesn't happen the first time, try it again straight after and he should hop off of the edge of the roof.

Once you get the feel for it, you can link it in to freerunning so that you release high profile when you're sprinting just a tad and take your finger off of the A/Cross button, and he will be able to drop off of the edge from that speed.

wolfy000
12-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks you guys have been awesome, and I have been listening vividly but I just havnt got it yet, I am playing on the psp version assassins creed bloodlines, I thought that might make a difference but I did pull it off twice

wolfy000
12-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Ok one last question I did get it now but can u step off a beam

value_zero
12-11-2011, 12:17 PM
As naran said u can use combo, attack, kick ,attack (instead the timed attacks from ac1 and ac2 ) does defence break kill animation which is the one u want to see, tougher guards in acb are kick, attack, kick, attack, didnt tried in acr that yet.

UrDeviant1
12-11-2011, 12:26 PM

You're only telling them how to do the Air Tackle, I am detailing the other option.[/QUOTE]

Not true.

DavisP92
12-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:

that is true, but since we weren't refering to every little detail and we were talking about something that was seen in a trailer and converted to the final game product. so... yea

wolfy000
12-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Can u step off a beam, u no like just step off not hang down then fall. Also for revelations what do u get if u 100% synch all the missions

PhiIs1618033
12-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Serrachio, as far as I'm aware, that isn't possible at all in Revelations. Ezio will just drop and then hang off the edge of the building instead of moving to the ground.

Early jump is a good alternative. Also, sometimes the game screws up collision detection in corners, so Ezio just falls down. Just walk over them a couple times and it should happen.
As far as other methods, I think high-profile punching or grabbing might work, but I'm not sure in AC:R.

wolfy000
12-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Wait i just went on revelations, walked right up to the ledge and pressed high profile and gently pressed forward, nothing happened, it didnt work. Are u meant to only press high profile or what, like are u meant to just tap high profile? Someone said it didnt work in acr, seriously does it not work in acr but does in acb, if thats true so annoyed

Also u no in AC2 whenever u jumped u always landed on the very edge of a roof, how do u do that in brotherhood and revelations?

wolfy000
12-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Also does anyone no how to throw dust in revelations, it only seems to work if u have fists equiped

wolfy000
01-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Ok no one has answered. Can u walk off a ledge, and if so how do u do it because i tried walking to the very edge and in the ledge lookover mode and not i tried tapping high profile and holding it and pressing forward hard and soft, it didnt work, however i am playing revelations, someone said in revelations u cant. PLease help cause it for me only works in the psp version assassins creed bloodlines. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP