PDA

View Full Version : What's next Springfield Arms and Colt Arms suing Call of Duty...!!!

Charlie901
12-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Or any other arms manufacturer from suing cause their weapons are used in FPS games without credit.

ElAurens
12-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Yes.

Mulleteer
12-21-2004, 02:32 AM
I confirm, as matter of fact this thread and all its contributors are sued.

stansdds
12-21-2004, 04:07 AM
I've got some ideas, pretty far fetched stuff, but I want to know how I can copyright them so someone else can't use them to further the good of all mankind without me reaping massive profits. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Fritzofn
12-21-2004, 04:31 AM
perhaps Colt arms should be sue cause of beeing greedy :-))

Aaron_GT
12-21-2004, 04:40 AM
"I've got some ideas, pretty far fetched stuff, but I want to know how I can copyright them so someone else can't use them to further the good of all mankind without me reaping massive profits."

You can't copyright ideas.

You can patent some things (what you can patent varies from country to country)

You can trademark some things.

You can copyright some things (text, music, film - the finalised -expression- of an idea).

But you can't copyright an idea - a patent would be the nearest applicable IP protection.

JG51Beolke
12-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Basically, Yes.................

Chuck_Older
12-21-2004, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charlie901:
Or any other arms manufacturer from suing cause their weapons are used in FPS games without credit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Charlie-

do you even really know what has transpired concerning the issue?

Fliger747
12-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Note that the current civilian manufacturer of 'Springfield' arms has NOTHING to do with the US arsenal at Springfield Mass. which was closed in the 1960's by DEFSEC Robert Strange MacNamera. It was the US armory at Springfield which designed and manufactured such terrific historic arms such as the 1903 rifle and M1 'Garand'.

I do believe this is an unfortunate develpopment, but suspect that the real (more complicated) story is to be found at some distance from the boundaries of this fan site.

Capt._Tenneal
12-21-2004, 12:54 PM
The IL-2 sims might also be affected. What if they get a letter from the lawyers from Browning, Hispano Suiza, Rhinemetall-Borsig, Oerlikon, etc. or the companies that bought out or merged with these WW 2 gun makers ?

Owlsphone
12-21-2004, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charlie901:
Or any other arms manufacturer from suing cause their weapons are used in FPS games without credit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a matter of fact, you are next. The NVA wants their name back.