PDA

View Full Version : Installed FBGold, then PFm... Won't load... (SOLVED!)

ladlon
03-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Hello again...

I was successfully running PF, and now have just received my copy of FBGold.

I uninstalled IL2 (original one), and PF... installed FBGold (worked fine), then PF (merged install), and everything SEEMED fine... until I tried running it.

I get the initial image screen (not the title one, but that first little image), and then nothing... No error, no indication of trouble. The initial image window disappears (as normal), but that's it. Just my desktop. No programs running in the task manager.

Can anyone help?

WinXP Pro
Pentium4 3gHz
ATI 9700 video card

(PF worked great as a standalone, and FB/AEP seemed fine when I installed it and ran it before adding PF to it)

***RECENT ADDITION***
I found a thread where someone had a similar problem. He was asked if he installed AEP. I assumed that wasn't the error I made, until he mentions that it's on the 3rd CD... When I installed mine, I did notice that the 3rd CD wasn't used... Found that odd, but now I think that's the error I made. So, I'll uninstall PF and check that out....

Ernst_Rohr
03-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Ladlon,

Here is the order you need to install in; (snipped from the sticky on the top of the page)

Install FB
Install AEP
Install PF
Install patch pf_patch303m.exe (100MB)
Install patch pf_patch401m.exe (141MB)
Install patch pf_v402m.exe (31MB)
Install patch pf_patch403m.exe (155MB)
Install patch pf_patch404m.exe (21.8MB)

ladlon
03-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Hello again, Ernst!

Ya, looks like I just missed the 3rd CD. I'm currently installing PF merged... We'll see if it works.

I can see why others totally missed the 3rd CD. You install FB, and then it seems like it's over. I DID wonder why the 3rd CD wasn't used, but assumed there were mission builders or some dev tools on it or something, so I didn't make much of it.

Ah, well...

Hey, thanks for the patch list. That'll come in handy!

Thanks again!

ladlon
03-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Yup, that was what I did wrong... It'w working now. My bad (....ugh, sorry for using that line!)

Now to patch this puppy up to current status!

slo_1_2_3
03-03-2006, 11:33 PM
lucky little fart.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ladlon
03-03-2006, 11:44 PM
You still don't have a copy of FB/AEP, Slo?

I scored mine from amazon.ca (I'm in Canada). $20... got it in a few days after ordering.

A week or so ago, it wasn't there (nor at any store here), so I thought I'd never get it... then suddenly it shows up at Amazon. I jumped on that faster than you can say, "Lucky Little Fart"!

Some guy is selling his copy on Ebay, aparently... though I never have a good feeling about Ebay sales.

slo_1_2_3
03-04-2006, 06:00 PM
i cant pay with credit card only money orders so...
i guess i'll be waiting on the "dvd"

ladlon
03-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Ah... Well, it sounds like the DVD is coming out very soon, though.

At least you won't have to do a complex series of installs/patches like I did!... Plus, you may get some extra goodies on there.